By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Fantasy X HD ..... to X360 or not to X360???

Ail said:
LordMatrix said:

Who else thinks this is also coming to X360? Would you buy this if it it comes to X360?

IDK about you guys but I think this is no doubt coming to X360 also and I would buy this for sure. This just will make the wait for TGS to start that much harder for me! :( Curse you Sony Press Conference! LOL

Simple answer.

the game wasn't designed for the 360.

You have to realize that most of these HD remake are nothing more than recompiling the code for the PS3 with a few changes here and there.

To have that code compile and be efficient on the 360 you however need heavy changes...

The same could be said for MGS HD, Silent Hill Collection, Zone of Enders HD etc. The majority never were even on a Microsoft platform previously but they are still coming to X360. So I don`t think that has anything to do with it.

Some are saying something about Sony having some kind of rights on the game....?? To my understanding those Final Fantasy rights only lasted so long and no longer exist. I was informed that part of the reason FF13 even made it to X360 was due to this agreement expiring.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Dunno if there's some form of exclusivity deal or whatever, but I guess it's definitely possible that it'll also be on 360.

However, FF X is one of my favourite FFs, so I'm incredibly hyped for it.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

It might be possible, but judging from unveiling, it seems square wants this as a ps3/vita original.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

darkknightkryta said:
PullusPardus said:
darkknightkryta said:
Unlikely for one reason; Sony paid for the game. Like the original Final Fantasy X, it was funded by Sony.

huh? where did you read that? what's your SAUCE ?

Back when Final Fantasy movie bankrupt Square I remember reading Sony bailed them out, but I'll just post this quote from that publishers screwing with Nintendo thread: "It was revealed today that Sony Computer Entertainment laid out a whopping 14,900 million Yen to Square (approximately 124 million USD) which will be used to make up for losses incurred on the recent Final Fantasy movie, and to further production on additional games. Sony now has a 19% interest in the company, becoming the second largest shareholder of Square's stock"

This is likely the reason for Sony publishing the game in Europe. Keep in mind that Sony no longer has that large of a share of the company.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
darkknightkryta said:
PullusPardus said:
darkknightkryta said:
Unlikely for one reason; Sony paid for the game. Like the original Final Fantasy X, it was funded by Sony.

huh? where did you read that? what's your SAUCE ?

Back when Final Fantasy movie bankrupt Square I remember reading Sony bailed them out, but I'll just post this quote from that publishers screwing with Nintendo thread: "It was revealed today that Sony Computer Entertainment laid out a whopping 14,900 million Yen to Square (approximately 124 million USD) which will be used to make up for losses incurred on the recent Final Fantasy movie, and to further production on additional games. Sony now has a 19% interest in the company, becoming the second largest shareholder of Square's stock"

This is likely the reason for Sony publishing the game in Europe. Keep in mind that Sony no longer has that large of a share of the company.

Wow, after bailing them out like that Square Enix has really fucked SONY over, the only console this gen which hasn't recieved an exclusive game from Square Enix is the PS3 I believe.

Around the Network

Kind of off-topic but I didn't find a thread about FFX HD being announced so.

Although I'm happy that my favorite game of all time is getting an HD release, I'm more happy to know that Square-Enix is interested in making HD remakes because I really want a KH collection.

Boutros said:

Although I'm happy that my favorite game of all time is getting an HD release, I'm more happy to know that Square-Enix is interested in making HD remakes because I really want a KH collection.

Agreed.  I don't think this is that big of news.  I know the FF fans are still gonna get this but....  Where is more Final Fantasy Versus 13 news?!?!

bevochan said:
Boutros said:

Agreed.  I don't think this is that big of news.  I know the FF fans are still gonna get this but....  Where is more Final Fantasy Versus 13 news?!?!

Won't be appearing at this TGS, more info / trailers will probably pop up at one of Square Enix's conferences (like they held in January).

To be honest I'm not interested. And dont care if it does or doesnt.

Im over final fantasy since FF13 release. Although FF10 was better than 13, its just not worth more cash. I have it already. Do I really need to buy it with a HD resolution. Now if it was a remake like Halo 1 is then Id give it a look.

But its not, so WASTE OF MY MONEY AND TIME.

( Looks at FF10 sat on shelf ).......

If you were a Final Fantasy fan when you chose to buy an Xbox over a PS3, you deserve this.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1