By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GameJournos.com: Breach of ethics by VGC? Updated: Details of RubangB's Departure

kitler53 said:
on the list of things that need improving concerning vgc's editorials ... this probably doesn't even rank in the top ten. :P

+1

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I don't see a problem with doing a product placement advertorial).  I just remember one of the articles and it was lame to me (I think it was one on Infamous).  Please show quality in what you write, and label it as an advertorial.

Yep, advertorial is an actually term (and I was thinking for a sec it was something I coined just now):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertorial

In short, don't be stupid.  Have the same quality of content as anything else.

I have no idea if this type of stuff goes on with other gaming sites, but this definitely doesn't sound good, assuming its true.

its all being said below me and on page 3 and its sad

@ioi: From the editorials running now, the throughput, the lulzy demands from the staff and the general attitude during my time as staff and right now, I'm leaning heavily toward Chris being bitter and unfocused, not the other way around.

Around the Network

Haha, I knew who posted this from the title, MM you really do like to highlight how 'bad' VGC with this and constant comparing to how 'amazing' GAF is. Anyway, where's the proof I'd like to ask? It's not like conversations like that can't be manipulated is it?

Like Brett said, he just seems incredibly bitter.

ioi said:
Xen said:
@ioi: From the editorials running now, the throughput, the lulzy demands from the staff and the general attitude during my time as staff and right now, I'm leaning heavily toward Chris being bitter and unfocused, not the other way around.

I don't really care to be honest.

Another bitter ex-staff member. You had your time writing but were replaced because the quality of your writing wasn't up to scratch. Again, I thanked you at the time for your output and again I thank you now for working hard and adding to the site but no need to be bitter about it - get over it.

I was replaced? There must be a nice memory disparity here - I quit myself because the environment became toxic and you demolished the news section by isolating it like that and shifitng focus from supply and demand to god knows what. If the staff forum thread is alive, then you can see it there (not that you care, though - I guess?)

I also don't remember users complaining my quality of writing too much - unless I deserved it. Frankly, I was mostly enjoyed.

Have a nice evening.

ioi said:
Xen said:

I was replaced? There must be a nice memory disparity here - I quit myself because the environment became toxic and you demolished the news section by isolating it like that and shifitng focus from supply and demand to god knows what. If the staff forum thread is alive, then you can see it there (not that you care, though - I guess?)

I also don't remember users complaining my quality of writing too much - unless I deserved it. Frankly, I was mostly enjoyed.

Have a nice evening.

I remember very clearly - a lot of your writing was heavily biased and poorly written - great for hits but not for a professional image. You were on the hit list when things were switched around and we had a drive to increase the quality of writing.

To be honest, the same goes for all ex staff members and even certain regulars who have this bitter and twisted attitude these days. If you don't like things around here then you know where the door is

And the writing here and now is devoid of bias and is as professional as ever then?

Gotcha.

The professionalism in this thread is mind-blowing. /s

"gaming journalism"

Looks like I found the problem.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype