By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Just Cause 2 might be PS3 exclusive!!!

Although its hard to believe that a multi platform game becomes a PS3 exclusive... atleast i have serious doubts but this is wot this site is saying....

I enjoyed Just Cause, the unappreciated South American-themed island game that focused on lush visuals and rural free-roaming action. Word has now arrived from Eidos that the sequel, currently titled Just Cause 2, is in development for the PlayStation 3.

The original title was one of many in the short glut of "next-gen" sandbox games in the vein of Grand Theft Auto that popped up in 2006, but had enough interesting mechanics to make it a worthwhile play. The sequel reportedly improves upon the unique aspects, involving more of the infamous grappling hook, high-flying action, base-jumping, and more, as well as a further refined engine pushing out even more spectacular jungle scenery.

The most noteworthy change is the omission of side-missions. The first game was host to a variety of small and somewhat inconsequential distractions that simply took up time. Developer Avalanche has nixed that idea, and is instead focusing on a more structured series of missions while still allowing the freedom to complete objectives at your own pace.

No other platforms nor a release date have been confirmed at this time, but Eidos' title may follow in the footsteps of its predecessor and be made available on a wide range of platforms.

Click here for the full story

So those who think it will become a PS3 exclusive raise their hands

Around the Network

Good for PS3 ehhh for me not interested in it.

Just Cause is meh

meh game

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

The only thing I remember seeing about the game was the bugs you could do with it like flying a plane underwater for example.

Around the Network

It was decent on the PS2 ... never played the 360 version though ... but as far as I remember it wasnt a killer ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well the recent screenshots look amazing.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

There was a just cause 1?

Good to hear sony is getting exclusives but this isnt what i had in mind.

I enjoyed Just Cause, although it had several flaw. First of all it had a very short main story and extremely repetitive side missions. Plus is was a mostly empty map, and all the villages were identical.

Anyway, when the game was announced it was announced for PS360 PC, this is not the announcement, it was announced a while back. According to IGN it is coming for 360 and PC as well