By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Star Wars Blu-Ray help ship PS3s?

Will Star Wars Blu-Ray help ship PS3s?

Sure it will - 100k boost! 11 12.22%

Maybe a 50k boost! 28 31.11%

Noooooooooooooooooo! 51 56.67%

Total:90
mantlepiecek said:
lol no.

that

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

Also, if you're deadset on taking CNet's side: check out this comparison chart: PS3 doesn't do too well on it.

your own link shows the ps3 won.

CNET's 2011 Blu-ray players chart Samsung BD-D6700 LG BD670 Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Sony BDP-S580 Toshiba BDX5200 Philips BDP5506 Oppo BDP-93 PS3 Slim          

CNET ratings                        

Design 6 8 8 7 6 6   8   Peach color indicates  

Features 9 9 9 8 6 6   9   reference players  

Performance 7 7 8 8 6 4   9        

Overall 7.6 8.0 8.4 7.8 6.0 5.2   8.7        

Price (as of 5/5) $210 $160 $155 $155 $140 $165 $500 $300        

You missed the point of the comparison. PS3 won on design and features, but when you look closer at the Blu-ray specific tests, PS3 is not doing too well in comparison to the other Blu-ray players.

Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

Also, if you're deadset on taking CNet's side: check out this comparison chart: PS3 doesn't do too well on it.

CNET's 2011 Blu-ray players chart Samsung BD-D6700 LG BD670 Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Sony BDP-S580 Toshiba BDX5200 Philips BDP5506 Oppo BDP-93 PS3 Slim          

CNET ratings                        

You missed the point of the comparison. PS3 won on design and features, but when you look closer at the Blu-ray specific tests, PS3 is not doing too well in comparison to the other Blu-ray players.

no, it also won performance. 

and it faired very well in most things. features, visuals, audio, etc.

face it, your wrong.  your own link show you that you wrong. cnets word> your word

osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

CNET ratings                        

face it, your wrong.  your own link show you that you wrong. cnets word> your word

LOL, again, I understand your brand loyalty, and I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad Blu-ray player (it's not bad at all) but it's NOT a high-end blu-ray player anno 2011 anymore. Do some research...

Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

CNET ratings                        

LOL, again, I understand your brand loyalty, and I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad Blu-ray player (it's not bad at all) but it's NOT a high-end blu-ray player anno 2011 anymore. Do some research...

wow, great comeback. Do some research? what, really?

i have thankyou, and when you did some of your own, you proved me right. your own link said so.

this has nothing to do with brand loyalty (there are tons of sony bluray players out there, that arent as good as other players, and i dont care) this has everything to do with facts.

you caim in here saying, saying people would watch it on a better bluray player, i said the ps3 is the better bluray player because it is, and unless you want to spend $600 or so bucks, it is the best.

it is you sir, that needs to do their research, the ps3 was a high end bluray player back in 2006, and still is in 2011.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

CNET ratings                        

i have thankyou, and when you did some of your own, you proved me right. your own link said so.

this has nothing to do with brand loyalty (there are tons of sony bluray players out there, that arent as good as other players, and i dont care) this has everything to do with facts.

you caim in here saying, saying people would watch it on a better bluray player, i said the ps3 is the better bluray player because it is, and unless you want to spend $600 or so bucks, it is the best.

it is you sir, that needs to do their research, the ps3 was a high end bluray player back in 2006, and still is in 2011.

I'll let you believe you're right. In the meanwhile, no self-respecting audio- and videophile watches Blu-rays on a (relative to high-end blu-ray players) slow, clunky and outdated PS3.

Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

CNET ratings                        

I'll let you believe you're right. In the meanwhile, no self-respecting audio- and videophile watches Blu-rays on a (relative to high-end blu-ray players) slow, clunky and outdated PS3.

soo... youre saying cnet.com is wrong? 

based on what, your word?

in the meantime, would you care to explain how the ps3 is "slow, clunky and outdated"

if you want the best (audio and viddeo philes do) you choose the ps3 or one that is 3x the cost

im begining to think, you know you are wrong, ut have gone to far and dont want to admit it.

like i said your own link prooved you wrong (which you are now convieniently ignoring)

Classic Star Wars on Blu-Ray, it might help.

osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

CNET ratings                        

in the meantime, would you care to explain how the ps3 is "slow, clunky and outdated"

if you want the best (audio and viddeo philes do) you choose the ps3 or one that is 3x the cost

im begining to think, you know you are wrong, ut have gone to far and dont want to admit it.

like i said your own link prooved you wrong (which you are now convieniently ignoring)

Don't just look at the arbitrary grades at the top, look at the raw data in that comparison: PS3 is slower on most aspects.

Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

Don't just look at the arbitrary grades at the top, look at the raw data in that comparison: PS3 is slower on most aspects.

so tell me again, how loading up a disc a few seconds slower effect the audio and visual quality of the player?

dude, your grasping at straws now.

loading discs a bit slower does not an outdated bluray player make