By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Star Wars Blu-Ray help ship PS3s?

Will Star Wars Blu-Ray help ship PS3s?

Sure it will - 100k boost! 11 12.22%

Maybe a 50k boost! 28 31.11%

Noooooooooooooooooo! 51 56.67%

Total:90
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

no, it also won performance. 

and it faired very well in most things. features, visuals, audio, etc.

face it, your wrong.  your own link show you that you wrong. cnets word> your word

LOL, again, I understand your brand loyalty, and I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad Blu-ray player (it's not bad at all) but it's NOT a high-end blu-ray player anno 2011 anymore. Do some research...

wow, great comeback. Do some research? what, really?

i have thankyou, and when you did some of your own, you proved me right. your own link said so.

this has nothing to do with brand loyalty (there are tons of sony bluray players out there, that arent as good as other players, and i dont care) this has everything to do with facts.

you caim in here saying, saying people would watch it on a better bluray player, i said the ps3 is the better bluray player because it is, and unless you want to spend $600 or so bucks, it is the best.

it is you sir, that needs to do their research, the ps3 was a high end bluray player back in 2006, and still is in 2011.

I'll let you believe you're right. In the meanwhile, no self-respecting audio- and videophile watches Blu-rays on a (relative to high-end blu-ray players) slow, clunky and outdated PS3.

soo... youre saying cnet.com is wrong? 

based on what, your word?

in the meantime, would you care to explain how the ps3 is "slow, clunky and outdated"

if you want the best (audio and viddeo philes do) you choose the ps3 or one that is 3x the cost

im begining to think, you know you are wrong, ut have gone to far and dont want to admit it.

like i said your own link prooved you wrong (which you are now convieniently ignoring)

Don't just look at the arbitrary grades at the top, look at the raw data in that comparison: PS3 is slower on most aspects.

so tell me again, how loading up a disc a few seconds slower effect the audio and visual quality of the player?

dude, your grasping at straws now.

loading discs a bit slower does not an outdated bluray player make

I consider myself an audio/videophile with 15k invested in a theater room, and I'm perfectly happy with using a ps3 as a blu-ray player. Speakers, amplifier and projector are where you want to spend the money. Gold plated HDMI cables and 700 dollar blu-ray players, no.

All video and audio from disc to amplifier/projector is digital now, the ps3 is more then capable of decompressing the video and DTS-HD MA without any problems. Disc load speed is hardly a problem, all the unskippable crap you have to sit through is far more annoying. If you know of a player that boots up instantly at the menu screen then I'm interested.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

face it, your wrong.  your own link show you that you wrong. cnets word> your word

LOL, again, I understand your brand loyalty, and I'm not saying the PS3 is a bad Blu-ray player (it's not bad at all) but it's NOT a high-end blu-ray player anno 2011 anymore. Do some research...

i have thankyou, and when you did some of your own, you proved me right. your own link said so.

this has nothing to do with brand loyalty (there are tons of sony bluray players out there, that arent as good as other players, and i dont care) this has everything to do with facts.

you caim in here saying, saying people would watch it on a better bluray player, i said the ps3 is the better bluray player because it is, and unless you want to spend $600 or so bucks, it is the best.

it is you sir, that needs to do their research, the ps3 was a high end bluray player back in 2006, and still is in 2011.

I'll let you believe you're right. In the meanwhile, no self-respecting audio- and videophile watches Blu-rays on a (relative to high-end blu-ray players) slow, clunky and outdated PS3.

in the meantime, would you care to explain how the ps3 is "slow, clunky and outdated"

if you want the best (audio and viddeo philes do) you choose the ps3 or one that is 3x the cost

im begining to think, you know you are wrong, ut have gone to far and dont want to admit it.

like i said your own link prooved you wrong (which you are now convieniently ignoring)

Don't just look at the arbitrary grades at the top, look at the raw data in that comparison: PS3 is slower on most aspects.

so tell me again, how loading up a disc a few seconds slower effect the audio and visual quality of the player?

I consider myself an audio/videophile with 15k invested in a theater room, and I'm perfectly happy with using a ps3 as a blu-ray player. Speakers, amplifier and projector are where you want to spend the money. Gold plated HDMI cables and 700 dollar blu-ray players, no.

All video and audio from disc to amplifier/projector is digital now, the ps3 is more then capable of decompressing the video and DTS-HD MA without any problems. Disc load speed is hardly a problem, all the unskippable crap you have to sit through is far more annoying. If you know of a player that boots up instantly at the menu screen then I'm interested.

thank you.

i got fooled into getting gold plated HDMI cables a few years back (monster HDMI cable) cost me $60 per 3-4ft of HDMI. but now i just buy the cheap $5 ones.

ive got my self a pretty decent mid-end speaker system, and what id like to think of as a pretty nice reciever (it better be, it cost around $500.

i know know that pretty much all HDMI cables are the same quality, but i still dont know if the same is true of speaker wire (being as speaker wire is analog and not digital, i would think that the is a vary range of spaeker wire). if have myself really nice (and somewhat expensive) thick speaker wire, that is rapped like in a spiral shape, helixacle, like DNA.

do you know if my speaker wire is any better than, say really cheap flimsy, thin speaker wire?

Yes. I believe there will be an impact.
Many Star Wars fans will be looking to buy their first Blu-Ray player. The PS3 is the best choice since its also a console.

osamanobama said:
SvennoJ said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:
osamanobama said:
Chrizum said:

thank you.

i got fooled into getting gold plated HDMI cables a few years back (monster HDMI cable) cost me $60 per 3-4ft of HDMI. but now i just buy the cheap $5 ones.

ive got my self a pretty decent mid-end speaker system, and what id like to think of as a pretty nice reciever (it better be, it cost around $500.

i know know that pretty much all HDMI cables are the same quality, but i still dont know if the same is true of speaker wire (being as speaker wire is analog and not digital, i would think that the is a vary range of spaeker wire). if have myself really nice (and somewhat expensive) thick speaker wire, that is rapped like in a spiral shape, helixacle, like DNA.

do you know if my speaker wire is any better than, say really cheap flimsy, thin speaker wire?

Yes, speaker wire makes a difference. The longer the cable, the thicker the wire you need. Wires that consist of lots of strands twisted together are most convenient imo. Easy to get a good connection to the amplifier and speaker terminals with simple screw down connectors.

The shape, color, plastic and all that doesn't matter, as long as the two twisted strands are insulated. Avoid running speaker wires alongside power cables, that can cause interference. I like to use the exact same speakers for all channels and make the wires for left/right pairs the same length. Just make sure not to tightly wind any left over wire or it will interfere with itself. Loose loops are fine.

You're probably fine with the wire you got. You don't really need to worry too much about the speaker wire until you get into $60.000 dollar a piece terminals and have incredible hearing, or need 50ft of speaker wire.

Much more important is to make sure your amp isn't (way) more powerful then your speakers and you don't mix up the +/- side of the wire.

axumblade said:
Not unless it's bundled with Star Wars and a game that Star Wars fans would be interested in....I think a Star Wars + Infamous 2 bundle would do nice. I'd say SW:FU or SW:FU2 but the first is too old and the second was too poorly received. Or perhaps a Lego Star Wars bundle with episodes 1-6 + Clone Wars. That would be nice for families...

That would have been sweet. Actually a bundle of SW: FU 1&2 as what they have done with Uncharted 1&2, bundled with the console would have been amazing.

Around the Network

I doubt it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)