By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you think the Driver:San Fransisco game for Wii did bad?

Tagged games:

That screenshot makes me laugh everytime I look at it

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Let's see... If I had to guess, I'd say there really isn't that much audience for games like this on the Wii. And whatever audience there is, most of that audience probably has an HD system as well. And, I suppose, people might not just know there's a Wii version. Personally, this thread is where I learned of this Wii version, and I consider myself better informed than the vast majority of gamers. (And no, forum users aren't the 'vast majority' I'm talking about)

TruckOSaurus said:

Because the Wii already has superior driving games like Cruisin'

That... looks like a PSP game. A very bad one at that.

didn't know it existed and I would rather buy it for an HD console

there was no coverage for the WIi version AT ALL. Which isnt shocking, but i dont even think they announced their would be a Wii version

I think the answer is in this thread.
Nobody knew it existed.

Around the Network

Are... are there videos of the Wii version?

Honestly

my mind is blown.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

spurgeonryan said:
Well now you all do , so hopefully 10 percent of you buy the game!

sorry, i have an HD console. Actually i have never been a Driver fan

spurgeonryan said:
Well now you all do , so hopefully 10 percent of you buy the game!

Well, now I know it exists and that is just an average game according to metacritic (only 3 reviews including a 4.5 from Nintendo Power), so I will pass. But thanks to this topic I was remembered to buy Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, is a good game that now is very cheap.

So thanks Gamerace.

The only other Wii game in my radar for the rest of the year are Xmen and Zelda, but will wait for reviews on the first one. I really wanted to play Xenoblade, but stupid NoA don't listen to the fans.

I think its partly because of demographic and partly because a lot of people expect the Wii version of multiplats to be rubbish.
I hardly see anyone caring about Driver any more though, so its not a huge loss for anyone. Personally, I think the game looks like Need for Speed mixed with Burnout and not like a Driver game at all, could not care less what fate befalls this title in any event.

It's a game we didn't really want. Not even the 360/PS3 people. Now it might be good, but the series good too burned by the reputation of a weak GTA clone. Plus the Wii audience got burned by years of either no versions of these kinds of games or the weaker versions.

You do the math.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs