By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop making threads about religious preaching and cultic crap?

Religion vs science makes about as much sense for a debate as Movies vs Music.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

well VGC is a mix'd bag so it was bound to happen not to mention we have a forum for it. its not that bad of an idea to have these discussion but like the voting threads on the games for each system and wht not: its cool but i'm tired of seeing them.

but the reason these threads get made is one the summer drought on VGC where theres no news on the usual suspect and 2 the parody thread which continues the discussion in different forms.

while you get tiered of seeing them they do help make the time you spend each day here on VGC'z less boring.

wht happened to all the creative threads made from an idea. VGC'z i'm afraid we have lost our way.

Runa216 said:
I think it's a bit funny to make a thread complaining about making threads.

and also about people complaing about making threads about complaining about making threads

Christians will always infect.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

PullusPardus said:
Runa216 said:
I think it's a bit funny to make a thread complaining about making threads.

and also about people complaing about making threads about complaining about making threads

and I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining about making threads about making threads.

Infinite loop initiated

your move, Runa

Around the Network

I have to agree, the op is not "making a fuss for nothing" I think he's pointing to the fact the almost every thread we have about religion vs. science or anything in that field turn into an absolute shitstorm, I for one think these threads shouldn't be made or atleast heavily moderated so people don't de-rail the thread or bash someone's belief(whether it's the op or the posters)

if these threads keep being made, I would alteast like people to show some tolerance/respect for other people ideas/beliefs. calling people names or making fun of their beliefs doesn;t make the situation better.

kitler53 said:

/thread 

AbbathTheGrim said:

And athiests, islams and whatever other religious groups are out there.

Extremists for anything are bad. It is certainly not just extremist Christians who are the problem.

kitler53 said:
RayCoone said:
For all of you, posting that we just shouldn't enter the threads: as PullusPardus already stated: the main page is overflooded. You can't look anywhere without at least reading the threads' names and that is already a bit annoying. At least that's how I feel about it. You could as well have one thread for all the discussion about god and stuff or the staff should really create an extra topic for it.

which is exactly why i posted a picture showing you how to make use of VGC's filter option.  you'll never have to so much as read the thread's name as to you it will be filtered out.  it will be almost as if the thread never existed.

Why, thank you! Since I'm a woman I would have never know if you hadn't told me! 
Oh, I just notice there is - as already stated!! - no "Religious Discussions" button! Dear me!! Fail. 

And to quit surfing the Off-Topic section or parts of it, just because of people discussing the same thing over and over again just with a little difference in the statement: why should I? 

AbbathTheGrim said:

You lump together all Christians as though they're all the same, when there is actually a considerably vast diversity among them. Most Christians (American ones) are not Christian, they are conservative and use the bible to justify war (the same bible which praises peaceful ways, and understanding, on almost every page); these people are really just fans of Christ; like it is their favourite boxing champion. Atheists, on the other hand, are mostly worse than the American fans of Christ, because they never cease to try and push their beliefs down everybodies throats, and they usually blanket critisize religion based on the doings of a few fans of the religion who do not really follow the religion.

A Republican or a Tea Bagger in the US cannot be a Christian, as the beliefs of these two political parties are in direct violation of most of what is written in the bible. In Europe, we have similar political parties, and very similar false Christians, but the US is on a whole different level. The warlike and greedy ways of the Republican and Tea Bag party are more or less described in the bible as the way of the Antichrist.

True Christians preach not Christ - but rather the way of Christ - peace, generosity, and love. 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.