By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30
spurgeonryan said:
Mad Max finally crossed 150 million in the states! With overseas included I am still unsure of why the greenlit a sequel so fast.

JW will struggle to pass The AVengers.

Selfless is yet another bomb from whoever this guy is. I am already forgetting his name. Deadpool will revive him a bit.

they greenlit a sequel?

Around the Network

Box office mojo finally has the same world wide numbers as the numbers.com for Furious 7. With tomorrows numbers Minions will be slightly ahead of Inside Out world wide. Might only take two more days for Jurassic World to pass $600 million domestic. Which would mean it did it 19 days faster then the first Avengers movie and 12 days faster then Avatar.

Chris Hu said:
Box office mojo finally has the same world wide numbers as the numbers.com for Furious 7. With tomorrows numbers Minions will be slightly ahead of Inside Out world wide. Might only take two more days for Jurassic World to pass $600 million domestic. Which would mean it did it 19 days faster then the first Avengers movie and 12 days faster then Avatar.

They say Tuesday was out of the ordinary in terms of movigoers specially in Canada so the increase on Tuesday was inflated. Hopefully it wasn't and movies will decrease normally today until the weekends because if it really was inflated then the drop today(wednesday) will be steep. Meaning, JW won't reach $600 until friday.

Is Terminator Genisys hitting theaters in China? If so,when?

Proud to be a Californian.

spurgeonryan said:
bananaking21 said:

they greenlit a sequel?

I heard about it a while back. Somone was impressed with its opening weekend. Could be wrong though.

that would be awesome. mad max was such an awesome movie. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Disgusting that Furious 7 ended up the #3 movie of all time.  Apalling.  

I know Jurassic World will beat it, but that's not much of an assurance when it's still gonna be #4, besting The Avengers at number 5. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Chris Hu said:

I know Jurassic World will beat it, but that's not much of an assurance when it's still gonna be #4, besting The Avengers at number 5. 

JW will beat F7 and will be #3 pretty soon. Probably next week or before it opens in Japan.

Runa216 said:
Chris Hu said:

Well both box office mojo and the Numbers.com now use old numbers for Furious 7 which only have it at $1.511 billion world wide.  I guess we have to wait until after September 15 when it gets released on Blu ray to get the final correct numbers.

Jurassic World

Domestic: $599,773,835
International: $890,588,740

WW total: $1,490,362,575

As of thursday this week. 

It will go past 600m domestically, surpass 900m internationally, surpass 1.5b worldwide, and beat Furious 7's WW gross and probably even The Avengers' WW gross after this weekend. Wow!

Next stop is Titanic's unadjusted domestic gross.

darkenergy said:
Is Terminator Genisys hitting theaters in China? If so,when?

Looks like I answered my own question, the good news that it will be played in China but the bad news is that it will have to wait at least a month before it hits theaters.

Proud to be a Californian.