By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Famitsu had a sneak peak at Nintendo 3DS peripheral (dual analog)

Smeags said:

Monster Hunter 3G is also confirmed:

As for the extra slide pad add-on... huh? (Guess we're waiting until the 13th to actually know what's going on)

*sigh* I've avoided posting lately but it seems no one else is doing it so I will...

I love Tri, I love the water battles, the second analog is obviously for said water battles, thus I'll get both and not really worried about some redesign or how the attachment messes with the 3DS' feng shui, just really glad to have a portable version confirmed that will actually have all of the Wii content, and if games choose to support the attachment later, woohoo for me I'll have one, if not I won't feel betrayed one way or the other, just sounds like everyone getting in a huff over nothing as per usual... if there's a remodel, if it comes on an XL 3DS I say bring it on, it'll be a year probably year and a half since the original model, I'll upgrade and nothing to feel betrayed about >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Just to add...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

That add-on is one of the ugliest things I've seen, it looks bulky and it makes the lower half of the 3DS look unnaturaly large.

Still, it is hilarious watching Nintendo completely mess up their handheld line: they thought they could push the 3D onto us, and are now failing badly, and to add to that, to appease to 3rd parties so they release more games on their system, they release this terrible peripheral. And unlike what some might believe, why would this be limited to MH3G? We all know how 3rd parties love to port their games on anything possible, so if this add-on replicates a 360/PS3 controller, why wouldn't they do it? Now we just have to wait for their conference to get the details.

Damn, I need to find those 01net articles again. The first one turned out completely true, now I'm waiting for the realisation of the other ones. It's going to be brilliant.

Phoeniks.Wright said:
That add-on is one of the ugliest things I've seen, it looks bulky and it makes the lower half of the 3DS look unnaturaly large.

Still, it is hilarious watching Nintendo completely mess up their handheld line: they thought they could push the 3D onto us, and are now failing badly, and to add to that, to appease to 3rd parties so they release more games on their system, they release this terrible peripheral. And unlike what some might believe, why would this be limited to MH3G? We all know how 3rd parties love to port their games on anything possible, so if this add-on replicates a 360/PS3 controller, why wouldn't they do it? Now we just have to wait for their conference to get the details.

Damn, I need to find those 01net articles again. The first one turned out completely true, now I'm waiting for the realisation of the other ones. It's going to be brilliant.

Ok, so I guess you have only played try at the best right?... Ugly, sure, but if you check the previous games this new monster is in line with the other monsters... mess up their handheld line?... MK7, mario 3ds land, MH and Izunama eleven go this year, and everything goes to money... nintendo is going to swim in money again...

Menx64

This is madness. When the rumour originally appeared, there was no mention of a cradle. The way it read was as if it was just one of these that you would stick on the exterior of the console. That's why I was so sceptical, because how the hell would that work.

It didn't even enter my mind that there'd be some massive thing they'd have you use as a part, because I thought that would be crazy...

VGChartz

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
LOL so this is confirmed now? :D oh man this is too good

1. this is gonna do wonders for the battery
2. need to pull up that 01net thread, so much crow
3. I think this pretty much confirms a redesign with dual nubs coming up, a big F U to early buyers
4. on a bright note this might lead to more real old games being given out for free..or maybe that part was already included in the previous ambassador program
5. I can't wait to see the 'omfg sony the copiez' people come out and talk about this. You think such accusations are bad when a similar product comes out towards the end of the gen? Try within 6 months of launch

on a serious note I hope this is just for MH3DS and not leading up to a redesign..or quite a few early buyers are gonna be so pissed and I won't blame em

yes if they included a battery in there it would do wonders for battery life good point

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Damn, it's like Sega Genesis all over again.
I bet that next time they'll invent something that will act as a dongle in cartridge port that will let us play specific titles (maybe even BC with GBA, if that makes any sense).

I'm both pissed and relieved.

I'm pissed that this upgrade will be made at all. Its bulky and unattractive, the analog stick is way to high and too close to the face buttons to be of much use. The second R button sounds pretty cool but with the bulk of the add on I think it will feel unnatural. I'm guessing one of Nintendo's prototypes had two analog sticks and a second R trigger. Nintendo probably tossed the design to go with the 3DS we know today. They are simply going back and taking back that design.

I'm relieved that this isn't an entirely new model coming out this winter or early next year. Though I think it does confirm the next model will include a second joy stick as well as a second R trigger. At least this way they are giving early adopters a way to play the new games in the meantime preparing the next model.

In the end I am regretting my purchase. If I had known Nintendo would launch a new model in 2012 which is almost undeniable. Then I would not have bought the origional. I just hope that this accessory comes free with every game that uses it. That way it won't cost us early adopters any more cash until the next model comes out!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

menx64 said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:

Ok, so I guess you have only played try at the best right?... Ugly, sure, but if you check the previous games this new monster is in line with the other monsters... mess up their handheld line?... MK7, mario 3ds land, MH and Izunama eleven go this year, and everything goes to money... nintendo is going to swim in money again...

@underlined: I'm sorry,  but I really have no idea what you're trying to say here.

@bolded: Yeah, the sales show it. As for those games, MH and Izunama eleven are only big in Japan, and even so, only MH has a small chance of turning things around but that's it. Mario 3DS land as a killer app is a joke, without going into too much detail, it's a weird bastard child between 2D and 3D mario and it ends up being a game that neither 3D mario fans want, nor the 2D ones. MK might have a chance, but looking at the videos shown so far, it seems doubtful. So, since they don't have a killer app for christmas, they are not going to be swimming in money any time soon.

Phoeniks.Wright said:
menx64 said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:

@underlined: I'm sorry,  but I really have no idea what you're trying to say here.

@bolded: Yeah, the sales show it. As for those games, MH and Izunama eleven are only big in Japan, and even so, only MH has a small chance of turning things around but that's it. Mario 3DS land as a killer app is a joke, without going into too much detail, it's a weird bastard child between 2D and 3D mario and it ends up being a game that neither 3D mario fans want, nor the 2D ones. MK might have a chance, but looking at the videos shown so far, it seems doubtful. So, since they don't have a killer app for christmas, they are not going to be swimming in money any time soon.

yeah, it is a little bit late here...  sorry I thought you were refering to the design of the monster, not the add-on... in which case I agree, it looks bad.

The second part though, I think all those games are system sellers, maybe Inazuma is not that big yet, but it will, MH is huge, and if I go with what I have read (I have yet to play the game) the game is just as good as always... mario 3ds land is a wild card... it might be huge, it might not, but given the fact that mario galaxy sold more than a million and mario galaxy almost a million in japan, the game has great chances to become a hit... 

Menx64