By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X Requires a consistent Internet Connection, Only the 1st few hours can be played offline.

Dragon Quest X requires consistent internet connection… for the most part
First few hours can be played offline.
9.05.11 / 13:15 / Sal Romano

During Dragon Quest X‘s announcement press conference in Tokyo this morning, producer Yosuke Saito noted that you’d be able to clear the game 100 percent on your own, without the help of other players. Though, that doesn’t mean you can play the entire game offline.

According to the official Dragon Quest X FAQ over at Square Enix support, the Wii / Wii U sequel requires a consistent internet connection… for the most part.

“When you start the game, the first few hours can be played offline,” reads the FAQ. “To play all of the game you will require an internet connection.”

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online is scheduled to release on Wii in 2012 with a Wii U release TBA.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Around the Network

This pretty much confirms DQX will have usage fees. Theres no other reason why the whole game would have to played online.

Plain stupid, IMO.

I dont think it's dumb I actually think it would be interesting... just what happens if your internet connect dies?

What's the reasoning though??

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:

I just answered that in my second post

Xxain said:
blkfish92 said:

Ya, but is that what they confirmed or is that your assumption?

more reason to get ninokuni over this.

Xxain said:
This pretty much confirms DQX will have usage fees. Theres no other reason why the whole game would have to played online.

Monthly fees probably for Japan.  However, I highly doubt there will be a monthly fee for Europe/Americas.   I suspect this considering MH3 case.  MH3 had a monthly fee in Japan (where it was already popular) but not for any other region. 

blkfish92 said:
Xxain said:
blkfish92 said:

Ya, but is that what they confirmed or is that your assumption?

There a lots in life when you dont need a confirmation. This is called deductive reasoning, There a few exceptions but usually there is only 1 reason why your forced to be online. Couple this with multiple rumors from different all saying the same thing, usage fee was actually listed there powerpoint showing, and this Square Enix. The hints are all there now put them together.