By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

souixan said:
windbane said:
Heh, well if you didn't like 10 then I don't know what to tell you. What kind of RPGs do you like?

Breath of Fire 1-3 & 5, Final Fantasy 1-6 , Baiten kaitos, Lunar, Pokemon, Shadow hearts 1, Wild arms 1 & 2 things of that nature ^^;

Interesting.  I liked Wild Arms as well, but would not place it above FF games.  What about 7-12 don't you like?  FF1 (I have not played 2-4 yet) didn't exactly have a lot of story elements.  Are the new ones just too easy for you, because I noticed FF1 required a lot of walking back and forth to level up to survive the next area (there are only so many potions you can carry).   

Around the Network
jmcoo7 said:

Nothing new there , was only meant to be three ps3 games on FFXIII theme , the main game is still ps3 exclusive im afraid i havent bought any of the side games from SE sadly .

Maybe you shuld take a cold shower and calm down lol

Didn't Sony say that the Main game was not confirmed as Exclusive yet and that they were discussing it with SE?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Hus said:

good old ignorant fud.

F13 - PS3

F13 Versus  - PS3

F13 whatever - Cell phone.

F13 mmo - unreal engine Pc/PS3/360 possible

F13 - Wii ? (might as well make it official)

F13 - unreal engine 360/PS3/PC possible

I'm glad square is supporting all the systems, but the way they are starting to milk the FF franchise is getting rediculous.  6 games!? 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

mrstickball said:

.....As long as one FFXIII game comes to 360 I'm happy :)

Whats so wrong about FFXII's battle system? After years of sucky "turn based" modes for FFVIII through X-2 they finally got it right with a great system in XII.

If you prefer the old turn-based system, just go get Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon.

Well I have never played a Final fantasy game (am I going to be killed now?) but I do love turnbased battle. But of course I am an turnbased strategy game lover, which might inflict some damage on other games too.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

vanguardian1 said:
mrstickball said:

.....As long as one FFXIII game comes to 360 I'm happy :)

Whats so wrong about FFXII's battle system? After years of sucky "turn based" modes for FFVIII through X-2 they finally got it right with a great system in XII.

If you prefer the old turn-based system, just go get Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon.

I thought the "Gambit" battle engine was a POS myself, one of the worst RPG battle engines I've ever used. >:(

After beating it, I was more than happy to trade in FFXII towards Baten Kaitos Origins, even with a $24 loss.  Lousy characters and soundtrack didn't help much either. 

Sorry to be OT here but is Baten Kaitos Origins as good as the first game? I have some small plans to try to import it from USA and buy myself a free loader.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Thats cool that Nintendo would get some Square love...The main game on PS3..some other FFXIII on Nintendo would be cool best of both worlds really. You get the chance to play the main game that pushes the High end Graphics and capacity and more complex story for the PS3...and Nintendo (finaly) gets some Final Fantasy love again and they can toy around with the Wii remote interaction and some more cartoony characters (which i for one like FFVII style). I hope they both offer very different experiences. What both Nintendo and Sony have done with Square over the years it would be nice to see both get some Exclusive games. The only thing I want to know is why so many Final Fantasy XIII's i thought FFXIII and FFXIII versus was a bit lame but it seems there are going to be 5 or so games carring the FFXIII? Are any of them directly related (storyline)? 

Just as a side note This is not bad news for PS3 owners. I could care less about the other FFXIII games going on other systems I might even get 1 or 2 on the Wii if they are cool. I also plan on buying the PS3 Mian game and if the Vesus game is good i'll pick it up. If they give the 360 a FFXIII i don't mind that either. I just hope its not the main game. I want the FFXIII to Push the PS3 in terms of maxing what developers can do for it right now. I would loose alot of intrest if they announced the main FFXIII on 360 also..(not because i hate the 360)...only because a Multi plat game will only do what the weaker console can do (not knocking the 360 just doesn't have the potential PS3 hardware has). We should all focus on the reasons of whats good about every console. Too many posts are about the death of a system... why ___ system is better. ____ system is for Kids._____ system has no good games..I myself like games I couldn't care less who makes the consoles who play them..hell I still miss Sega's console days.I would rather never see another console die again. Maybe a little more love we could avoid putting some misleading articles as Wii FFXIII project likley would be more positive for Wii and less Sony negative its also a bit more "honest" 

windbane said:

Did you even read what the poster said? The main game (and versus) is still PS3 exclusive. I know it's nice to be right but nothing has changed at this point. Which will lead me to my next post...

Well, I guess I'm just reading between the lines. I see Square-Enix subtly easing out the door on Sony doing it sort of how CBS did Don Imus (thankfully). They "suspended him for two weeks" and then not to long after suspended him indefinitely AKA fired him. This is how companies do business most of the time. They always do things indirectly like that. People have made this point about Sony and Ken Kutaragi where he was 'promoted' to get him out of the way. Legend has it that that is standard Japanese business procedure, the shame-based society it is and all.

Sometimes a statement says more than it intended to say. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. (who came up with that ridiculous metaphor anyhow? shoes?!)

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

windbane said:
souixan said:
windbane said:
Heh, well if you didn't like 10 then I don't know what to tell you. What kind of RPGs do you like?

Breath of Fire 1-3 & 5, Final Fantasy 1-6 , Baiten kaitos, Lunar, Pokemon, Shadow hearts 1, Wild arms 1 & 2 things of that nature ^^;

Interesting. I liked Wild Arms as well, but would not place it above FF games. What about 7-12 don't you like? FF1 (I have not played 2-4 yet) didn't exactly have a lot of story elements. Are the new ones just too easy for you, because I noticed FF1 required a lot of walking back and forth to level up to survive the next area (there are only so many potions you can carry).

I mostly only did 1-6 as a quick example I found 7 OK, 8... just uck, 9 I enjoyed, 10 was okay for a while but I lost interest really fast X-2 was just blah... XI was fun but a little too addictive and time consuming XII was -ok- but I found myself bored of it long before finishing. I also like many of the oter  spin offs, Tactics, Mystic quest etc.

I don't think it's that  they're easy.. I just feel like they're missing something I can't put my finger on it's that little something intangible..

johnlucas said:
windbane said:

Did you even read what the poster said? The main game (and versus) is still PS3 exclusive. I know it's nice to be right but nothing has changed at this point. Which will lead me to my next post...

Well, I guess I'm just reading between the lines. I see Square-Enix subtly easing out the door on Sony doing it sort of how CBS did Don Imus (thankfully). They "suspended him for two weeks" and then not to long after suspended him indefinitely AKA fired him. This is how companies do business most of the time. They always do things indirectly like that. People have made this point about Sony and Ken Kutaragi where he was 'promoted' to get him out of the way. Legend has it that that is standard Japanese business procedure, the shame-based society it is and all.

Sometimes a statement says more than it intended to say. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. (who came up with that ridiculous metaphor anyhow? shoes?!)

John Lucas

John Lucas - first, learn to remove the frames, it's not hard. Second. I was gonna write this eloberate thing about how I havent read a whole post you've wrote... since... well... about 2 days after you started posting. Third. Suspended indefinatly translates into. Paid vacation. A very long paid vacation. Fourth. I would call you some something related to something I am talking about. (This is very vague it could mean almost anything) Fifth. Your crazy.

Windbane - 10 F*king sucked. 9 was a MUCH better game. 10 was like walking down a path to the end of the game... wait... wait... that's exactly what you did.
Souxian - 6 was the best FF of all time, I think 4 was amazing too. I loved 9. It was just fun... It didnt seem 'real' at all. 7, 8, 10, 11, 12. They all aim to be 'real' I never really liked that. 8 is the worst final fantasy. 1 reason. Squallbag. Otherwise it could've been quite a bit better than 10. 7 was a really good one, but I didnt connect with it. The art style... was too early for it's time, and I think it hurt the game more than it helped it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Well, I guess even general Final Fantasy fans have their own tastes.  I think 6, 7, and 10 are generally considered the best, but obviously to each his or her own.  I personally liked 8, but I know some people didn't.

I think the console war will be interesting either way, but FF13 on xbox isn't a given, especially considering the Japanese installed base for the 360 and the fact that most US xbox owners probably didn't expect it to go there and might not be planning to buy it anyway.  I know a lot of 360 fans that like mainly sports games and halo.  Maybe that's just me.

But hey, johnlucas, you just keep right on hoping for your evidence to prove yourself right, it's ok =)