By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

I felt the gambit system was far too cumbersome. But the brilliant thing about the battle system in XII is that you don't have to use gambits much at all. I didn't upgrade anyone's gambits the entire game and i beat it and had a blast doing it. I think Square's definitely on the right track when it comes to FF battle systems. Hopefully XIII is a bit more refined, but I don't think XII's was bad by any means.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
johnlucas said:

I knew it. I knew it. It begins.

Now with that being said, get ready for this:

Controversy!! Metal Gear Solid 4 will NOT go to the Playstation3

http://www.popzart.com/?page=view&topic=267

It's a loooooooooooong time before here and the end of the year. Things CHANGE quickly in this biz.

Money Talks and "Brown Stuff" Walks. Always has, always will.

I know I put up that link a lot when talking about developments like these but I'm preparing people for the inevitable. You have to look at history and recognize the parallels. Sony has really made some bad moves in the execution of this project and the results are going to show over the lifespan of the system.

I wish it wasn't this way but they're gonna have to do something before it's too late if that hasn't already passed. The market may be expanding but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going Sony's way.

The writing was on the wall with November 2006's WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 skipping the PS3 for PS2, PSP, and breaking exclusivity for first time to go to 7th gen counterpart the XBox 360 last year. It was then and there that I knew smoke led to a fire. I used to be a wrestling fan, what can I say?

John Lucas

Did you even read what the poster said?  The main game (and versus) is still PS3 exclusive.  I know it's nice to be right but nothing has changed at this point.  Which will lead me to my next post...

gamingdevil said:

Yup, thats right.. most people could see that coming but NOT Sony fanboys. Here you go folks, the final blow:

Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

The FFXIII project, Fabula Nove Crystallis, currently consists of two PS3s games and a mobile one, but with a planned six titles in total, Square Enix's Motomu Toriyama has confirmed that other formats will be getting FFXIII games.

Which do you think is more likely, a DS or Wii version?

I think how you presented this is stupid. 6 games in total, 2 are already exlusive to the PS3 and 1 to mobile phones (is this a big deal? should we debate the rise of cell phone gaming?!). Until we know what games will be going to what this doesn't say anything. Most likely this means spinoffs for the Wii or DS (or what, it could also be a PSP game or 2, duh). FF13 (THE MAIN GAME) will certainly not be on the Wii but could be on the 360 which would make things interesting. Until then, though, what you have said doesn't say much yet.

Anti-sony people sure want to be right about this, don't they?

good old ignorant fud.

F13 - PS3

F13 Versus  - PS3

F13 whatever - Cell phone.

F13 mmo - unreal engine Pc/PS3/360 possible

F13 - Wii ? (might as well make it official)

F13 - unreal engine 360/PS3/PC possible

jmcoo7 said:
Yeah i think they weill gradually ruin it , sales will slip and slip in the main games and the other games wont make up for it .

All I'm gonna say is I think it already has, I own EVERY iteration and remake some in Japanese and English From 1-12 I skipped dirge of cerberus because it was crap(yeah my friend owns it)

After the dissapointment that was FF12(All the crap from FF11 with none of the fun community crap to back it up) I am -done- I was a HUGE Final Fantasy fan between that and Zelda I could give up any other series. Sure I like a lot of other games but those were my big two that if it was between games they'd always take precedence. Final Fantasy(to me) has started losing it's way since VII, it's just not the same it lost it's magic. I'm not buying 13 or any of the spin offs or the new FF12 spin off...

Around the Network
Hus said:

good old ignorant fud.

F13 - PS3

F13 Versus - PS3

F13 whatever - Cell phone.

F13 mmo - unreal engine Pc/PS3/360 possible

F13 - Wii ? (might as well make it official)

F13 - unreal engine 360/PS3/PC possible

Well, I hope you are wrong there because I certainly don't want another FF MMO right now. If they re-released 11 fo the PS3 then I'd finally try it. I wasn't going to play that on the PC, I certainly wasn't going to buy the PS2 HD for it, and I'm not going to play many MMOs anymore anyway. Also, it should have been called Final Fantasy Online and not 11.

Also, I'd like to see another PSP game other than Crisis Core which I also look forward to.

souixan said:
jmcoo7 said:
Yeah i think they weill gradually ruin it , sales will slip and slip in the main games and the other games wont make up for it .

All I'm gonna say is I think it already has, I own EVERY iteration and remake some in Japanese and English From 1-12 I skipped dirge of cerberus because it was crap(yeah my friend owns it)

After the dissapointment that was FF12(All the crap from FF11 with none of the fun community crap to back it up) I am -done- I was a HUGE Final Fantasy fan between that and Zelda I could give up any other series. Sure I like a lot of other games but those were my big two that if it was between games they'd always take precedence. Final Fantasy(to me) has started losing it's way since VII, it's just not the same it lost it's magic. I'm not buying 13 or any of the spin offs or the new FF12 spin off...

A lot of people said the same thing about 8 or 9, that the series was going the wrong direction. Some didn't like 8 so they did 9, then some didn't like 9. Despite this, both got great ratings, I personally really liked 8 (didn't play 9, 11, or 12 yet). Then, X is probably the best out of them all (some will debate 7 or 6, but small details).

12 also got great ratings but the difference for 13 is it's going to be on the PS3. 10 was great and it was the first on the PS2. 7 was great and it was the first on PS1. Trend? We'll see, but I think you should give it a shot.

windbane said:
souixan said:
jmcoo7 said:

A lot of people said the same thing about 8 or 9, that the series was going the wrong direction. Some didn't like 8 so they did 9, then some didn't like 9. Despite this, both got great ratings, I personally really liked 8 (didn't play 9, 11, or 12 yet). Then, X is probably the best out of them all (some will debate 7 or 6, but small details).

12 also got great ratings but the difference for 13 is it's going to be on the PS3. 10 was great and it was the first on the PS2. 7 was great and it was the first on PS1. Trend? We'll see, but I think you should give it a shot.

See I completly disagree I HATED X and X-2 I had to force myself to finish VIII >.< And VII was good but gave me a bad feeling for the future. 

I wanted to like most of them including XII but I was unable too.. so I looked past it and tried to forget them but it's becoming apparant to me the direction it's going is not one  I enjoy. After seeing SS's for 13 I'm just not interested... after hearing the mild stuff floating around about it I lost even more interest. 60$ is a lot of money to blow on a chance^^; and it may even cost more then that who knows. 

Heh, well if you didn't like 10 then I don't know what to tell you.  What kind of RPGs do you like?

windbane said:
Heh, well if you didn't like 10 then I don't know what to tell you. What kind of RPGs do you like?

Breath of Fire 1-3 & 5, Final Fantasy 1-6 , Baiten kaitos, Lunar,  Pokemon, Shadow hearts 1, Wild arms 1 & 2 things of that nature ^^;