By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Project Not PS3 Exclusive!

kber81 said:
MGS4 is confirmed PS3 exclusive.

Don't know but I know that Lucas like to dream...

Can somebody change the title to: SE finally gives everybody a damn side quest so that if you like FF you need all consols!

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network
robjoh said:

Don't know but I know that Lucas like to dream...

Can somebody change the title to: SE finally gives everybody a damn side quest so that if you like FF you need all consols!

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=108194

Well said. Damn side quest... yes, there is also Assassin Creed for DS... I think it's over for PS3

EDIT: There should be some restriction regards all these misinforming titles of threads. 

jmcoo7 said:

I have a ps3 and a Wii i will not be buying any FF games on the Wii plain and simple it isnt up to the job , would maybe consider buying a remake of FFVii on it but i expect that will go to the ps3 . Ah well it may be news but hardly big news just my opinion , if however the main game was to change , which i doubt , that would be BIG news .

Well SE are releasing a whole load of FF games over the next year or so.  FFVII is being released as Crisis Core on the PSP, it looks great by the way and has been in development for over 2 years now and isn't expected until August 2007 in JP.

So far the games I know about that are in development (please add if you know more):

PS3

FF XIII - 2008

FF XIII Versus - 2009

DS

FF Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates - 2007

FF XII Revenant Wings - 2007

FF Tactics A2 : The Sealed Grimoire - 2007

Wii 

FF Crystal Chronicles : Crystal Bearers - 2007

PSP 

FF VII Crisis Core - 2007

FF 20th Anniversary (FF I & FF II) - 2007

FF Tactics : The Lion War - 2007

Normally, these games takes years to develop, so even if FFXIII games are announced for other platforms, they are likely to take until the end of next year or later to be published.  In effect, the games announced so far have the head start. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

.....As long as one FFXIII game comes to 360 I'm happy :)

Whats so wrong about FFXII's battle system? After years of sucky "turn based" modes for FFVIII through X-2 they finally got it right with a great system in XII.

If you prefer the old turn-based system, just go get Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Surely Sony would have agreements with some of the developers for creating a specific game for the PS3 first and foremost...then after release allowing for multiple platforms? 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
davygee said:
jmcoo7 said:

I have a ps3 and a Wii i will not be buying any FF games on the Wii plain and simple it isnt up to the job , would maybe consider buying a remake of FFVii on it but i expect that will go to the ps3 . Ah well it may be news but hardly big news just my opinion , if however the main game was to change , which i doubt , that would be BIG news .

Well SE are releasing a whole load of FF games over the next year or so.  FFVII is being released as Crisis Core on the PSP, it looks great by the way and has been in development for over 2 years now and isn't expected until August 2007 in JP.

So far the games I know about that are in development (please add if you know more):

PS3

FF XIII - 2008

FF XIII Versus - 2009

DS

FF Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates - 2007

FF XII Revenant Wings - 2007

FF Tactics A2 : The Sealed Grimoire - 2007

Wii 

FF Crystal Chronicles : Crystal Bearers - 2007

PSP 

FF VII Crisis Core - 2007

FF 20th Anniversary (FF I & FF II) - 2007

FF Tactics : The Lion War - 2007

Normally, these games takes years to develop, so even if FFXIII games are announced for other platforms, they are likely to take until the end of next year or later to be published.  In effect, the games announced so far have the head start. 

Maybe there will be some DS side quests as FFXII Revenant Wings ,or maybe even a Wii or PSP title ,but for the moment being the main FFXIII games are PS3 exclusive .The only thing in the future half interesting as news would be FFXIII Haeresis ,wich name was registered recently ,that one could be a multiplattform PS3-PC-X360 maybe .

Predicting the future:

By October the main FF13 game is announced for wii

gamingdevil said:
jmcoo7 said:

Nothing new there , was only meant to be three ps3 games on FFXIII theme , the main game is still ps3 exclusive im afraid i havent bought any of the side games from SE sadly .

Maybe you shuld take a cold shower and calm down lol

Calm down? I would NEVER buy a FF again even on Wii just because of this AWFUL new battle system. I just stated a fact. And sorry, it IS news. We didn't knew that they were gonna release other spin-offs on other platforms. I see a Wii one, a PSP, and a DS one (or a PS2)

Should have been expected they announced 5 games were supposed to be apart of the series and hinted at the games being multi. I would not be surprised if versus was going to the 360 as well.

Edit: might be 6 games broke down like this, 1 on the PS3, one the PSP, one on the 360, 2 on the Wii, one on the DS and one multiplatform.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

jmcoo7 said:
gamingdevil said:
jmcoo7 said:

Nothing new there , was only meant to be three ps3 games on FFXIII theme , the main game is still ps3 exclusive im afraid i havent bought any of the side games from SE sadly .

Maybe you shuld take a cold shower and calm down lol

Calm down? I would NEVER buy a FF again even on Wii just because of this AWFUL new battle system. I just stated a fact. And sorry, it IS news. We didn't knew that they were gonna release other spin-offs on other platforms. I see a Wii one, a PSP, and a DS one (or a PS2)

Except for the fact that the White engine the game uses was originally designed for the PS2. This doesn't mean the game will be ported to the Wii, but it does mean the Wii can handle games using that engine.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

mrstickball said:

.....As long as one FFXIII game comes to 360 I'm happy :)

Whats so wrong about FFXII's battle system? After years of sucky "turn based" modes for FFVIII through X-2 they finally got it right with a great system in XII.

If you prefer the old turn-based system, just go get Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon.

I thought the "Gambit" battle engine was a POS myself, one of the worst RPG battle engines I've ever used. >:(

After beating it, I was more than happy to trade in FFXII towards Baten Kaitos Origins, even with a $24 loss.  Lousy characters and soundtrack didn't help much either. 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.