By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - August 27, 2011

good for Deus Ex, Uncharted 2 you just wont go away?? You deserve, i think im going to play some right now, i havent touched the game in months, 3DS and PS3 on top, thats what i like to see

Around the Network
thehusbo said:
Very nice sales for ps3. Also good to see uncharted 2 in the top 40, such a great game. i believe infamous 2 is undertracked by quite a bit also.

well, the PSN version has at least 16,000 thousand sold. I'll have to check it again

Jay520 said:
Deus Ex had an excellent openning. It should be able to do over 3 million with DD sales included. It had some pretty moderate ads where I live, but nothing substantial. It sold mainly on it's own quality. I hope to see more games in the future follow this trend.

PS3 had a pretty good week. It's actually more than I expected considering the size of the cut.

One has to wonder will this $50 cut be enough to counter sales of last year. Last year, the PS3 had GT5 & Move. GT5 didn't push much besides the first few weeks, but, believe it or not, Move was actually pretty significant. The PS3 managed to do +200k every week on the release of Move.

One has to wonder will this cut last long enough to counter what PS3 had last year?.

Too bad VGC doesn't allow us to see more than 40 games. I wanted to see if any more games, besides inFamous 2 & Uncharted 2, had any boost.

Move gave a nice boost last year but it wasn't as much as what you might think. Its launch just happened to coincide with the period where sales start to pick up, basically alongside the PES and FIFA launches. To get a good barometer look back at the FIFA launches in 2007 and 2008. Even without Move I would have expected PS3 to do around 170k-190k around then last year. I would expect sales to be around 250k-275k around the start of October.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Nintendogamer said:
Wii looks way over tracked to me somehow, other numbers seem ok.

>__>...you must be joking

Mordred11 said:
Nintendogamer said:
Wii looks way over tracked to me somehow, other numbers seem ok.

>__>...you must be joking

What do you think? I meant LT numbers up to now must be over, they've been voer tracked time over time.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

What do you think? I meant LT numebrs u pto now must be over, they've been voer tracked time over time.

I thought you meant this week's numbers,since you said ''other numbers seem ok''.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. is for PS3 or PSP?

There something wrong.

The sales of MHP3HD was put in the fake entry: http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/62464/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver/

The real entry is that: http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/51332/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver/

Any database admin could correct that.

PS3 kicking some serious ass.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Japan: Decent 2nd week boost for PS3, bad drop for 3DS.

Worldwide: Nice 2nd week boost for PS3, not too bad drop for 3DS.

SW: Very good start for Deus Ex: HR. What's that very good selling MHP 3 HD for PSP? Did Sony release a PSP with HD display for it?

No, VGC got the console wrong. It's for PS3, not PSP. It's an HD port of the PSP version.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

The real software sales for PS3 this week.

PS3 1,503,667 (+74%) 411,239,490 (7.85)

Great boost... 360 boost bigger than PS3 for software after price cut just does not seem right .