By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 4: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena annouced for PS3 and XBOX 360, Fighting game Developed by Arc System Works

BlazBlue Team Developing Persona 4 Fighting Game

By Ishaan . August 30, 2011 . 5:04pm

The Persona 4 revival won’t stop with the anime and Persona 4: The Golden. Arc System Works are working on a Persona 4 fighting game, development of which is being handled by the BlazBlue team.

The game is titled Persona 4: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena, as reported by Sinobi.

Interestingly, it takes place two months after Persona 4 and continues that game’s story. The fighting tournament is apparently being hosted by none other than Teddie.

Characters that are confirmed to be playable are Yosuke, Chie, Yu (the main character) and…Aigis?! Yes, the game will include characters from Persona 3 as well. Shoji Meguro will be composing music for the game and Katsura Hashino will be directing.

Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena will be released in Japanese arcades in spring 2012 and will follow on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in summer 2012 in Japan.

Read more stories about Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena & PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

Around the Network

Only one thing to say about this persona news :(

Also this isn't what I meant when I said new game.... 

Eh...this sounds...weird...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I love Persona 4, but I find this kinda weird.  

Edit:  

Thinking about it some more, I think Atlus got this a bit backwards. The Fighting game should be on the Vita instead since its easy to pick up the game, play a match here and there when you have time and the port of Persona 4 should go to the consoles. Persona 4 isnt exactly a game to pick up and play when you got a few mins, the dungeons can take a while.  

sounds good

Around the Network

o_O!

Wait what? Persona fighting game. Must see trailers for this first.

I just came everywhere. Best fighting game devs using a sweet universe to make a game can only be magic.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

BlazBLue team?! SOLD! i never even played any of the personas but i dont care

afjkslajflkasnfklasfklasnflksnflkansflkasnf

Sorry I was wiping jizz off my keyboard.

Arc system Works developing a Persona 4 fighting game!!! I don't believe this, someone tell me this is ACTUALLY true. Two of my fav devs (ASW and Atlus Persona team) on one game is filled with so much win that reality will just implode upon itself. I am SOLD SOLD, and once again SOLD!!!

Oh and almost forgot, apparently there is also mention on Famitsu that Persona 5 is officially under development. I don't know how long I have been waiting for this, I am now going to the corner of my room to cry tears of joy. Thank you god, I am so happy to be alive.