By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL playoff predictions (who will make the Super Bowl?)

TalonMan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

The boys beat them in Dallas under a very green QB, Collins knows the offense much better 

...not to rub salt in an already raw wound, but how you feelin' about Collins now? Is he the 'saviour' for the 'Skins next year? Will he start the first 7 or 8 games, get off to a 3-4 start, and then we'll revert back to Jason Campbell being the saviour? How 'bout Gibbs? Is he still calling the shots next year?

More importantly, do you care to revise your predictions???    :P

Well my predicition about the Superbowl is wrong

But Collins played a very solid game for pretty much the full game,  and at one point had an almost perfect QB rating, and Gibbs was great on playcalling, however redskins need to shore up the o-line (Kearney was a constant rritation), they didn't have the personel to protect collins, and they need to look a ttheir reciever corp, too many bad plays and dropped balls, Moss made too many errors, Randle El did great however and cooley was relatively reliable, but they probably need to go find another reciever

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Dude, the Seahawks tried to give the game away in the middle of the fourth, then they regained their composure. Nothing the Redskins did could have stopped that.

Currently playing: Civ 6

cdude1034 said:
Dude, the Seahawks tried to give the game away in the middle of the fourth, then they regained their composure. Nothing the Redskins did could have stopped that.

I think the redskins gave them a chance to come back with that botched field goal and a few screwups with getting the ball snapped, still with a few changes to the roster I think there is good hope for next year

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

TalonMan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
cdude1034 said:

I think the redskins gave them a chance to come back with that botched field goal and a few screwups with getting the ball snapped, still with a few changes to the roster I think there is good hope for next year

Come on - a botched field goal doesn't turn into a 21 point swing. A 'championship caliber' team needs to be able to recover from stuff like that. If the entire team can fold because of a special teams miscue, then they have deeper issues than can be solved in a draft...

...the bottom line is that for those last four games of the season, they over-achieved. They need some pass rushers, some better secondary, and a running back (Portis, I feel, was over-acheiving down the stretch as well - his best days are behind him).

Moss is good enough with Coolie and Randle El - that's a pretty significant receiving corp. Of all their holes though, the most important one they are lacking, is they have nobody reliable enough to get them the damn ball - Collins is NOT your answer (he's a career backup as I mentioned earlier)...    ...and because Campbell didn't finish out the season, the jury is out on him. I dunno - they've got some work cut out for them next year...   :(

...and now that the 'Skins crapped out, I have to rethink MY predictions - though I did call it after I analyzed things a bit further. :P

What are you smoking? The skins' secondary and Portis are their best assets. While Randle El and Moss are decent, they are not real threats. They need a home run hitter that teams worry about, and they need a QB that can get them the ball. Campbell is not that guy. Next year will be a reloading year, but they wont go farther than they did this year. Not in a division with Dallas always pushing them down.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Redskins build their team through free agency, which is not the smartest.

I can't wait for the Packers v Seahawks game.

"We want the ball, and we're going to score."

Currently playing: UT3, Madden 08, NBA 2k7, AoE:III

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
cdude1034 said:

Come on - a botched field goal doesn't turn into a 21 point swing. A 'championship caliber' team needs to be able to recover from stuff like that. If the entire team can fold because of a special teams miscue, then they have deeper issues than can be solved in a draft...

...the bottom line is that for those last four games of the season, they over-achieved. They need some pass rushers, some better secondary, and a running back (Portis, I feel, was over-acheiving down the stretch as well - his best days are behind him).

Moss is good enough with Coolie and Randle El - that's a pretty significant receiving corp. Of all their holes though, the most important one they are lacking, is they have nobody reliable enough to get them the damn ball - Collins is NOT your answer (he's a career backup as I mentioned earlier)...    ...and because Campbell didn't finish out the season, the jury is out on him. I dunno - they've got some work cut out for them next year...   :(

...and now that the 'Skins crapped out, I have to rethink MY predictions - though I did call it after I analyzed things a bit further. :P

Actually yeah it can since it can lead to a demoralizing  effect, if you can't even come away with three in the redzone it can cause an emotional swing, actuall ytheir defense was fine, it was what kept them in the game for so long, no they need to focus on their recievers and offensive line, you have to be able to protect the passer and catch the balls that are thrown, Moss and Ranled-el and Cooley are good, but they need another explosive guy to add some speed to the offense, Portis is fine as far as backs go, but he needs a stronger Oline to open up the holes for him, when he got got good blocking he was fine, however if they can find another good Running back then that can't hurt.

Collins is not the long term answer, but Cambell is not the short term answer, Collins has one more season in him, he hasn't undergone the strian that most QB's his age have, but Campbell is the starter in two years, another year learning the playbook and getting comforatble will do him a world of good

Jaguars are whooping the Steelers ass right now!

They are making a comeback but the score is Jaguars (21) and Steelers (10).

I didn't really watch the Redskins and Seahawks game because we all know whoever won that game is going to get raped by the Packers next week.

TalonMan said:
Bursche said:

What are you smoking? The skins' secondary and Portis are their best assets. While Randle El and Moss are decent, they are not real threats. They need a home run hitter that teams worry about, and they need a QB that can get them the ball. Campbell is not that guy. Next year will be a reloading year, but they wont go farther than they did this year. Not in a division with Dallas always pushing them down.

I dunno - were you watching the same game tonight? 'Cause if so, I have to wonder what YOU are smoking.

1) Your secondary 'best asset' got shredded by a team who's receiving stats are ranked 20th in the NFL and gave up over 200+ yards in the air.

2) You secondary is already playing without Sean Taylor (arguably the best defensive player on your entire team).

3) Shawn Springs (another aging vet) is NOT a great CB - how many times did he get burned tonight?

4) Fred Smoot???

5) Then there's Clinton Portis'. His production is dropping each year - the guy's got a heart of steel and he plays DAMN hard, but that's also his downfall - he's taking a beating out there and I don't expect him to have a 'prolonged' NFL career. How'd he do tonight? 50 yards on 20 attempts???

You've got ALOT of holes, man (I ain't even going to touch the QB situation) - and as somebody else just mentioned before, free agency is not the way to go to fix them...    ...unfortunately, that's where Snyder continues to go each year.  :(

Actually Landry came away with two interceptions, and Smoot played a pretty good game, I agree Shawn was beaten a few times, but considering how little the Seahawks offense was able to do for most of the game they played as well as could be expected

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

TalonMan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Actually yeah it can since it can lead to a demoralizing  effect, if you can't even come away with three in the redzone it can cause an emotional swing, actuall ytheir defense was fine, it was what kept them in the game for so long, no they need to focus on their recievers and offensive line, you have to be able to protect the passer and catch the balls that are thrown, Moss and Ranled-el and Cooley are good, but they need another explosive guy to add some speed to the offense, Portis is fine as far as backs go, but he needs a stronger Oline to open up the holes for him, when he got got good blocking he was fine, however if they can find another good Running back then that can't hurt.

Collins is not the long term answer, but Cambell is not the short term answer, Collins has one more season in him, he hasn't undergone the strian that most QB's his age have, but Campbell is the starter in two years, another year learning the playbook and getting comforatble will do him a world of good

Yeah, but they were LEADING at the time they missed that field goal - a professional team cannot come completely unhinged because of something like that. Yeah, momentum changes and all that, but teams that have eyes on a Super Bowl ring ALWAYS recover from stuff like that - the Redskins simply folded their tents and that's not good...

...yes, their offensive line is also weak - that's always the most under-rated aspect of any football team. I just don't know how they can fill everything that needs fixing. Maybe in two years, like you said, when Campbell comes around and starts to prove that he belongs in the NFL...

It may take two year, heck i'll be content with them just making the playoff next year, but who knows they may be able to pick up enough people to make a run at it next year, that's whats so good about the League, you don't know what will happen from season to season