By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 3 Demographic More Diverse Than Xbox 360 Demographic?

d21lewis said:
I will post one more thing before I let this whole argument die:
Xbox 360 exclusive FPS franchises:
-Halo -Left 4 Dead
-Uhh......
(and if we're just talking shooters, we could toss in Gears of War)

PS3 Exclusive FPS Franchises:
-Resistance
-Killzone
-M.A,G.
-(and if we're talking shooters, we could arguably toss in Socom and Uncharted)

And that's it. I'm done.

Yea, I'm done too, but I just want to populate that list.

Wow damn, you are right. People here just label 360 due to the mass success of Halo and Gears. Just because Killzone and Resistance aren't as good/popular, doesn't change the demograph.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

See that's the thing, I don't feel I'm going against the grain. I feel Halo and Gears sell well because they are just damn good games. Same with Gran Turismo, Forza, and Uncharted. I don't think you can buy sales with just marketing.

I rarely push the lesser product, in a dispute between Alan Wake and Heavy Rain, I won't try to push Alan Wake as supperior to Heavy Rain (although I prefered it). I know Alan Wake is the generally accepted inferrior game because of weaker sales, review, and hype among console owners.

Also I never insult other peoples opinions. If you ever had a real chance to debate with me, you will see that. Worst case what happens is someone who disagrees with me will flip out and get banned because, well someone has a different view then them. People insult me, but I don't insult back, this is an online forum. I think people who can't hold a civil debate here are just pathetic.

Anyway we agree on Uncharted. Different views, but we still can to a rational conclusion.

I wasn't saying you did those things, they're just precautions to make sure people don't hound you, if they do, then it's their problem.

I have had minor debates with you and you have ALWAYS been respectful, and I like that.

Yes, it's just different views and we understand that, I probably should have mentioned that, I wasn't just disagreeing I was just explaining why I saw Uncharted that way.

brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:

See that's the thing, I don't feel I'm going against the grain. I feel Halo and Gears sell well because they are just damn good games. Same with Gran Turismo, Forza, and Uncharted. I don't think you can buy sales with just marketing.

I rarely push the lesser product, in a dispute between Alan Wake and Heavy Rain, I won't try to push Alan Wake as supperior to Heavy Rain (although I prefered it). I know Alan Wake is the generally accepted inferrior game because of weaker sales, review, and hype among console owners.

Also I never insult other peoples opinions. If you ever had a real chance to debate with me, you will see that. Worst case what happens is someone who disagrees with me will flip out and get banned because, well someone has a different view then them. People insult me, but I don't insult back, this is an online forum. I think people who can't hold a civil debate here are just pathetic.

Anyway we agree on Uncharted. Different views, but we still can to a rational conclusion.

I wasn't saying you did those things, they're just precautions to make sure people don't hound you, if they do, then it's their problem.

I have had minor debates with you and you have ALWAYS been respectful, and I like that.

Yes, it's just different views and we understand that, I probably should have mentioned that, I wasn't just disagreeing I was just explaining why I saw Uncharted that way.

I just wanted to let someone know how I feel when I get in crazy debates.

Everything else, you said well.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

this thread is still going! wht are you guy's talking about? i look at it this way. everything not a shooter sells better then shooters on PS so i'll stick with the diverse gamer argument.

Id laugh except it's a pretty widely known fact that the PS3's top 3 best selling games of all time are First Person Shooters... #1 and #2 COD, #3 GTA IV... If you COMBINE the sales off all 3 of those games together.. they collectively outsell the rest of the top ten PS3 games combined..

Michael-5 said:
d21lewis said:
-Halo -Left 4 Dead
-Uhh......

-Resistance
-Killzone
-M.A,G.

And that's it. I'm done.

Wow damn, you are right. People here just label 360 due to the mass success of Halo and Gears. Just because Killzone and Resistance aren't as good/popular, doesn't change the demograph.

It does. Demographic is the audience. Even with more no. of fps franchises, we buy less.

Around the Network
rf40928 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

this thread is still going! wht are you guy's talking about? i look at it this way. everything not a shooter sells better then shooters on PS so i'll stick with the diverse gamer argument.

Id laugh except it's a pretty widely known fact that the PS3's top 3 best selling games of all time are First Person Shooters... #1 and #2 COD, #3 GTA IV... If you COMBINE the sales off all 3 of those games together.. they collectively outsell the rest of the top ten PS3 games combined..

hey wait a minute the op said yall were killing the thread.

i'll end it like this other then the fact my first post is the opposite of the one u quoted.

the console is more diverse then the gamers that own it. i may own mostly every genre Sony publishes and i continue to branch out as i crave diversity. that doesn't mean everyone else does, so i have no real idea how to answer the op even though i did in my first post but thats to far back. 

doesn't matter wht the sells are as those shooters your talking about are multiplatform, but when you look at the exclusives whuch i'm sure the op is talking about cause thats wht most PS3 owners talk about when they refure to diversity then you'll see there all about even in sells.

i will never know if 360 owners are more diverse then PS3 owners but from the perspective of owning both consoles going to retail looking to buy exclusives first the PS3 console its self is more diverse. i speak for the PS owners around me not the 52.4m owners that bought one new and the maybe 20k to 10m that bought either console used.

mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:
d21lewis said:
-Halo -Left 4 Dead
-Uhh......

-Resistance
-Killzone
-M.A,G.

And that's it. I'm done.

It does. Demographic is the audience. Even with more no. of fps franchises, we buy less.

Maybe PS3 is just lacking good FPS's, and maybe 360 is lacking good Action Adventure games? I'm sure if Halo was a PS3 exclusive it would still outsell Killzone and Resistance combined x 2. I bet InFamous would match sales on 360 too.

It's not so much of what people buy, it's what developers make. MP games generally sell better on 360 then PS3, regardless of genre. If Sony made more quality FPS's, up to the quality of Halo and Gears, they would sell more. Simple as that.

Michael-5 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:
d21lewis said:
-Halo -Left 4 Dead
-Uhh......

-Resistance
-Killzone
-M.A,G.

And that's it. I'm done.

Maybe PS3 is just lacking good FPS's, and maybe 360 is lacking good Action Adventure games? I'm sure if Halo was a PS3 exclusive it would still outsell Killzone and Resistance combined x 2. I bet InFamous would match sales on 360 too.

It's not so much of what people buy, it's what developers make. MP games generally sell better on 360 then PS3, regardless of genre. If Sony made more quality FPS's, up to the quality of Halo and Gears, they would sell more. Simple as that.

That's not true. Killzone 2 is a very good fps and its rated 91 at metacritic as well, that's as much as halo reach. Yet it sold around 2 million.

Infamous won't match the sales on the 360, I am sure of it. Crackdown 1 is just like infamous and it sold less. Even when it had the halo 3 beta included in it. Crackdown 2 was bad according to many people, so lets not consider it.

There's prototype, that game has sold similarly on both consoles even when it released alongside infamous.

Halo would probably sell more than Killzone if it was on the PS3 because of brand recognition. That doesn't make the PS3 fans fps centric, and it will probably sell only around 4 million-5 million still very poor for a halo game.

mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:

That's not true. Killzone 2 is a very good fps and its rated 91 at metacritic as well, that's as much as halo reach. Yet it sold around 2 million.

Infamous won't match the sales on the 360, I am sure of it. Crackdown 1 is just like infamous and it sold less. Even when it had the halo 3 beta included in it. Crackdown 2 was bad according to many people, so lets not consider it.

There's prototype, that game has sold similarly on both consoles even when it released alongside infamous.

Halo would probably sell more than Killzone if it was on the PS3 because of brand recognition. That doesn't make the PS3 fans fps centric, and it will probably sell only around 4 million-5 million still very poor for a halo game.

Yea, but Halo 3 has a higher metascore doesn't it? And Killzone 3's metascore is 86/100 Resistance is also in the 80's is it not? Halo 3, Reach and both Gears have 91-05 metascores I believe.

However rating isn't everything, it's also public appeal, and how polished the game is. Halo is an easy game for any FPS fan to pick up and play. Killzone isn't as online or co-op friendly as Halo is, not even close. Also Halo and Gears are more online focused then Resistance and Killzone, that afftects sales too.

I doubt Halo or Gears would sell that poor on PS3.

Crackdown is nowehere nearly as good as InFamous, and it sold almost as well. I'm sure InFamous would match sales on 360, maybe even sell better. It's not that different from Assassin's Creed and that game does very well on 360.

Michael-5 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but Halo 3 has a higher metascore doesn't it? And Killzone 3's metascore is 86/100 Resistance is also in the 80's is it not? Halo 3, Reach and both Gears have 91-05 metascores I believe.

However rating isn't everything, it's also public appeal, and how polished the game is. Halo is an easy game for any FPS fan to pick up and play. Killzone isn't as online or co-op friendly as Halo is, not even close. Also Halo and Gears are more online focused then Resistance and Killzone, that afftects sales too.

I doubt Halo or Gears would sell that poor on PS3.

Crackdown is nowehere nearly as good as InFamous, and it sold almost as well. I'm sure InFamous would match sales on 360, maybe even sell better. It's not that different from Assassin's Creed and that game does very well on 360.

Halo 3 has only 3 points more and that's not much. ODST has around 83 even that sold more than killzone 2 and 3.

Its possible since the 360 is online heavy, games like halo and gears sell great.

I am thinking even Assassin's creed will start selling more on the PS3. It definitely has better legs.

Crackdown had halo 3 beta and assassin's creed is a much more well known franchise.