By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 3 Demographic More Diverse Than Xbox 360 Demographic?

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

srry but god of war is American. the woner of the IP is Japanese. anyway welcome to home consoles my fellow PC gamer.

try playing Fallout and Mass Effect on PC

LOL I run a 9 year old dell as my main computer. I don't even have duel core. The guy I talked about was a close friend, and I was just pointing out the behaviour reasonable mentioned is accurate. He and I are opposite ends of the spectrum (Him only owning an N64 before, while I own basically everything, and the type of games).

BTW, he does like Resident Evil 5, and that's Japanese. So there is an example of different gaming worlds begining to overlap.

As for Mass Effect on PC. I've seen it, maxed. It's beautiful, I want to cry. I can't wait for 1080p gaming. Gears of War maxed however looks terrible. That game is much blockier then I realized.

lol.

i got an 2011 HP netbook

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

My co-op to single player point was that Killzone isn't as easy to pick up and play. You can't just switch from a co-op to single player game, and I don't think you can change the difficulty mid game and do a mission you haven't done before. agreed

As for my single player experience, I liked Killzone. Well Killzone 2 and 3, 1 was boring. They have a surprisingly good plot for a FPS, mech's and other cool vehicular sections, and it's actually a difficult game. I always play every game on the hardest difficulty selection, and Killzone is one of the rare games that actually gives me trouble. People say Uncharted on Crushing is hard, but it really isn't. Same with Halo, the only thing that makes those games a little hard on Crushing/Legendary is that you are always low on ammo. That's just annoying, not fun. I never have difficulty with 1 vs. 1 or 1 vs. 2 battles, and I usually only die when I'm not paying attention, or screwing around. Killzone is something else on Elite. You almost have to know where the AI are coming from in order to progress. It's a very well made single player game. agreed. i never ot the chance to play KZ. i hope Sony makes and HD version.

Only drawbacks I have are ally AI, and Rico. Rico is just too damn annoying, someone should weld his mouth shut. The ally AI is also garbage. For instance, I was playing co-op one day. and my friend gets down right beside an AI. Both the AI and my buddy are behind the same cover, and what does he do? He runs up to me, runs back to my buddy, and then yells at me to pick up my buddy. He said this as he was teabagging him... lol thats a fuck'd up experiance! i'm telling everyone i know about that. yea the coop team AI is very stupid. guerrilla could have done a better job but they had that damned 3D to put in it and move. i heard all that was last minute. i hope there new FPS slated for a 2013 release pulls no punches and lets everyone have it. the enemy is relentless at time especially during the sneaking mission. blow your cover and you get a knife up the ass.

For Gears, I think my k/d for my first 100 deaths was like 5 kills. I played every game 1 to 10, and usually I had to steal that 1 or something. Gears is the hardest game ever to play online. Even when you get used to the gameplay, and get good, you can still easily loose when you have a bad team.I love the game just because it's so rewarding to get a headshot at close range. agreed. a GEAR head forever. KZ and GEARS are just 2 diferent monsters that are better then the rest. rewarding in deed.

For Lost Planet, I guess you aren't a fan? I love that game, but man is that game unbalanced. If you are good with a sniper and a mech in that game, you can get such a good K/D, but mech fights are fun. i had no idea where i was going and thats all i'll say.

I never really got too into Killzone 2 multiplayer, so you can see where I get my unpolished perspective on killzone multiplayer. However I have read a lot and talk to people, and most people say KZ2 isn't balanced either. Apparently if you are pro with the Magnum, you can get a great K/D. Is that true? you have no idead how happy i was to get the magnum when i did, but it came at a high price. the magnum is a 1 shot kill 89% of the time. i mainly only used the medic class, but the multiplayer seems fine to me. your friends wil have to tell me wht they mean by unbalanced or you can ask them and tell me. each gun has there purpose as you saw if youread up on the in KZ3 before going into each match, and thats exsactly wht they do on KZ2. the thing is you know who's using the magnum when you get shot. wht i mean by that is if its a sniper(or wht ever class) then you'll be able to tell. i'm not sure how but you can. its not something i can explain. i'll tell you about the high price i had to pay before i full answer your question.

i wantted to start experimenting with the other classes more cause i started to realise i needed them based on the situation and i'm tactical.  when using the assult class i only had the rocket launcher and a standard helgan hand gun. KZ was is the game that made me realise i suck'd with hand guns.

(skipping ahead) since most situations had me needing the rocket launcher at based on the lasses i had i new i'd have to use the hand gun which didn't sit well with me so i decided i would enter pistol only matches. thats when i really found out how bad i was with a pistol. dud i had matches where i'd go 1 and 10! seriously?, and its not funny so no laughing. i decided to start sniping with the pistol but becuase its the weakest gun on KZ2 i had to get head shots. thing was going good untilthey figured me out, and after that i was done for so i cheated to get the magnum.

i set up a dummy account and used my account to shoot the piss out of the user, and got the magnum unfortunatly my time with KZ was coming to an end and i didn't even know it. my skills started going down hill as i'd constantly find my self either out matched or even worse turnning a corner and theres 5 helgan with shot guns blowing my ass off. i even lost mcraken 007 off my friends list because of how bad things had gotten.

anyway after cheatting to win the magnum i had a match where i was an assult class and went 12 and 0. but that last round i died 12 times strait so after my 12 death i stay'd in the spawn point and waited for the match to end.

any way back to your question. yes if your good with the magnum which i happen to be (but not the pistol) then you can kill anything with an (89 to 98% kill rate)

I agree Killzone 3 had a better story, but Killzone 2 was great too! I really love those walking mechs. Killzone 2 lacked environment, but Guerilla Games is really improving in the story department. Not sure if you played Killzone 1, but I didn't even know what I was fighting for really. It was just fun to play. yea KZ2 was great in everyway but KZ3 had a better story. nope never play'd KZ1.

Killzone 3 co-op is more in place then Resistance. I mean Resistance 1, you had a random black soldier appear in the game, and during cut scenes he would disappear. It was funny as hell, but even though it didn't fit in, it was the best part of the game if you ask me. However playing Killzone 3 in single player feels very wrong. a games single player should never be hindered by a co-op mode, and it's unusual that Killzone 3 is like this because the co-op is so broken. dito. guerrilla games will get better with coop. i don't know wht went wrong with Resistance coop as insomniac is usualy good in that area with ratchet and clank, but it was a great game. i enjoy'd R1 very much and was always looking forward to the lext weapon. insomniac makes the best weapons. mainly because there weapons come from creativity not some mold set up rewash'd and previously done. i give insomniac alot of credit because R1 was there first game outside platforming. i give them crdit for R2, and R3 is already looking perfect.

The game I feel which had out of place co-op was Resident Evil 5. However if you know the story behind the game, you would know that it wasn't suppose to be a co-op game. Briefly, because of racism issues, they had to reduce the number of zombies by over 50%, and give you a black partner. RE6 will be what RE5 failed to deliver, a proper sequel to RE4. dito. i hated the controls in RE5. they are the worst. yea RE4 was great but i still hated the controls. RE6 delivering? i hope so as i'm not expecting mch but i won't judge before i see the game. yea that racisim thing sucks. i saw nothing wrong with it.

I love debates too, but it's rare to get a good one. Sometimes it's fun debating with an idiot though, they go on violent rage bursts, and when you respond calmly, it just pisses them off more. In the end I just laugh when they get banned.  dito

a GEAR head forever. KZ and GEARS are just 2 diferent monsters that are better then the rest. rewarding in deed. My thoughts exactly. However it's the difficulty of these games which hurt them from public appeal. You can't play a Gears 2 match online anymore, not outside of peak online hours, and Killzone 3 already has a small online base (If I play at 3 am like I normally would, I have trouble getting a full game). WOW.

For killzone 2. You are saying that if you are good with the Magnum, you're a killer, but if you aren't then it's difficult? Is that similar to Gears and the Shotgun? If you are pro with the shotgun in Gears, and know maps well, you can easily get a decent K/D, and for Gears 1 the Shotgun was overpowered. the shotgun and the Magnum on KZ if you know how to use them. i hate the shotgun on KZ2. while it was my third best weapon, it was my second worse right behind that damn'd pistol. i shot a dud 15X with that damn pistol and still died. the KZ2 shotgun has a rang you wouldn't beleive. its not quite a sniper but if you shot it right its a midrang sniper. 

the KZ3 shotgun is much better.

For Resistance, I'm not a fan. People say they love Resistance because the weapons are unique and cool, and I'll be honest in Resistance 1 they were cool. I also really liked the art style used in telling the story in R1 and Resistence Retrubution. However playing Resistance 2, I wasn't impressed. I don't really like the weapons so much, they feel like they belong in a Ratchet & Clank game, and not a FPS. There also wasn't enough new added to the game, and too much taken away (co-op, and that picture based story telling). When I pick up Resistance and play it now, I just think "Why am I not playing Metroid Prime or Halo." I like looney, but I want some realism. Resistance is just too looney for me. lol. R1 was great fun, but R2's coop campaign was brutal. mainly cause i hadn't play'd an FPS in so long, but it was very unforgiving. me and new VGC member 96warriors (why not 100? i have no idea!) play'd the coop campaign and got to a point to where we just couldn't move forward. i didn't like the idea of only having 2 weapons and the 3 classes was stupid to, and knowing one of your teammates would die in the end was stupid to, but we never got past this one point cause the chimera just kept coming.  

Resident Evil 5 was suppose to be a single player game, with 3 times as many Zombies, but the same amount of ammo. Chris was going to have a bit more health, but the goal was to have soo many zombies that you would literally be wrestling them off you half the time. The one scene which remained unaltered in RE5was the scene where there is a truck trying to ram you on a bridge, and you have to shoot the red gas tanks to kill the truck. Imagine if the whole game was full of that many zombies. that would be awsume but the controls still suck.

RE6, to my knowledge (talking to some real nutty fans), is going to be a single player game, with the same number of zomies as RE5 was suppose to have. However, they are upgrading the controls to modern era. You will be able to move and shoot finally, but you still shoot over the shoulder. over the shoulder is great. no problem there. its nice to know there making the controls better. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

a GEAR head forever. KZ and GEARS are just 2 diferent monsters that are better then the rest. rewarding in deed. My thoughts exactly. However it's the difficulty of these games which hurt them from public appeal. You can't play a Gears 2 match online anymore, not outside of peak online hours, and Killzone 3 already has a small online base (If I play at 3 am like I normally would, I have trouble getting a full game). WOW.

For killzone 2. You are saying that if you are good with the Magnum, you're a killer, but if you aren't then it's difficult? Is that similar to Gears and the Shotgun? If you are pro with the shotgun in Gears, and know maps well, you can easily get a decent K/D, and for Gears 1 the Shotgun was overpowered. the shotgun and the Magnum on KZ if you know how to use them. i hate the shotgun on KZ2. while it was my third best weapon, it was my second worse right behind that damn'd pistol. i shot a dud 15X with that damn pistol and still died. the KZ2 shotgun has a rang you wouldn't beleive. its not quite a sniper but if you shot it right its a midrang sniper. 

For Resistance, I'm not a fan. People say they love Resistance because the weapons are unique and cool, and I'll be honest in Resistance 1 they were cool. I also really liked the art style used in telling the story in R1 and Resistence Retrubution. However playing Resistance 2, I wasn't impressed. I don't really like the weapons so much, they feel like they belong in a Ratchet & Clank game, and not a FPS. There also wasn't enough new added to the game, and too much taken away (co-op, and that picture based story telling). When I pick up Resistance and play it now, I just think "Why am I not playing Metroid Prime or Halo." I like looney, but I want some realism. Resistance is just too looney for me. lol. R1 was great fun, but R2's coop campaign was brutal. mainly cause i hadn't play'd an FPS in so long, but it was very unforgiving. me and new VGC member 96warriors (why not 100? i have no idea!) play'd the coop campaign and got to a point to where we just couldn't move forward. i didn't like the idea of only having 2 weapons and the 3 classes was stupid to, and knowing one of your teammates would die in the end was stupid to, but we never got past this one point cause the chimera just kept coming.  

Resident Evil 5 was suppose to be a single player game, with 3 times as many Zombies, but the same amount of ammo. Chris was going to have a bit more health, but the goal was to have soo many zombies that you would literally be wrestling them off you half the time. The one scene which remained unaltered in RE5was the scene where there is a truck trying to ram you on a bridge, and you have to shoot the red gas tanks to kill the truck. Imagine if the whole game was full of that many zombies. that would be awsume but the controls still suck.

RE6, to my knowledge (talking to some real nutty fans), is going to be a single player game, with the same number of zomies as RE5 was suppose to have. However, they are upgrading the controls to modern era. You will be able to move and shoot finally, but you still shoot over the shoulder. over the shoulder is great. no problem there. its nice to know there making the controls better. 

Killzone 3 had a pretty fair balance of weapons, but that shotgun is powerful. Every game has some flaws, but both KZ and Gears are amazing games.

The only reapon I suck with is the Sniper in Gears of War 1. Online was added last minute to that game and you can tell, there is lag. You actually have to shoot about a head infront of the enemy to get a head shot, that is unless you are host. Other then that, guns just take getting used to, in every game. Took forever to get used to shotgun warfare in Gears and KZ.

For Resistance 2 co-op, I hated it. I wanted to play with just me and a friend. The game lets you, but you can't do that co-op game with just 2 people. It's stupid and because of it I personally see no reason to buy a Resistance title in the future again (but I do like Retribution).

As for RE, I didn't mind the oldschool controls, but it's probably because I like slower paced games. RE1 was amazing on Gamecube.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

Killzone 3 had a pretty fair balance of weapons, but that shotgun is powerful. Every game has some flaws, but both KZ and Gears are amazing games. dito. KZ3 is a much more comforttable shooter then KZ2. looks like the conversation is slowly coming to an end lol? 

The only reapon I suck with is the Sniper in Gears of War 1. Online was added last minute to that game and you can tell, there is lag. You actually have to shoot about a head infront of the enemy to get a head shot, that is unless you are host. Other then that, guns just take getting used to, in every game. Took forever to get used to shotgun warfare in Gears and KZ. i never had the chance to play gears 1. i'm still not use to the shotgun in KZ2 but it has a very nice spread and if you pay close attention the spread is never the same. 

For Resistance 2 co-op, I hated it. I wanted to play with just me and a friend. The game lets you, but you can't do that co-op game with just 2 people. It's stupid and because of it I personally see no reason to buy a Resistance title in the future again (but I do like Retribution). hey you got to get R3. i'll be there lol. yea insomniac went to far way from the script and try to many things that don't fit there mold and i think they learn'd that the hard way with R2. they tried to conform to the current standar while mixing there own style to it. let COD suck, and Resistance be its own game. i think thats wht happen'd

As for RE, I didn't mind the oldschool controls, but it's probably because I like slower paced games. RE1 was amazing on Gamecube. hell i couldn't play any RE because of the controls. i just watch'd and help'd with strategy.