By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS getting flood of ports from the unreleased Vita, said "one analyst"

Tagged games:

The 3DS isn't getting another Analog Stick. I mean pretty stupid(and primitive) to have it as an add-on. If Nintendo was serious they would make a new 3DS model(thereby screwing over every1 who already bought a 3DS).

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Mad55 said:
I cant see this being true. That would make alot of games unplayable on the first few million 3ds with just one analog. I just cant see Nintendo doing that.

not sure. on one hand its just business yet on the other hand its backstabing the consumer, but IMOthey wouldn't be copying Sony cause they'd need Vitas whole feature set for that.

I mean, copying the second analog stick WOULD kind of be an admission that great support is not tenable without one, whether it's true or not.  Nintendo wouldn't do it unless they thought it was really necessary.

agreed. i was just giving a side note opinion like a its not everything its just anolog. a little food for thought

but yea i agree with both post.

megaman79 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
megaman79 said:
There's a ton of ridiculous Vita publicity lately, and this is obviously ignoring one major factor, 3DS has more games announced for it.

Looks like we can look forward to a whole year of this.

PSV is getting a lot of publicity because it's getting some really good diverse gaming support from various studios and we hear new PSV titles every week now.  it has nothing to do with the 3ds. why 3ds is not getting such publicity is a different topic. you don't have to 'ignore' it nor do you have to take notice of it.

Yes it does. The price of the 3DS has been one of the complaints about slow sales for the system since March, so yes, it is relevent to Vita.

I was referring to articles like about Sony saying the 3D in the 3DS doesn't work (it does, how petty can someone be to say this, especially after Sony commented 12 months ago that they'd "like to cooperate with Nintendo, rather than seeing the company "bash" the 3D experience seen through glasses." -http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony-wed-like-to-work-with-nintendo-on-promoting-3d-message/).

huh? no it doesn't :S what kind of logic is that? PSV is getting publicity on its OWN merits...it has NOTHING to do with the 3ds. The 3ds is getting attention because of things related to that and that system alone. there is absolutely no connection.

you are jumping from one random point to another..first the one with publicity psv gets vs 3ds having more games...now this. I can't remember exactly what it was but wasn't this the one where the guy pointed out you have to stay in one position for the 3d to work well? afaik that's pretty much true. that's not bashing. if you can please link me a new article on it with the original quote so i can look at it. but again this has nothing to do with your original comment..and both your comments have nothing to do with the OP

psv is getting attention because it's getting such tremendous 'quality' support from devs and the list is still gonna get larger and larger..and also cuz sony has done so many things right with it. what 3ds gets is because of things related to the 3ds at the moment...it IS the system out ya know? if ninty can't convince devs...if they can't meet their expectation etc...that's on them. and as I pointed out the more games on 3ds bit you said is a bit rediculous as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Oh well, at least it's getting the game right?

spurgeonryan said:
Bring on the ports! Maybe we can even get some of them on the 3DS before the vita comes out. Then we could have some real fun! People keep talking about how the 3DS should get another stick, maybe they should get it done and over with?

Yeah, Vita ports could only reduce the risk of both publishers and developers in releasing games for the system.  Besides by the time Vita comes out the 3DS should have a fanbase of  around 8-9 mil at the very least!!! It would be a shame for publishers not to exploit that advantage.

Around the Network

I dont care about the vita at all, but those 3ds rumours are just nonesense... 01net has a lot of free time lately...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Mr Khan said:
You can't port from the younger platform. That makes no sense whatsoever...

You out of all people should know the importance of dual analog thanks to the PS1 and the gamecube. Admit it man, Nintendo made a huge mistake by not having the 3DS being dual analog as plenty of big sellers out there make good use of them (monster hunter comes to mind) along with an action adventure game like OOt where dual analog would help with camera control and overall navigation. This is not some keyboard/mouse vs gamepad for FPS argument, but rather about convenience for plenty of games out there. It also serves the 3DS well in this case as long as the ports aren't too late. Usually improvements can be made along with added content. Not to mention the familiarity of developing for the 3DS over time.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:
oh my god, why does this dual analog rumor have so much traction in the media? this is just getting ridiculous now.

Because the media likes to put pressure on Nintendo to conform to industry standards, and everyone has a hard-on for dual analogues for some infathomable reason...

People hate change, so they want to cling to the old dual analogue setup.  Even if it does limit the number of people who will be able to use the product.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:
oh my god, why does this dual analog rumor have so much traction in the media? this is just getting ridiculous now.

Because the media likes to put pressure on Nintendo to conform to industry standards, and everyone has a hard-on for dual analogues for some infathomable reason...

People hate change, so they want to cling to the old dual analogue setup.  Even if it does limit the number of people who will be able to use the product.

The old dual analog setup as you say is without doubt more comfortable and efficient then controlling the camera with the touch screen. This is not a matter of hating change. That being said, its not a major problem either. Many persons will prefer having a second screen then a second analog. In any case, Nintendo is certainly going the right way by offering the option to add one.