By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Owners: Why haven't you bought Mass Effect 2?

Tagged games:

Because i am waiting for Mass Effect 3 anyway...

Around the Network

I bought mass effect 2 for my ps3 for 10 bucks new two weeks ago and I got to say it was a really fun experience. I can't wait to play the third one.

Michael-5 said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:
contrary to what most PS3 owners want you to believe we dont want it. PS3 users are not shooter fans evident by sales of SONY's 1st party offering.

Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than a shooter. It has more character development and options than the majority of RPGs this gen. Also your statement makes no sense because according to 3rd party "offerings", PS3 users are shooter fanatics.

The fact is, it's a port, and PS3 owners (not to insult) are too arrogent to realize this is probably the best game ever made this gen.

I completely disagree. I think arrogance has very little to do with it (sure it's part of some people's thinking, but it by no means accounts for much of the differnce in sales). The demographic preferences are just different. WRPGs of any stripe don't sell anywhere near as well on PS3, late port or no.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mass Effect is great but no Mass Effect 1 on PS3 means no buy from me.One day I will buy a 360 when it is 99 Dollar/Euro and play the ultimate trilogy edition With all DLCs and Mass Effect 1-3. Iam patient and can wait. I havent bought New Vegas yet simply because not all DLCs are out and on one disc. I bought Dragon Age after the Ultimate Edition came. Once It seems like I am going to enjoy a game very much I stop reading stuff about it and wait for a complete edition. And since I dont have a 360 and Ps3 has no Mass Effect 1 I simply wait for 360 to become 99. And play the stuff I couldnt get on PS3 and always wanted. Which is besides Mass Effect Alan Wake and Halo 1-3+ Reach.

binary solo said:
Michael-5 said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:
contrary to what most PS3 owners want you to believe we dont want it. PS3 users are not shooter fans evident by sales of SONY's 1st party offering.

Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than a shooter. It has more character development and options than the majority of RPGs this gen. Also your statement makes no sense because according to 3rd party "offerings", PS3 users are shooter fanatics.

The fact is, it's a port, and PS3 owners (not to insult) are too arrogent to realize this is probably the best game ever made this gen.

I completely disagree. I think arrogance has very little to do with it (sure it's part of some people's thinking, but it by no means accounts for much of the differnce in sales). The demographic preferences are just different. WRPGs of any stripe don't sell anywhere near as well on PS3, late port or no.

Mass Effect 2 is as much of an RPG as Dead Space 2 and that game sold close to 1 million on PS3. The Elder Scrolls 4 which was a port, sold 2.20 million, but I think that sold well because PS3 before 2009 really lacked software. Dragon Age 1 sold 1.30 million, and ME2 is much much better then all of those.

It's just ontop of being an old game, it's a former 360 exclusive. It's quite literally one of the best games this gen, but people won't pay $60 for a year old game that there is no hype for. PS3 fans have no interest in 360 exclusives, and it's pretty lame because this is one game no one should ignore.

However, I can't say it's just PS3 fans who are arrogent. Ignoring the Japanese audience, I don't think Dark Souls will sell anywhere nearly as well as on PS3. It's just damn, this is literally the best there is and sales are .

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
Mass Effect is great but no Mass Effect 1 on PS3 means no buy from me.One day I will buy a 360 when it is 99 Dollar/Euro and play the ultimate trilogy edition With all DLCs and Mass Effect 1-3. Iam patient and can wait. I havent bought New Vegas yet simply because not all DLCs are out and on one disc. I bought Dragon Age after the Ultimate Edition came. Once It seems like I am going to enjoy a game very much I stop reading stuff about it and wait for a complete edition. And since I dont have a 360 and Ps3 has no Mass Effect 1 I simply wait for 360 to become 99. And play the stuff I couldnt get on PS3 and always wanted. Which is besides Mass Effect Alan Wake and Halo 1-3+ Reach.

HAHA Same here. I'm waiting for the GOTY Edition with all DLC.

However Bioware isn't known for making GOTY editions with all DLC. They have promotions where DLC is sold cheap, but that's usually only right before the sequel, or right after a newer DLC. If you get a cheap 360, I would selectivly choose DLC. ME1 DLC is useless and ME2 only Shadow Broker and Arrival are really important, but the new character ones are fun too.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

selnor said:
Xxain said:

This comment only shows that some PS3 owners are  misguided about this game then. Possibly the best new franchise this gen. great RPG.

Sure if you enjoy dumbed down gameplay that pretends it's RPG on the basic of having branching story lines.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Couldn't care less about the ME series, that's why. Demon's Souls, Valkyrie Chronicles and Fallout 3 (when it isn't glitching or crashing) are fine for my RPG needs on PS3.

i bought it, still periodically play it every now and then, its a very easy pick up and carry on type of game, im about 10h in

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Cirio said:

I bought this game yesterday, and I've already put 11 hours in it. This is the first time I've played a video game for over 6 hours in one sitting because I usually can't manage to game for more than 2 hours, but the game is so damn interesting! The characters, story and overall presentation of this game is amazing and it is quickly climbing up to my favorite game this generation; it saddens me that ME2 sold only half a million on the PS3. I understand that the game was a year old port, but I still think it deserves more. Plus, pre-orders for ME3 on the PS3 aren't looking to promising either. The only downside I've found so far is that you have to install the game, the latest patch, AND the DLC included with the new copy before you play. These installations end up taking an hour!

So PS3 owners, why haven't you bought ME2? Is it because you're not interested in WRPGs? Or have you not been "hyped" enough towards this game? Do you have other reasons?

I downloaded it on the PC and couldn't get myself to play it for more than two hours. Might add that I am not a RPG fan and the combat wasn't appealing to me (or atleast not enough to make me continue).

(Yes :( evil pirate I r!)