By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Owners: Why haven't you bought Mass Effect 2?

Tagged games:

It's a fully priced late port of a sequal to a story driven game that we never got.

Read that above sentence again and tell me you think something like that will sell but loads.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I generally don't buy games when I haven't played earlier games in the franchise, and when you're talking about a franchise with a heavy focus on story, then that means I'm less likely to play it.

VGChartz

I bought it for PC. If it isn't a console exclusive I'll never play a WRPG on console.

PC is my platform of choice for RTS-games, Adventures (point&click), WRPGs and shooters (I don't really play shooters -> by shooters I mean stuff like Portal or hybrids like ME2).

My PS3 is mainly used for JRPGs, action adventures, platformers and the occasional sports or fighting game.

@binary solo

I wouldnt wait forever ofcourse but maybe for a 720 Version in 1080p. Depends aslong as I have more than enough to play I can wait. For PS3 I wont buy it but maybe for my Notebook. It wont run away. I played games a decade after their release (properly).

i bought it day one for PS3, it didnt bother me in the slightest little bit that it was a late port and full price! the game was worth every penny, ive played through it twice and enjoyed it massively both times, i really cannot wait for ME3.
So as the OP states, WHY havnt PS3 owners bought it (except for the 500,000 that have). If you was using the excuse of it being over priced you can easily find it for half that price now so go out and buy it. Mass Effect 3 will be a nominee along with Skyrim for the BEST GAME OF THIS GEN. So dont miss out on the build up to it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Like others have said, it's the second part of a story driven series and many PS3 owners didn't get to play the original. It's a late port being sold at full price.

Suddenly, it makes sense why Metal Gear Solid 2 didn't sell very well on the Xbox 1. I have high hopes that PS3 owners will embrace Mass Effect 3 (don't let me down, guys!) just like I hope Xbox 360 owners will embrace Metal Gear Rising (don't you guys let me down, either!), though.

I played it on PC.

I never expected the game would go to PS3 and still feel to this day that it was the best game 360 had that ps3 didn't. Still I do not consider myself a PS3 gamer only and never would want to be. I like my 360 shooter box. :)

Late port + incomplete saga + available on PC.

To be honest I'm surprised it sold this much. 22% of X360 sales is quite good IMO.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

binary solo said:
Michael-5 said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:
contrary to what most PS3 owners want you to believe we dont want it. PS3 users are not shooter fans evident by sales of SONY's 1st party offering.

Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than a shooter. It has more character development and options than the majority of RPGs this gen. Also your statement makes no sense because according to 3rd party "offerings", PS3 users are shooter fanatics.

The fact is, it's a port, and PS3 owners (not to insult) are too arrogent to realize this is probably the best game ever made this gen.

I completely disagree. I think arrogance has very little to do with it (sure it's part of some people's thinking, but it by no means accounts for much of the differnce in sales). The demographic preferences are just different. WRPGs of any stripe don't sell anywhere near as well on PS3, late port or no.

I somewhat disagree too though because other WRPGs like the Fallout series, Elder Scrolls 4 (and 5 will as well) and Dragon Age have had either great or good sales on the PS3. The audience between the PS3 and 360 really isn't much different now especially since Western devs have started picking up in the quality of their games.