By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 3 dev Insomniac explains removal of health regen

Tagged games:

non-gravity said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
non-gravity said:
This is rather idiotic seeing they introduced it in Resistance 2

well if Joe Capelli isn't infected with the chimerion virus then he shouldn't be able to regen. 

All Sentinels are supposed to be infected (or rather partially immune to the Chimeran virus).

And Nathan Hale got infected at the start of the first game which still had the medpacks.

wel whts the dif between Hale and capelli? i've only play R1. how was Hale seamingly more effected by the virus then Capelli?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:
Great decision, this adds a lot of excitement to game and forces different strategies. The same generic regenerating health is not needed in every shooter.

agreed. its nice to see someone getting back to basic's or alttile realism. i going to love this game.

Yeah, I think the really adressed most of the complaints about the second one.  I am  happy I can play coop again for a story campaign. hey will never please all the fans, but I have to say the second one was almost a disaster. The multiplayer seems better too, I hated playing with so many people in the second especially when getting hit by random gernades. Overall, this game screams win.

so wht was wrong with R2? i played the multiplayer campaign and got thrashed and was it for me lol.

That game always was bad in my eyes because I drove two hours to play it with my cuz coop and all I got was the shitty multiplayer campaign. I felt the graphics sucked even at that time. I felt like online the chimera's starting weapon the bullseye was not as good as the human M5A2 carbine. In the campaign it was also taking away the weapons wheel that allowed you to have more choice in how two fight in R:FoM. In Res. 2 it felt like you would come across a weapon and it was like the game was telling you how to fight. Find a sniper rifle, be ready to have to shoot from a distance. Find a rocket launcher and you better be prepaired to use it. Essentially, it took a way strategy and handed you the tools to easily get past certain points in the campaign. It was not a horrible game I just felt it went wrong in more areas than the last.

chocoloco said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:
Great decision, this adds a lot of excitement to game and forces different strategies. The same generic regenerating health is not needed in every shooter.

agreed. its nice to see someone getting back to basic's or alttile realism. i going to love this game.

Yeah, I think the really adressed most of the complaints about the second one.  I am  happy I can play coop again for a story campaign. hey will never please all the fans, but I have to say the second one was almost a disaster. The multiplayer seems better too, I hated playing with so many people in the second especially when getting hit by random gernades. Overall, this game screams win.

so wht was wrong with R2? i played the multiplayer campaign and got thrashed and was it for me lol.

That game always was bad in my eyes because I drove two hours to play it with my cuz coop and all I got was the shitty multiplayer campaign. I felt the graphics sucked even at that time. I felt like online the chimera's starting weapon the bullseye was not as good as the human M5A2 carbine. In the campaign it was also taking away the weapons wheel that allowed you to have more choice in how two fight in R:FoM. In Res. 2 it felt like you would come across a weapon and it was like the game was telling you how to fight. Find a sniper rifle, be ready to have to shoot from a distance. Find a rocket launcher and you better be prepaired to use it. Essentially, it took a way strategy and handed you the tools to easily get past certain points in the campaign. It was not a horrible game I just felt it went wrong in more areas than the last.

ok i see. thanks for explaining. sound like something i would get into because its and Insomniac game, but nothing to continue holding it up after that.

i hate being led by a game. no bad but not wht you'd expect either. just hey that best way to do this is by doing this and if you don't you'll die. i hate that.

R3 will be better

I enjoyed both Resistance and Resistance 2. I think Resistance 2 is overall the better game and I stand behind that opinion. However I felt it changed too many things people liked about the first game which was quite jarring for most gamers I expect.

I miss the storytelling and splitscreen co-op from the original Resistance. I am bummed that Resistance 3 is still in the US. I imagined the series would spread out throughout the globe. How awesome would it be to fight the Chimera in Asia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
I enjoyed both Resistance and Resistance 2. I think Resistance 2 is overall the better game and I stand behind that opinion. However I felt it changed too many things people liked about the first game which was quite jarring for most gamers I expect.

I miss the storytelling and splitscreen co-op from the original Resistance. I am bummed that Resistance 3 is still in the US. I imagined the series would spread out throughout the globe. How awesome would it be to fight the Chimera in Asia?

no don't stand behind you opinion. stand infornt of it so i can kill you in online multiplayer? no hiding lol!

ye i didn't play much of R2. R1 made you fill like you were always croutching and like you were floting on air.

ye i just got an earfull on wht changes were made in the second and i personaly don't think they were for the better.

i think it would be so awsume to fight the chimera in Asia. you know learn some Kung Fu, cut one inhalf with a Katana lol.

although Insomniac arin't schelduled to do R4 they may take the series to other lands even thhough R3 is the last in the trilogy.

Around the Network

Well, Resistance is a pretty good series in my opinion. Nothing special but truly enjoyable overall. While the gameplay mechanics could use some more polish, I LIKE that we have interesting and cool weapons. I LIKE that it takes place in an alternate 1950s world. I LIKE that the first (and third) return to having health bars rather than regenerating health. (Actually, I thought the first one had a perfect balance, I really hope it returns to that)

So yeah, I liked the first one more, but I thought the second one was made better. Here's hoping the third one will have all the good parts about 1 and 2...because that's what it's looking like.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Not to be negative, but doesn't that mean they're promoting camping tactics?