By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 3 dev Insomniac explains removal of health regen

Tagged games:

Can't say I disagree with him. No health regen is one of the reasons I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, especially after being disappointed with Resistance 2.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
Signalstar said:

I played both singleplayer and multiplayer in 3D. I was on the game for about a half hour. The multiplayer was fun. I don't remember the name of the singleplayer level but these long chimera that could jump really far had me pinned down for the longest time. 

Did they make the multiplayer that similar to COD?

No it played much like the past Resitance games only with a smaller number of players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

non-gravity said:
This is rather idiotic seeing they introduced it in Resistance 2

well if Joe Capelli isn't infected with the chimerion virus then he shouldn't be able to regen. 

chocoloco said:
Great decision, this adds a lot of excitement to game and forces different strategies. The same generic regenerating health is not needed in every shooter.

agreed. its nice to see someone getting back to basic's or alttile realism. i going to love this game.

GameOver22 said:

Can't say I disagree with him. No health regen is one of the reasons I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, especially after being disappointed with Resistance 2.

it makes since when you think about it. was Joe Capelli infected by the chimaeron virus? if not then regen helth is stupid for the sequal.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:
Great decision, this adds a lot of excitement to game and forces different strategies. The same generic regenerating health is not needed in every shooter.

agreed. its nice to see someone getting back to basic's or alttile realism. i going to love this game.

Yeah, I think the really adressed most of the complaints about the second one.  I am  happy I can play coop again for a story campaign. hey will never please all the fans, but I have to say the second one was almost a disaster. The multiplayer seems better too, I hated playing with so many people in the second especially when getting hit by random gernades. Overall, this game screams win.

chocoloco said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah, I think the really adressed most of the complaints about the second one.  I am  happy I can play coop again for a story campaign. hey will never please all the fans, but I have to say the second one was almost a disaster. The multiplayer seems better too, I hated playing with so many people in the second especially when getting hit by random gernades. Overall, this game screams win.

so wht was wrong with R2? i played the multiplayer campaign and got thrashed and was it for me lol.

Signalstar said:
Mordred11 said:
Signalstar said:

I played both singleplayer and multiplayer in 3D. I was on the game for about a half hour. The multiplayer was fun. I don't remember the name of the singleplayer level but these long chimera that could jump really far had me pinned down for the longest time. 

Did they make the multiplayer that similar to COD?

No it played much like the past Resitance games only with a smaller number of players.

thats good to hear. you have no idea how much i hate COD.

honestly no health regain makes me more excited for R3

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
non-gravity said:
This is rather idiotic seeing they introduced it in Resistance 2

well if Joe Capelli isn't infected with the chimerion virus then he shouldn't be able to regen. 

All Sentinels are supposed to be infected (or rather partially immune to the Chimeran virus).

And Nathan Hale got infected at the start of the first game which still had the medpacks.