By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop Pulled, Discarded Free OnLive Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coupons (Opened the new copy, removed and discarded free content and sold it as new anyways :O)

Tagged games:

BenVTrigger said:
Wow I work for them and can't even excuse that. Its probably because we just recently launched a new platform similar to Steam called Impulse and they don't want to promote competition. Still is rediculous and wrong though if its already packaged inside the box. I haven't worked in the past 2 days so I wasn't aware of this.

they're removing the Onlive coupons which lets you register with Onlive (that streaming console thing). what's funny is that the Deus Ex on PC requires Steam, so they're removing one "competitor" but they can't do anything about the other one.

and Impulse was bought by GameStop, not created/launched by.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

So they opened the box?
How do the customers not realize that the box was opened while purchasing it?? Or do they get it in mail?
This is 100% illegal. Not only did they not give the promoted coupons they also sell something as new that's been opened by them before.

Next up they are going to remove games from console bundles because those compete with their games sales..............

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I foresee a lawsuit impending from OnLive and or Square Enix.

superchunk said:

I foresee a lawsuit impending from OnLive and or Square Enix.

The one that should sue are customers.

Is it even legal to open a packaged product  and still sell it as new ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

This needs to be taken to court...

4 ≈ One

I think it is fair enough. Apparently, they weren't warned, so they are provided with something that will directly compete with their own upcoming service and so I can understand why they would want to stop it

i'm glad that i wait a yr or 2 before i buy games so i don't fall victim to this, and i'm currently looking for a new retailer do to these actions.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i'm glad that i wait a yr or 2 before i buy games so i don't fall victim to this, and i'm currently looking for a new retailer do to these actions.

Amazon. Best retailer on the damn planet.

Wagram said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Amazon. Best retailer on the damn planet.

eems like the best option at this point