By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - The Lion king 3D coming soon!

Tagged games:

Zlejedi said:

Meh those are just flashy comedies, compared to them classic Disney is on a wholly diffrent level.

Ratatouille is the highest reviewed animated movie EVER

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Mordred11 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Mordred11 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Mordred11 said:
I couldn't care less,tbh.

Not this thread. The Jean claude van damme thread! You don't care to see Lion king for the 100th time in 3D?

I've only seen the lion king once,like 10 years ago.Didn't like it then,won't like it now

But in 3D there is the....and the ..... and the monkey all in your face and stuff. Yeah I hope my kids don't see the commercials.

There a few animated family movies that interest me.Kung fu Panda,Madagascar,and Ratatouille(especially).That's pretty much it.

Meh those are just flashy comedies, compared to them classic Disney is on a wholly diffrent level.

For classic Disney movies I would pick The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, The Fox and the hound, and lets go with Snow White. Those are just the ones that seemed like they were trying to be classics. The others were just great fun stories like beauty and the beast, cinderalla and even Aladdin!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Chris Hu said:
When it comes to re-releasing movies Disney is #1. Almost all of their animated movies have been re-released at movie theaters. When it comes to home videos they are even worse they intentionally keep a large selection of their movies out of print a long time so they can maximize their profits when they re-release them.

They just re=released Bambi 2 on blue ray I think. Headline: Get this disney classic while you can. Classic?

Yeah its such a classic that it never made it to the theaters.  As for the Lion King I saw it at the movies when it first was released in 1994 with my two younger sibilings so I don't have to rewatch it.  Also since it wasn't originaly made in 3D, it will not add much to the viewing experience.  As a matter of fact post production 3D effects can degrade the viewing experience of a movie as it did to last years re-make of Clash of the Titans which wasn't a very good movie to begin with but the 3D didn't really add anything and for the most part was terrible looking.

Chris Hu said:
spurgeonryan said:
Chris Hu said:
When it comes to re-releasing movies Disney is #1. Almost all of their animated movies have been re-released at movie theaters. When it comes to home videos they are even worse they intentionally keep a large selection of their movies out of print a long time so they can maximize their profits when they re-release them.

They just re=released Bambi 2 on blue ray I think. Headline: Get this disney classic while you can. Classic?

Yeah its such a classic that it never made it to the theaters.  As for the Lion King I saw it at the movies when it first was released in 1994 with my two younger sibilings so I don't have to rewatch it.  Also since it wasn't originaly made in 3D, it will not add much to the viewing experience.  As a matter of fact post production 3D effects can degrade the viewing experience of a movie as it did to last years re-make of Clash of the Titans which wasn't a very good movie to begin with but the 3D didn't really add anything and for the most part was terrible looking.

Titans was the first big 3D movie after Avatar wasn't it? From there on out 3D declined. I did enjoy it again in Rio though! I also had fun with Titans as well t.B.H

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I already saw it in 3D, and while it doesn´t add anything special,some scenes look very cool, and also i noticed the colors looked more vibrant, the image quality seems to be upgraded and you can´t beat the feeling of being there again in the cinema laughing and enjoying the film, with young kids and adults bursting a tear for poor mufasa.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Around the Network
dano said:
I already saw it in 3D, and while it doesn´t add anything special,some scenes look very cool, and also i noticed the colors looked more vibrant, the image quality seems to be upgraded and you can´t beat the feeling of being there again in the cinema laughing and enjoying the film, with young kids and adults bursting a tear for poor mufasa.

Where did you see it in 3D? it does not come out in America until I think this weekend, maybe next. Unless you have it on bootleg and have a 3D tv?

spurgeonryan said:
dano said:

Where did you see it in 3D? it does not come out in America until I think this weekend, maybe next. Unless you have it on bootleg and have a 3D tv?

Here in Mexico it´s been out for about two weeks now, it may very well be closing this friday, and i saw it the second day after it´s premier.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

FOREIGN TOTAL - 7/1/11 n/a - $4,400,000 8/28/11
Brazil Disney 8/26/11 $483,474 100% $483,474 8/28/11
Czech Republic Falcon 9/1/11 $15,434 45.9% $33,595 9/11/11
East Africa Disney 7/1/11 $7,814 50.2% $15,568 7/17/11
India Disney 7/29/11 $61,577 100% $61,577 7/31/11
Israel Disney 8/25/11 $163,273 44.5% $366,668 9/4/11
Mexico Disney 8/12/11 $749,795 17.5% $4,293,261 9/4/11
Peru Disney 8/25/11 $137,654 100% $137,654 8/28/11
Poland Forum Films 8/26/11 $219,619 39.4% $557,420 9/4/11
South Africa (Entire Region) Ster Kinekor 8/26/11 $166,483 33% $504,799 9/11/11
Ukraine B and H 7/28/11 $34,604 38.6% $89,732 8/14/11

and now disney can add evem more to this movies million!

In case no one knew, The Lion King 3D is out now!!! Won the weekend.

Well the movie has done great! Number 1 two weeks in a row. Of course It may not make much more since Disney said its for 2-3 weeks only I believe. Yeah right!
Now we dont even have to wait months for it to come out on video. The blue Ray is coming out soon now!
here comes the money Disney!!! Buy there stock while you still can everyone!