By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movies that have made a Profit and Movies that do Not> THREAD.Evil Dead series and the Star Trek Movies:

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Where's the list? Have you done Star Wars yet?


What list?

 

ACtually I have not done star wars. I think I should try to include The clone Wars cartoon on tv.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
The Terminator made a crapton of money. It wasn't just in the box office gross, but the fact that the movie still plays rather often today on TV. That means royalties. They made video games, arcade games, comic books and toys from the 1st and 2nd movies, which also means a lot of residual income. May not be able to track it, but think about how often you see DVDs and such available. They're there because they still sell.

I'd imagine that T-1 has probably made around $500m or greater just in royalties, ect.


Ayn Rand seems like someone that you would write a post about so I will post this to you.

Sadly this movie seems to have stuggled. After the rights of the book were bought up the owner decided to do the movie himself for 20 million dollars.

Domestic:  $4,627,375

It was just released on DVD and bluRay so maybe it will have a bigger following on the small screen.

If not then Part 2 may never see the light of day!

 

 

 

In fact here are some more problems for it now that it is on DVD, and it cost 10 million plus 10 million advertising.

 

Atlas Shrugged: Part I was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 8, 2011 by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.[27] More than 100,000 DVD inserts were recalled within days due to the jacket's philosophically incorrect description of "Ayn Rand’s timeless novel of courage and self-sacrifice



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I've been deceived; I came in here expecting to see something about an Atlus movie I somehow missed . . . how disappointing.



shuraiya said:
I've been deceived; I came in here expecting to see something about an Atlus movie I somehow missed . . . how disappointing.


Well you are in luck! Atlas Shrugged Part 2 probably will not see the light of day. There is your news.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
mrstickball said:
The Terminator made a crapton of money. It wasn't just in the box office gross, but the fact that the movie still plays rather often today on TV. That means royalties. They made video games, arcade games, comic books and toys from the 1st and 2nd movies, which also means a lot of residual income. May not be able to track it, but think about how often you see DVDs and such available. They're there because they still sell.

I'd imagine that T-1 has probably made around $500m or greater just in royalties, ect.


Ayn Rand seems like someone that you would write a post about so I will post this to you.

Sadly this movie seems to have stuggled. After the rights of the book were bought up the owner decided to do the movie himself for 20 million dollars.

Domestic:  $4,627,375

It was just released on DVD and bluRay so maybe it will have a bigger following on the small screen.

If not then Part 2 may never see the light of day!

 

 

 

In fact here are some more problems for it now that it is on DVD, and it cost 10 million plus 10 million advertising.

 

Atlas Shrugged: Part I was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 8, 2011 by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.[27] More than 100,000 DVD inserts were recalled within days due to the jacket's philosophically incorrect description of "Ayn Rand’s timeless novel of courage and self-sacrifice


Unfortunately, a lot of people have a beef with the fact the movie was low-budget and in development limbo for so long. The original treatment was to have a lot more money and marketing behind it, with Angelina Jolie as Dangy Taggert.



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

i'm here the first time so don't kill me if i'm doing something wrong here with a movie posted weeks ago or so^^

pluto nash with eddy murphy

budget 100m
gross:4m

lol





crissindahouse said:
i'm here the first time so don't kill me if i'm doing something wrong here with a movie posted weeks ago or so^^

pluto nash with eddy murphy

budget 100m
gross:4m

lol




I am over joyed that you stopped in here to take a look!

 

Production Budget $100,000,000
Prints and Advertising Budget $20,000,000

So it cost 120 million in total.

 

 

Worldwide Box Office $7,094,995

US DVD rental gross of $24,983,000

Now that is not including DVD and BluRay sales or TV time, but it would have need to push out about 180 million just to break even! I know it was a joke, but it was a correct one. That movie has at least 50 years of re-runs before it makes some sort of cash.

Thanks for stopping by!



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

blkfish92 said:

What about Back to the Future, and yes I'm a fan boy.

 

-on that matter other 80s movies 


Just reading through this. You never voted in the 80's elimination game, but you like 80's movies?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Evil dead series ftw :O

 

Even though I only saw the third one...Army of Darkness *-*



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:

Evil dead series ftw :O

 

Even though I only saw the third one...Army of Darkness *-*

The Evil Dead      (NC-17)        

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $2,400,000    Budget $375,000
Foreign: $27,000,000
Worldwide: $29,400,000   

The Evil Dead 2

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $5,923,044

 

Army of Darkness

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $11,502,976
World wide $21,502,976

My Name is Bruce

Budget $1.5 million

Domestic Box Office $173,066

Bruce vs. Frankenstein Started filming last fall!

Check out Bubba Ho-Tep for more Bruce Campbell goodness!



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter