By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, I am gonna say it - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is in many ways much better than God of War 3

Player1x3 said:
disolitude said:
Both games put me to sleep thanks to static camer, boring button mashing gameplay and focus QTE/cutscenes. But since God of War 3 did what God of War does, I can't fault it. LoS on the other hand...freekin hate its existance in the castlevania universe.

Castlevanai is most certanly is not button mashing. Try to get trough first 3 bosses with it and see where you'll end up. And I hated the  the camera in the game too.

I tought you liked Castlevania games

No don't go there! Now disolitude goes on ranting about it..... he doesn't enjoy games anymore since 2001...

ot: I like Castlevania also better then GOW3

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Devil May Cry 3 is better than both those games...just saying

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

I couldn't disagree more. I really liked Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, but it's not in the same quality league as God of War III, nothing in the hack n' slash genre is imo. There's reasons God of War III has already become the best-selling game ever in its genre at almost 4.1m sold, has over 2,500,000 fans on Facebook groups and is the most critically acclaimed game in its genre ever (No, I'm not talking about its Metascore because Metacritic uses a fabricated weighting system and doesn't include every 'professional' review published), it's because God of War III is an incredible game that can only possibly be beat by the inevitable God of War IV.

Castlevania has some serious issues. I appreciated the graphics and the presentation overall but the gameplay feels quite shallow. The biggest problem is that the dodge button is the same as the block button and that bring all sorts of problems. If you're gonna rip off god of war at least do it properly. I haven't played God of War 3 specifically, but I doubt the combat has changed at all since GoW2, and Castlevania's combat doesn't hold a candle if that's the case.

But yeah Castlevania is a gorgeous game. GoW3 wasn't all that pretty to being with. Gameplay definitely needs work, though..

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

I disagree... I brought Castlevania early this year and I couldn't finish it yet because it is boring and the gameplay is slow/broke.

7/10 game for me.

Around the Network

OP: You mad?

I would disagree. I find Castlevania atmosphere to be quite bland and boring actually. Its still a decent game but I wouldnt say it's better than God of War 3.

GOW3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LOS

they match each other on music..love the soundtrack on both
combat - GOW3
Lead Character - GOW3
COmbat - GOW3 ...I mean seriously if you think it's the same deal in all gow games then you either haven't played all games or don't know what you're talking about. I found the combat in gow3 much much more fun as well
Atmosphere - GOW3..although LOS had some nice moments as well
Boss battles - EASILY GOW3
Story - preferred GOW3
Graphics - GOW3 bitch slaps LOS on this department

my view on this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

God of War

disolitude said:
Both games put me to sleep thanks to static camer, boring button mashing gameplay and focus QTE/cutscenes. But since God of War 3 did what God of War does, I can't fault it. LoS on the other hand...freekin hate its existance in the castlevania universe.

Dude I completely agree with you.LoS was released right after I finished playing Symphony  of the Night.

I loved SotN so much,that I rushed to the store and bought LoS.A few hours later,I couldn't believe just how much of a difference there is between the two.SotN is one of the best,if not THE best game ever made,while LoS feels like another average game,leaps and bounds behind the magic of the previous castlevania entries,let alone SotN.