By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What final fantasy game should I play?

you can download 7, 8 and 9 on psn. 7 is mine and the majority's favorite. 8 and 9 are both still great.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

I personally like the style of FFX so I'll play that. Crisis Core is the only one I've played(and beaten). I might get the sequel to XIII(what's it called again?) when I eventually get a HD console. BUt I came here to see what others would suggest the most. I'm gonna get FF:A2 and FFIV on my DS.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

forevercloud3000 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

to hell with it, get serious and start with this.

Oh God YES!!!!

After playing the best in the series by mas majority and sales, FFVII, you will hunger for much much more. I recommend first playing FFVII:CC for PSP(get one as its awesome). Then go and Watch FFVII Advent Children. From there only one thing can quell your thirst for more and that will be........DISSIDIA DUODECIM!!!!!!!

Dissidia's actually the one I wanna play the most! I beat Crisis Core and not only have I seen advent children, I've seen the 20 minute anime based on the ending of Crisis Core. SO basically, the only thing I know about FF is FFVII. But trust me, when people overhype a game before you play it, you don't enjoy it as much as you should have. Crisis Core underwhelmed me. However, I love its personal story. It was about Zack and his battle, not about some hero saving the whole world.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Iveyboi said:
Michael-5 said:
Iveyboi said:
Play In this Order:
1) FF7
2) FF9
3) FF10
4) FF6
5) FF4
6) FF13
7) FF12
8) FF8
9) FF5
10) FF3
11) FF2
12) FF1

You must play every single one...no lie

Wow really?....No...

It should be 6-7-9-4-5-8-2-X-13-12-1-3 (3 is weird being a NES game upgraded to 3D graphics).

That is a very respectible order. Only one I disagree with is X as I have a soft spot for that title. I did undervalue 6; my appoligies.

I totally dropped the ball as I missed Crisis Core for PSP (one of the best storylines ever). If you can look past the battle system the game is incredible. Also, try to fit FFX-2 near the bottom if you have time haha (I'm sure I will take heat for that one haha).

Yea, I'm making a PSP elimination game and Crisis Core is coming up high on the list. I don't own a PSP, but I trade my DS for one now and then, and I definatly should get it.

As for my order, I have a soft sport for FF2, and for a game of that time it is pretty epic. Overall though 13 is better, but only because cinematics were almost impossible on the NES, and yet FF2 has them lol.

Never was a fan of FFX. SPOILERS!!!! I hated fighting Seymour so many times, and I didn't like the concept of sending people to the other world by dancing, Tidus coming from a dreamworld, and Sin being remade continuosly by a very weak mage (was way too easy of a final boss). Only part I really liked was Auron, and how he was a ghost, and the battle system was fun. SPOILERS!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

you can try the FF classics in the PS3 or in the 3ds the remakes of FF III and IV.

Around the Network

so let me get this straight, you opened up a thread and asked for advice then ignored it all?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Buy Final Fantasy IX off PSN. It's the most critically acclaimed game in the series according to Metacritic and it's also the favorite FF game of the creator of the FF series.

Sorry Galvanizer, dude already made up his mind, this thread might as well be closed.

And am I the only one not saying "Play my favorite first!" I swear, my "play them in the order t hey came out" is the most rational and objective suggestion in the whole thread.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Sorry Galvanizer, dude already made up his mind, this thread might as well be closed.

And am I the only one not saying "Play my favorite first!" I swear, my "play them in the order t hey came out" is the most rational and objective suggestion in the whole thread.

He said he only wanted to play one FF game, so your suggestion isn't really valid. I think my reason is better as the FF9 has the most critical acclaim (according to Metacritic) and Sakaguchi said it's his ideal view of what a FFF game should be.

Galvanizer said:
Runa216 said:

He said he only wanted to play one FF game, so your suggestion isn't really valid. I think my reason is better as the FF9 has the most critical acclaim (according to Metacritic) and Sakaguchi said it's his ideal view of what a FFF game should be.

That may be true, but IX got a lot of undue hate from the fans becuase (and I quote), "It wasn't enough like Final Fantasy VII".  

And according to Gamrankings (it has the scores averaged to two decimal places, so I consider it a better review Aggregator), Final Fantasy VI is the best.  VI is also the second most fanboy'd game in the series next to VII.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX