By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What final fantasy game should I play?

Okay,I'm a ps3/360/3DS owner. I've never played a final fantasy game,but I want to play at least one just so I can say,that I played a final fantasy game. Which one is the best one,that can be played on any of the systems that I own? Should I just wait for another one to come out? thanks in advance.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX.The best one ever imo.

Mordred11 said:
Final Fantasy IX.The best one ever imo.

*looks at avatar* so what did you say? lol

If your DS can play GBA games then Final Fantasy VI, if not then any of the 3 PS1 games would be a good introduction to the series. VIII is my personal favourite

If your PS3 can play PS2 games and you can somehow find Final Fantasy X. I would start there, Other wise I would play 7, 8, 9. They are all great in their own ways. One thing about Final Fantasy is that each game has its own unique gameplay as far as stats, leveling and combat go. However since you are new to the franchise, you might want to try FF12 or FF13 as well.

Around the Network

buy a psp and play crisis core ^^
was the first ff I finished, anyway I would recommend ff XIII

I'm afraid there are no decent Final Fantasy for PS3/360/3DS yet, the last one XIII was a disaster. If you dont mind dated graphics, and I suppose your PS3 was not the launch version which are PS2 backward compatible, can try the PS1 classics, start with Final Fantasy IX, its graphics look the best among the 3.

For 3DS, can try Final Fantasy IV DS remake, FF III is just too ancient and only for fans. FF IV has one of the best story ever, with diverse class of characters to recruit from.

From what you posted here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4188021

Final Fantasy games may not be for you. They tend to be kind of slow.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

4,6,7,8,9,X....any of those will be a great starting point...and if you can get yourself a psp...crisis core

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

you cant really determine which is the best because we would sit here and argue all day about which FF everybody think's was the best

i personally think FF 7.

BUT i would say either go with final fantasy 10 or 9

i think final fantasy 9 is the easiest and most noob friendly final fantasy game(out of the 3d ps1 and ps2 ff games) but it's still hard though especially if you never played it before

ff 10 if you by chance have a BC ps3(most likely you dont)

or maybe you should just go with 13