By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Gears 3 Will Sell 6M Before 2012 Even Begins... What Do You Believe?

Munkeh111 said:
Nope, similar numbers to Gears 2 I reckon and that Gears console looks great, but too late for me as I just got myself a 360 S and it is really expensive in the UK, as it is not receiving the same discounts as the standard versions of the console

I'm sure the console will most likely receive discounts once it's released. Unless it sells out of course. ;-p I'd like to get one myself, but I just bought my Reach 360 S last year! I may end up getting one of the controllers (they look nice and have the new d-pad) since they are selling them separately, and Gears 3. I'm still tempted by that bundle though!

Oh, I forgot to put my prediction, I think it has a good chance at 6 million. Especially if MS has a 360 price cut to spur holiday sales, as many new 360 owners would probably pick up the game as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:
Nope, similar numbers to Gears 2 I reckon and that Gears console looks great, but too late for me as I just got myself a 360 S and it is really expensive in the UK, as it is not receiving the same discounts as the standard versions of the console

so effectively gears 3 will sell worse than gears 2?  seeing as how gears 3 will have much longer to achieve the gears 2 level of sales.

Gears 3 - Sept 20th

Gears 2 - Nov 7th

odd prediction... the same sales for G3 with an extra 6 or 7 weeks of availability before year end?

Similar, probably a little better, I forgot that Gears released in November last time, but I don't really expect the 3rd game to pick up many new fans. The 2nd game was so good, I don't really see what the 3rd will do to convince those who didn't want 2

Hmm, hard to say. It's trending slightly below Halo Reach in terms of preorders in North America. Its EMEAA performance is probably going to be the determining factor. I'd say it'll just edge out 6 million by the end of the year.

:edit: Although there is one other thing to consider. Last year at least some of Reach's success came from 360 flying high from the redesign and Kinect. Most indications suggest that there won't be anything like that this year so 360's overall sales might impact this games holiday performance. Although I still think it will beat 6 million, but it'll probably be really close.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

5 millionish prediction myself.

it will need a stellar december

what is it a 4m 10 week game,so it will be tough to get 6m by 2012

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

4 million before 2012

Yeah your right it will. Pre-orders alone are at almost 2 million in NA not to mention what other sales from the rest of the world will be. Launch week is going to be around 4 million WW and that would require only 2 million more sold throughout the holidays. Should be pretty easy actually.

Yep it should easily do that IMO.

5 million

BenVTrigger said:
Yeah your right it will. Pre-orders alone are at almost 2 million in NA not to mention what other sales from the rest of the world will be. Launch week is going to be around 4 million WW and that would require only 2 million more sold throughout the holidays. Should be pretty easy actually.

4m week 1,are you sure about that

Above & Beyond