By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 CONFIRMED to be coming to the Xbox 360 a year later (gametrailers)

It IS still a rumor -- but I'm surprised people still deny that MGS4 360 will happen. It's economics. Even if it sold better lifetime on Sony with a one-year head start, it will be a BOATLOAD SHITTON AMOUNT OF MONEY as well on 360, potentially much more with 360 dominance in the U.S., where Metal Gear is king.

Anyone who still think MGS 360 is impossible needs some history lessons.

The hardware is not an issue. That's why it's called a PORT -- it won't be a carbon copy, but a translation of the game to run on a new system. And it's seemed obvious since the beginning that it would be about a year for the new version to emerge, just like EVERY game in the solid series so far.

VF is a garbage example because Americans don't care about it on any platform. And yeah, it came out with no competition on the Playstation.

Around the Network
URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

the 360 version may indeed not sell more, but the possibility of one will be more than enough to hinder any success the PS3 version could achieve.

On another thought...

Even an acclaimed game like Bioshock was limited in its sales by its approach towards the FPS genre, it simply didn't appeal to as many as a game like Halo did. No matter how good MGS4 is don't think a franchise which barely sold a million with it last installment (MGS3) can break records with the fourth.

I have a feeling we'll be somewhat dissapointed with MGS4's reception.

MGS3:Substinence the re-release sold 1 million, MGS3:Snake Eater (the original game) sold 4 million

Ah, oh well, we will see then.

How could you not know mgs3 substinence was a  re release??? how could you not know that.. im not trying to be rude or anything but this is why i never pay attention to what you say..... this is why people shouldnt comment on stuff that they have no clue on whatsoever.... im not saying that everyone knew that but come on if you're not familiar with the MGS series then why comment?? fanboyism at its finest boy i'll tell ya...

My memory on the issue was clouded because of comment Kojima made about MGS3 barely selling one million. I later remembered after seeing those numbers that he was talking about NA sales. Sorry for the mix up. But with such a small userbase you'll still be facing problems.

URNote, I'm sorry you feel my one mistake ruins all my credibility, but the fact remains none of the PS3's titles have been instant million sellers, it has conditional and slow climb million sellers.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

the 360 version may indeed not sell more, but the possibility of one will be more than enough to hinder any success the PS3 version could achieve.

On another thought...

Even an acclaimed game like Bioshock was limited in its sales by its approach towards the FPS genre, it simply didn't appeal to as many as a game like Halo did. No matter how good MGS4 is don't think a franchise which barely sold a million with it last installment (MGS3) can break records with the fourth.

MGS3:Substinence the re-release sold 1 million, MGS3:Snake Eater (the original game) sold 4 million

How could you not know mgs3 substinence was a  re release??? how could you not know that.. im not trying to be rude or anything but this is why i never pay attention to what you say..... this is why people shouldnt comment on stuff that they have no clue on whatsoever.... im not saying that everyone knew that but come on if you're not familiar with the MGS series then why comment?? fanboyism at its finest boy i'll tell ya...

My memory on the issue was clouded because of comment Kojima made about MGS3 barely selling one million. I later remembered after seeing those numbers that he was talking about NA sales. Sorry for the mix up. But with such a small userbase you'll still be facing problems.

your memory was clouded (sarcasm) yea okay lol

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

"""
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

On another thought...

How could you not know mgs3 substinence was a re release??? how could you not know that.. im not trying to be rude or anything but this is why i never pay attention to what you say..... this is why people shouldnt comment on stuff that they have no clue on whatsoever.... im not saying that everyone knew that but come on if you're not familiar with the MGS series then why comment?? fanboyism at its finest boy i'll tell ya...
"""

==> thx for this beautifull counter

Time to Work !

URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

On another thought...

Let's hope you never make a mistake then. MGS3 was released before I started following the game world, you'll forgive me if its sales numbers aren't fresh on my mind. Either way, if beating this single issue is all the ammunition you have then I think's its fair to assume you're just looking for someone to attack out of your frustration of this rumor possibly being true.

I'm always waiting for a counter to the million seller issue on the PS3.

Something tries to tell me you're trying to dodge the worrisome issues facing MGS4 by making an example of me. I wonder if a now almost entirely casual japanese market will flock to this game in the numbers we've seen in the past. I'm sure Europe will support this game with open arms, America though... America is still Wii60 country.

Around the Network

@GGE

Both Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 sold 1M on the PS3 in about a month. If your calling Uncharted a "fast selling potential million seller" then AC and CoD4 are fast selling million sellers.

By fast seller, I mean in a week's time which is what MGS4 will have to pull to show any promise on the PS3.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
URNotE said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

On another thought...

Let's hope you never make a mistake then. MGS3 was released before I started following the game world, you'll forgive me if its sales numbers aren't fresh on my mind. Either way, if beating this single issue is all the ammunition you have then I think's its fair to assume you're just looking for someone to attack out of your frustration of this rumor possibly being true.

I'm always waiting for a counter to the million seller issue on the PS3.

if you'll scan the forums you will notice that i have not said one word on whether this is true or not.. it just grinds my gears when people start throwing out numbers and they dont have a clue as to what they are talking about..  and dont let my post count fool you.. ive been apart of this site long enough to know that you are the ps3's number 1 hater and will basically say anything out your ass to make it look bad Gzballack....

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

If it has a WW launch then it will easily sell 1M first week.

Minimum sales:

Japan: 250K NA: 450K Others:300K

Maximium sales:

Japan: 350K NA:650K Others:500K

I have no doubt it'll come to the 360. The other games did, why not this one. Though it will sell better on PS3 since at least every 360 owner I know doesn't care for MGS.

Yes