By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 CONFIRMED to be coming to the Xbox 360 a year later (gametrailers)

@GGE

have you even looked at the sales of MGS 1 2 and 3? How is that not selling well?

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

the 360 version may indeed not sell more, but the possibility of one will be more than enough to hinder any success the PS3 version could achieve.

On another thought...

Even an acclaimed game like Bioshock was limited in its sales by its approach towards the FPS genre, it simply didn't appeal to as many as a game like Halo did. No matter how good MGS4 is don't think a franchise which barely sold a million with it last installment (MGS3) can break records with the fourth.

I have a feeling we'll be somewhat dissapointed with MGS4's reception.

MGS3:Substinence the re-release sold 1 million, MGS3:Snake Eater (the original game) sold 4 million

Ah, oh well, we will see then.

@Stats87

RE 4 for PS2

@mr-money

Paid Big??? Desperate last act???? please look at ps3 and xbox360 sales data before you even bring up dumb things like that. The Last thing I heard MS game division is making a profit while SCE is loosing huge money, Look MGS4 might be huge but when the user base isnt there and cost production is astronical, MS does not need to bring in the same amount of money deal to get konami porting the game when right now they are making good progress even without some huge franchise support.

Well lets see if MGS4 can live up to the sales of its predicessors on a significantly smaller userbase. Time will tell.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Ah, oh well, we will see then.

Maybe just stick to hentai related threads. You really have no idea about consoles... actually you even don't own one. Just DS.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Even if it does. look at VF5 getting the same treatment.

PS3: 450k
360: 100k

And that's is low profile compared to MGS4. I think that it will be an even more staggering diff between the two for a year difference.

Also, if we can't even get a release date for the PS3 version yet, how do they know the 360 version will be out a year later?

VF5 was a complete pile of crap which released to a very sparse PS3 library and a very saturated Xbox 360 library. 

"""the 360 version may indeed not sell more, but the possibility of one will be more than enough to hinder any success the PS3 version could achieve. """

==> untrue
since it will be delayed by 1 year ...
the 1 year exclusivity is like a total exclusivity
if someone really want to play MGS4 he will not wait 1 year !

"""Even an acclaimed game like Bioshock was limited in its sales by its approach towards the FPS genre, it simply didn't appeal to as many as a game like Halo did..
"""

==> the FPS style is a part of the gameplay
it is not a total SWITCH to 100% FPS style gameplay
and MGS4 story will not suffer from this

"""No matter how good MGS4 is don't think a franchise which barely sold a million with it last installment (MGS3) can break records with the fourth"""

==> you can also compare it to MGS2, the first MGS of the PS2 since MGS4 is the first MGS of the PS3

Time to Work !

TheBigFatJ said:

VF5 was a complete pile of crap which released to a very sparse PS3 library and a very saturated Xbox 360 library.

Saturated? You meant DoA, I guess? VF5 is one of the best fighting game out there and they added online for X360 - they should just release an upgrade for PS3. 

I dont think userbase effects the sales of MGS4. Because it is a very hardcore game, so it should sell similar to the other games, roughly 4M. Depending on reviews.

You guys have to admit this time the changes of this "rumor" being true is much bigger, at least I can't recall GT ever earlier bring it as news. It might be true, it might be false, but I also think that the Ps3 fanboys have to stop calling people stupid for believing it. This time it seems more likely than ever.