By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 CONFIRMED to be coming to the Xbox 360 a year later (gametrailers)

Wonder of all of this rumours will make the Ps3 version sell less.

Around the Network

Yes, its a pending type of thing. I agree that if MGS4 doesnt hit 1,000,000 within two weeks the 360 port would be inevitable regardless of whether or not it is planned as of now.

However, I doubt that will happen. Its Sony's top gun for the year. It will get advertised like hell, in every region. If it sells well, that will also serve as a good argument for Final Fantasy to remain exclusive.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Glad to see it going to a console more people will play it on.

Kojima isn't a credible source on anything. He claimed MGS2-3 would be the last MGS games and for each game claimed no pre-rendering was used in demo scenes when in fact they were pre-rendered cut scenes.

Kojima likes to brag and exaggerate, he said MGS4 could never be done on the 360 then in a podcast one of his insiders said that Kojima admitted it could easily be done on either console.

ooooooooooooooooh boy

I'm waiting for a sign that this is sarcasm, but alas, I cannot find it

All I can say is Yes! I can't wait. Seriously though, Konami can't sell at least 2 million copies of this game, I will say it will definitely be ported over to the 360.

If you talk to any gamer on the street they'll tell you they believe its comming to the 360 eventually. These rumors will very much hurt MGS4's sales.

If there honestly are no plans to put in on the 360, the rumors will make it happen one way or another. And to think if only the PS3 could have been sold at $400 at launch this would have never happened. 

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
If you talk to any gamer on the street they'll tell you they believe its comming to the 360 eventually. These rumors will very much hurt MGS4's sales.

How? Because X360 users will wait for the port?

krik said:
xboxfamily.com ROFL.

Why will 360 users stop crying and posting rumors about MGS4 and FFXIII being PS3's exclusives? Do you see PS3 users crying about Halo or Gears of War? Of course not.
So, all 360 users have 2 options: live without those games or buy a PS3 and play the most anticipated games for 2008: MGS4, FFXIII, GoW 3, LBP and KZ2. $399 is actually a small price to pay to play all those games ;)

let's see, $400 for a PS3, $60 for each of the games you mentioned ($60 * 5) = $300, so a total of $700. Heck yeah, I think $399 is a small price to pay to play all those games ;)  You'll sell all that for $399?  Just joking with ya.

Can I be shown one example ever where the port that arrived 6 months - 1 year after sold well?

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Thats good for a laugh.

The rumors will very much do nothing, MGS4 will come with all its hype and glory and easily sale millions. Gamers wont wait +1year for a inferior version of a game.

I could see it happening but I still think its a rumor.

Even if it were true who really wants to wait another year to play one of the most anticipated sequels.