By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 CONFIRMED to be coming to the Xbox 360 a year later (gametrailers)

Even if it does. look at VF5 getting the same treatment.

PS3: 450k
360: 100k

And that's is low profile compared to MGS4. I think that it will be an even more staggering diff between the two for a year difference.

Also, if we can't even get a release date for the PS3 version yet, how do they know the 360 version will be out a year later?

Around the Network

DKII Trolling? No I never troll, and never shall. According to the article this is not a roumer, but mis read were it said allegedly, lock the thread if you wish.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

krik said:
xboxfamily.com ROFL.

Why will 360 users stop crying and posting rumors about MGS4 and FFXIII being PS3's exclusives? Do you see PS3 users crying about Halo or Gears of War? Of course not.
So, all 360 users have 2 options: live without those games or buy a PS3 and play the most anticipated games for 2008: MGS4, FFXIII, GoW 3, LBP and KZ2. $399 is actually a small price to pay to play all those games ;)

Possibly because those games aren't third party?

If MGS4 sells like crap on the PS3, you will probably see a port. Seeing as how I do not see this happening, I'm not expecting it for 360. Plus, who would really want the multi-disc DVD version?

I bet these "confirmed" rumors keep popping up because 360 lovers just want to confuse people and detract sales away from the game.

Glad to see it going to a console more people will play it on.

Kojima isn't a credible source on anything. He claimed MGS2-3 would be the last MGS games and for each game claimed no pre-rendering was used in demo scenes when in fact they were pre-rendered cut scenes.

Kojima likes to brag and exaggerate, he said MGS4 could never be done on the 360 then in a podcast one of his insiders said that Kojima admitted it could easily be done on either console.

Around the Network

People just don't learn do they, as if there weren't enough MGS4 to 360 rumors before.

Its this simple - there is a contract, MGS4 is a exclusive.

zackblue said:
@krik

This is clearly not a roumer, Gametrailers has it as CONFIRMED.

Sorry, but it's a rumor. The same web site that started the rumors is also claiming it's not a rumor. This does not make it any less of a rumor.

Also you say for us to keep reading but you're the one that need to read the whole ~20 lines article since the article says:  "Though unconfirmed, the rumor makes sense."

They clearly call it a rumor and on top of that call it uncorfirmed. The only thing that amazes me is that they actually think this makes sense (translation : they wish it will happen) when we've all heard Konami say it is a PS3 exclusive... oh well.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

shhhh, take your logic somewhere else

If it got released for 360 a year after the PS3, the sales in Japan would be abysmal, Europe would be marginally better and North America would be ok. I would be surprised if the 360 port sold over a million

The contract for exclusivity is ony for a limited period of time and the president of Konami has made numerous comments that the game would have to be put on another platform to recoup development costs.

TheBigFatJ said:

This rumor doesn't have a lot of credibility right now, but if it was true a year wouldn't be a big deal at all. Few people would pay $460 to play this game a year earlier than they could for $60. Especially considering the 360's current library.

I think very few people would pay $460 to play one game in general... Most of guys out there won't know about the port... It's obvious Konami won't confirm it. BTW I believe X360 users wouldn't embrace this game with excitement it deserves.  They want to believe it's not that good