By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 project

^^

Thank you very much for the translation

Around the Network

Nice, still need to get Uncharted: Drake's Fortune though.

That's a pretty bad translation, but it makes the point that Uncharted will soon be upon us again.

DMeisterJ said:
That's a pretty bad translation, but it makes the point that Uncharted will soon be upon us again.

Just bable fish

Do Naughty Dog only work on one game at a time?

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

They say that they do but Insomniac also said that and then were found out to be working on both Ratchet & Clank and Resistance 2 at the same time.

I wouldn't be surprised for Jak & Daxter to be fall 08 and Uncharted 2 to be fall 09.

I can believe that jhlennon1.

And the fact that the PS3 is hungry for some carry-over franchises from the PS2.

jhlennon1 said:
tombi123 said:

They say that they do but Insomniac also said that and then were found out to be working on both Ratchet & Clank and Resistance 2 at the same time.

I wouldn't be surprised for Jak & Daxter to be fall 08 and Uncharted 2 to be fall 09.

I think Naughty Dog is a smaller studio; according to that interview, Baldestra looks after 75 people, so you assume that is the size of their studo, although he could look after half and Evan Wells could look after the other half. According to the insomniac website they employ 145 staff, which would explain why they can produce their games faster.

To produce Uncharted, ND had a team of 5 guys working on it for a year, followed by two years of full production. evan Wells has stated that he says they will have the same pattern of dev times as on the PS2, which is 2 years, then 1 year, then 1 year. so I would expect Jak out in 09, and Uncharted 2 in 2010

Wow. Thats really fantastic. I think its due to the new leadership of Kazou Hirai and Phil harrison.

At least those guys know which games should be continued :).

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

That's good news... well, here is another translation, not perfect but... That's a good exercise to improve my english skills

By the way, this is my first post here (even if I read all your crazy predictions about the console wars for quite a long time ^_^) so, hello everybody !

LCI.fr : When you finish the creative process of a game, don't you feel some blues ?

C. B. : No, As I came to talk about Uncharted in France. I think the game has some depht within its story which could be appreciated across Europe. Moreover, we will soon start working on a sequel. For that, we have to stand back and throw a fresh glance on the game to see in which direction we should push it. Anyway, the background is there, it's rich... therefore, there is potential for a new enthralling title. Even better.