By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Video) GoldenEye 007: Reloaded

All those guns.. that's not Bond.. Whatever happend to the James Bond who shagged his way to the enemy..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Legally, I wonder why Nintendo is allowing this.

As a game player, I hope they fix the bugs found in the Wii version. It's annoying to do well in a match just to faze through the ground and die.

i think people overestimate the power Ninty has over the Goldeneye games, Activision bought the rights to it. and Rare owns the original game which they are owned by MS anyway. So i dont think Ninty could have stopped them if they wanted too. Probably another reason we have not seen the original on VC. Ouch on fazing into the ground, i have never had that problem, what i hate is when your kicking ass and some little hater quits the match and you lose all your xp, and we need more maps, and spawn points suck and where is the voice chat?!

oniyide said:
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:
Hmm. I already have the better Perfect Dark HD and Halo. Why would I pay this amount for this?

Because this game is better??? But really, this is an insane price. And im a huge fan of this game

I was a huge Goldeneye fan, but when I bought Perfect Dark on the N64 it was better in every way. It had better multiplayer maps, better story and better level design. It was Goldeneye on steroids. So the fact i can buy for a rediculous price a game that after playing on Wii is inferior to Perfect Dark still is rediculous. 

1 The name Goldeneye 007 imo is misused and hurts the old Goldeneye image in the way this whole remake of this game has been handled. It's not bad, but it's not great. To be honest Perfect Dark HD remake is better online than Goldeneye 007 Wii. So this game gives me no excitement whatsoever.

2 Unfortunately we will never get a decent Perfect Dark 2. Because 1 thing Microsoft did that I hated was waste all Rares amazing First Party titles. 

3 Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.

4 In the PS1 day Conker, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark were all First Party Franchises that Rare had that many people and reviewers considered better than anything Sony had. And Microsoft bought them at a good time. If only they had known that they would be 2nd place this gen, they may just have bolstered the talent at Rare. 

Still, thats by the by.

1 dont really agree with this, yeah Rouge Agent was lame, but i liked the Wii game for what it was. But seeing as i have not played the Perfect Dark HD game, i cannot say which is better. But to be fair its not like Wii has the best online structure anyway, not fair to compare it to probably the best online out there.

2. Didnt they have a Perfect Dark game at launch?? Since people act like it doesnt exist im just gonna assume it wasnt that good, or Halo 3 overshadowed it. But yeah they wasted Rare

3 probably

4 im not gonna lie those Rare games were great, except Killer instint, i hated that game. But lets be real here it didnt really help N64 did it? It still got the crap kicked out of it by PS1

2. Yeah it was a prequel. And Microsoft didnt bolster the talent at Rare by hiring really talented devs for the studio. They just left it pretty much as they bought it from Ninty which was minus some of the great devs that worked there in the N64 days.

4. Ps1 beat out the N64 due to many more third party games. Many many more in fact. Even then N64 wasnt thrashed in sales. It was Rares titles that held it up along with Nnity. 

graphic's arn't that good but the game can be seen. if its onpoint i'll buy.

NiKKoM said:
All those guns.. that's not Bond.. Whatever happend to the James Bond who shagged his way to the enemy..

this game is based on the N64 version, so i think your refurring to is the movie bond.

on the N64 version on somstages the enemies never stoped coming.

i'm really looking for the multiplayer, as thats where the original shined. 

Around the Network
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:
Hmm. I already have the better Perfect Dark HD and Halo. Why would I pay this amount for this?

Because this game is better??? But really, this is an insane price. And im a huge fan of this game

I was a huge Goldeneye fan, but when I bought Perfect Dark on the N64 it was better in every way. It had better multiplayer maps, better story and better level design. It was Goldeneye on steroids. So the fact i can buy for a rediculous price a game that after playing on Wii is inferior to Perfect Dark still is rediculous. 

The name Goldeneye 007 imo is misused and hurts the old Goldeneye image in the way this whole remake of this game has been handled. It's not bad, but it's not great. To be honest Perfect Dark HD remake is better online than Goldeneye 007 Wii. So this game gives me no excitement whatsoever.

Unfortunately we will never get a decent Perfect Dark 2. Because 1 thing Microsoft did that I hated was waste all Rares amazing First Party titles. 

Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.

In the PS1 day Conker, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark were all First Party Franchises that Rare had that many people and reviewers considered better than anything Sony had. And Microsoft bought them at a good time. If only they had known that they would be 2nd place this gen, they may just have bolstered the talent at Rare. 

Still, thats by the by.

gaming died after the5th gen ended, and has never truely been reborn.

Well,I'm going to buy this game,plus one is sales.

selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:

The name Goldeneye 007 imo is misused and hurts the old Goldeneye image in the way this whole remake of this game has been handled. It's not bad, but it's not great. To be honest Perfect Dark HD remake is better online than Goldeneye 007 Wii. So this game gives me no excitement whatsoever.

Unfortunately we will never get a decent Perfect Dark 2. Because 1 thing Microsoft did that I hated was waste all Rares amazing First Party titles. 

Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.

In the PS1 day Conker, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark were all First Party Franchises that Rare had that many people and reviewers considered better than anything Sony had. And Microsoft bought them at a good time. If only they had known that they would be 2nd place this gen, they may just have bolstered the talent at Rare. 

Still, thats by the by.

''Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.''

Of course they could Selnor. I mean JUST LOOK at Rare's INCREDIBLE output the LAST TEN YEARS! I'm 100% with you that a company who can produce AAA titles like these could easily destroy what the less talented Naughty Dog, Guerrila, Santa Monica, Ico Team  and the rest could manage!

Conker's Bad Fur Day Nintendo 64 Rare 2001
Star Fox Adventures Nintendo GameCube Nintendo 2002
Grabbed by the Ghoulies Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2003
Conker: Live & Reloaded Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Kameo: Elements of Power Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Viva Piñata Xbox 360Microsoft Windows Microsoft Game Studios 2006
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Kinect Sports Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2010
Kinect Sports: Season Two Xbox 360 Microsoft Studios 2011

Sony would've been doomed!

/s

(only console releases are shown above and also no remakes)

Dr.Grass said:
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:

Still, thats by the by.

''Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.''

Of course they could Selnor. I mean JUST LOOK at Rare's INCREDIBLE output the LAST TEN YEARS! I'm 100% with you that a company who can produce AAA titles like these could easily destroy what the less talented Naughty Dog, Guerrila, Santa Monica, Ico Team  and the rest could manage!

Conker's Bad Fur Day Nintendo 64 Rare 2001
Star Fox Adventures Nintendo GameCube Nintendo 2002
Grabbed by the Ghoulies Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2003
Conker: Live & Reloaded Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Kameo: Elements of Power Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Viva Piñata Xbox 360Microsoft Windows Microsoft Game Studios 2006
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Kinect Sports Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2010
Kinect Sports: Season Two Xbox 360 Microsoft Studios 2011

Sony would've been doomed!

/s

(only console releases are shown above and also no remakes)

hey i like Kinect Sports!

oniyide said:
Thechalkblock said:
Looks mostly the same as the Wii one, but that's a good thing because the Wii one is great.

Now more people will get the chance to play a great game!

its so nice to see someone glad that a good game is going multiplat so more people can enjoy it. Instead of this whole "acti beytrayed us" nonsense with no concrete argument to back it up

word