By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Video) GoldenEye 007: Reloaded

Dr.Grass said:
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:
Hmm. I already have the better Perfect Dark HD and Halo. Why would I pay this amount for this?

Because this game is better??? But really, this is an insane price. And im a huge fan of this game

I was a huge Goldeneye fan, but when I bought Perfect Dark on the N64 it was better in every way. It had better multiplayer maps, better story and better level design. It was Goldeneye on steroids. So the fact i can buy for a rediculous price a game that after playing on Wii is inferior to Perfect Dark still is rediculous. 

The name Goldeneye 007 imo is misused and hurts the old Goldeneye image in the way this whole remake of this game has been handled. It's not bad, but it's not great. To be honest Perfect Dark HD remake is better online than Goldeneye 007 Wii. So this game gives me no excitement whatsoever.

Unfortunately we will never get a decent Perfect Dark 2. Because 1 thing Microsoft did that I hated was waste all Rares amazing First Party titles. 

Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.

In the PS1 day Conker, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark were all First Party Franchises that Rare had that many people and reviewers considered better than anything Sony had. And Microsoft bought them at a good time. If only they had known that they would be 2nd place this gen, they may just have bolstered the talent at Rare. 

Still, thats by the by.

''Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.''

Of course they could Selnor. I mean JUST LOOK at Rare's INCREDIBLE output the LAST TEN YEARS! I'm 100% with you that a company who can produce AAA titles like these could easily destroy what the less talented Naughty Dog, Guerrila, Santa Monica, Ico Team  and the rest could manage!

Conker's Bad Fur Day Nintendo 64 Rare 2001
Star Fox Adventures Nintendo GameCube Nintendo 2002
Grabbed by the Ghoulies Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2003
Conker: Live & Reloaded Xbox Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Kameo: Elements of Power Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2005
Viva Piñata Xbox 360Microsoft Windows Microsoft Game Studios 2006
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2008
Kinect Sports Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Studios 2010
Kinect Sports: Season Two Xbox 360 Microsoft Studios 2011

Sony would've been doomed!

/s

(only console releases are shown above and also no remakes)

I'm sorry either you cant read or you choose to be ignorant to what I 'ACTUALLY' posted.

Read again and you wouldnt have posted your silly last 10 years chart. 

Around the Network
selnor said:
Dr.Grass said:
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:
Hmm. I already have the better Perfect Dark HD and Halo. Why would I pay this amount for this?

Because this game is better??? But really, this is an insane price. And im a huge fan of this game

I was a huge Goldeneye fan, but when I bought Perfect Dark on the N64 it was better in every way. It had better multiplayer maps, better story and better level design. It was Goldeneye on steroids. So the fact i can buy for a rediculous price a game that after playing on Wii is inferior to Perfect Dark still is rediculous. 

The name Goldeneye 007 imo is misused and hurts the old Goldeneye image in the way this whole remake of this game has been handled. It's not bad, but it's not great. To be honest Perfect Dark HD remake is better online than Goldeneye 007 Wii. So this game gives me no excitement whatsoever.

Unfortunately we will never get a decent Perfect Dark 2. Because 1 thing Microsoft did that I hated was waste all Rares amazing First Party titles. 

Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.

In the PS1 day Conker, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark were all First Party Franchises that Rare had that many people and reviewers considered better than anything Sony had. And Microsoft bought them at a good time. If only they had known that they would be 2nd place this gen, they may just have bolstered the talent at Rare. 

Still, thats by the by.

''Microsoft could quite easily destroy Sonys first party lineup if they had used Rare in the right way.''

Of course they could Selnor. I mean JUST LOOK at Rare's INCREDIBLE output the LAST TEN YEARS! I'm 100% with you that a company who can produce AAA titles like these could easily destroy what the less talented Naughty Dog, Guerrila, Santa Monica, Ico Team  and the rest could manage!

/s

I'm sorry either you cant read or you choose to be ignorant to what I 'ACTUALLY' posted.

Why? Because the quality of their software over the last decade has nooooothing to do with the potential 'Sony killers' they could easily pump out right? 

You are the one who aren't thinking this through.

Dr.Grass said:
selnor said:
Dr.Grass said:
selnor said:
oniyide said:
selnor said:

Still, thats by the by.

/s

Why? Because the quality of their software over the last decade has nooooothing to do with the potential 'Sony killers' they could easily pump out right? 

You are the one who aren't thinking this through.

No because I posted if you read it again, when Microosoft bought Rare they didnt 'Bolster' the talent. If they had replaced the talented devs there and built the studio to continue on the work they produced for Nintendo then yes Microsoft First Party would easily have been humoungous. 

Many Rare guys left and Microsoft left it as it was, then turned it into a Avatar and Kinect Studio. so the games you posted are completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

Again read my actual post.