By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - US Store Target Is Reporting Big Demand In Sales For Nintendo 3DS Since Price Drop

Tagged games:

Industry Gamers were able to score an exclusive interview with a spokesperson for US retail chain Target. Apparently sales for the Nintendo 3DS have risen substantially since Nintendo ushered in the price drop on August 12th. Targets biggest selling game at the moment is the fantastic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

"We’re pleased with the increased sales results from the 3DS price-cut. The top selling game at Target is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D."

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/08/17/nintendo-3ds-us-store-target-is-reporting-big-demand-in-sales-for-nintendo-3ds-since-price-drop/

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

good news

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

nice.

good to here

Nintendo's back to there winning ways for now.

Around the Network

Go nintedo all the way up to the top!

Switch!!!

I wonder how undertracked last week 3DS numbers are on VGC.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
I wonder how undertracked last week 3DS numbers are on VGC.

Unless it sold about 40,000 alone in target and the rest everywhere else.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Nintendo's back to there winning ways for now.

Yes, for now! :D

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

A sales boost is given. How sustained the boost will be is the more important question.

I think $200 is an important threshold for handhelds, so it's good that Nintendo is on the right side of that line again. What they need is some seriously killer software to seize the momentum.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.