By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why aren't Sony exclusives/software selling anywhere close to Xbox360?

snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

The week Black Ops was bundled, PS3 saw a hardware increase of 18% in Americas only. It did not see an increase the week on InFamous 2 or E3, don't tell me Call of Duty bundles don't matter. When the difference is 3% they do. Everything else you said just makes no sense.

THEY DO MATTER BUT JUST SHORT TERM like any other bundles.like the ones 360 got with GTA,HALO,GEARS,etc throughout this gen

stop nitpicking.

Just because 360 has good shooters that sell and except for Uncharted PS3 shooters don't, doesn't mean 360 lack diversification. It just means that shooter fans prefer 360, but the games are still diverse.

not saying 360 lacks diversification,its just that 360 isn't as diverse as PS3 and its sales aren't as spread over.

again stop concentrating on one single detail of what i say.

What trends are you talking about? You claimed PS3 software is higher, yet you were the one ignoring the trend where 360 sells considerably more software in the holidays. 2010 360 software was stronger :P. I proved you wrong and said what I had to say, don't intend on arguing with you further.

sure it does

each console has its times but that is also how much the gap between 360 and PS3 holidays sales was 3 years ago,what was it 2 eyars ago and what was it last year.you can just look at the gaps of COD games.

u didn't prove shit wrong.

i was debating whether 360 sells better on holidays or not,just that the gap is getting small and when we look ta the whole year the 360 doesn't have that much more in the holidays that will compensate the lower sales full year long

Software bundling does matter, for short term yes? Stop nitpicking? The difference between PS3 and 360 software sales is 3%! You stop nitpicking, or at least make a fair annual comparision. You know 360 software is > PS3 in Q3 and Q4, so stop making silly claims.

As for diversification, 360 has just as much or more then Sony. RPG's exclusives sell better on 360 too. 360 also has more racing games, party games, and generally more exclusives of every genre. Sales might be focused on Shooters, RPG's, Party games, and Racing games, but that's only because many of 360's shooters, racing games, RPG's and Party games sell over 5 million units, some well over. How many PS3 exclusives have cross that barrier? PS3's diversification lies in games which sell around 1 million units, and 360 has just as diverse of a selection at that sales point. You point thus makes no sense.

As for proving you wrong, you said PS3 software is greater then 360 software. It isn't, you were wrong and I showed you that. PS3 software may become greater in the future, but you said in the present PS3 software is greater, which is wrong. Yes PS3 is 1,500 more sales now, but Gears of War 3 alone will make up for the difference, nevermind the typically noticably higher sales 360 has in fall. 360 software will be greater in 2011, just like it has been every single year.

As for other trends, let's actually take a look. MW1 sold 50% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well there was also 76% more 360's on the market then PS3's at the time (thanks to the head start 360 had). MW2 sold 35.8% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well at the time there were only 15.4% more 360's then PS3s. Account for the difference in consoles and well MW2 sold 9% more units per console on 360 then MW1 did.

Ahh, now you see, the trends do not support you.

Other Trends, The sales difference for AC: Brotherhood is larger then AC2, despite the hardware difference being smaller. This would imply that software is increasing more on 360. This story also holds for Fallout, Battlefield, and others.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
rf40928 said:
kickazz113 said:
LordMatrix said:
RolStoppable said:
Mainly because Sony's lineup is built on diversity while Microsoft chooses to brainwash people with their marketing.

LOL Yeah keep telling yourself that. Microsoft`s exlusives are just more popular usually. Most Xbox exclusives have a much larger community attached to them. If you enjoy online play you likely are an Xbox gamer.  Gears, Halo & Forza are some big one`s that come to mind but when even games like Fable use online features in unique ways can you really blame users for flocking to them?

loloolol the only popular game xbox got is halo so all u saying is wrong. and really??? last time i checked no one even go on forza

The proof is here at this webiste... look at games that really matter.. the ones that really sell.. those are the top 10 games each year on each console.. the top 10 games are the ones that sell.. Top ten 360 games OWN Top ten PS3... MAny of the top 10 games on each console and multiplatform.. LIKE COD... Ilike Fanboys like you say Halo is all 360 has.. but Halo sold as many copies  as COD on PS3 ( and COD was PS3's best seller !) ..The same  COD on 360  sold millions more then COD on PS3... Anyone looking at the top 10 cant deny the numbers dont lie

im talking about exclusive, dude if you xbox fanboys dont understand then dont bother to reply the only popular exclusive is halo, see?? other xbox EXCLUSIVE dont sell as much as u xbox fanboy said

Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

The week Black Ops was bundled, PS3 saw a hardware increase of 18% in Americas only. It did not see an increase the week on InFamous 2 or E3, don't tell me Call of Duty bundles don't matter. When the difference is 3% they do. Everything else you said just makes no sense.

THEY DO MATTER BUT JUST SHORT TERM like any other bundles.like the ones 360 got with GTA,HALO,GEARS,etc throughout this gen

stop nitpicking.

Just because 360 has good shooters that sell and except for Uncharted PS3 shooters don't, doesn't mean 360 lack diversification. It just means that shooter fans prefer 360, but the games are still diverse.

not saying 360 lacks diversification,its just that 360 isn't as diverse as PS3 and its sales aren't as spread over.

What trends are you talking about? You claimed PS3 software is higher, yet you were the one ignoring the trend where 360 sells considerably more software in the holidays. 2010 360 software was stronger :P. I proved you wrong and said what I had to say, don't intend on arguing with you further.

sure it does

each console has its times but that is also how much the gap between 360 and PS3 holidays sales was 3 years ago,what was it 2 eyars ago and what was it last year.you can just look at the gaps of COD games.

i was debating whether 360 sells better on holidays or not,just that the gap is getting small and when we look ta the whole year the 360 doesn't have that much more in the holidays that will compensate the lower sales full year long

Software bundling does matter, for short term yes? Stop nitpicking? The difference between PS3 and 360 software sales is 3%! You stop nitpicking, or at least make a fair annual comparision. You know 360 software is > PS3 in Q3 and Q4, so stop making silly claims.

As for diversification, 360 has just as much or more then Sony. RPG's exclusives sell better on 360 too. 360 also has more racing games, party games, and generally more exclusives of every genre. Sales might be focused on Shooters, RPG's, Party games, and Racing games, but that's only because many of 360's shooters, racing games, RPG's and Party games sell over 5 million units, some well over. How many PS3 exclusives have cross that barrier? PS3's diversification lies in games which sell around 1 million units, and 360 has just as diverse of a selection at that sales point. You point thus makes no sense.

As for proving you wrong, you said PS3 software is greater then 360 software. It isn't, you were wrong and I showed you that. PS3 software may become greater in the future, but you said in the present PS3 software is greater, which is wrong. Yes PS3 is 1,500 more sales now, but Gears of War 3 alone will make up for the difference, nevermind the typically noticably higher sales 360 has in fall. 360 software will be greater in 2011, just like it has been every single year.

As for other trends, let's actually take a look. MW1 sold 50% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well there was also 76% more 360's on the market then PS3's at the time (thanks to the head start 360 had). MW2 sold 35.8% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well at the time there were only 15.4% more 360's then PS3s. Account for the difference in consoles and well MW2 sold 9% more units per console on 360 then MW1 did.

Other Trends, The sales difference for AC: Brotherhood is larger then AC2, despite the hardware difference being smaller. This would imply that software is increasing more on 360. This story also holds for Fallout, Battlefield, and others.

which  xbox rpg game, racing game has sold more than 5 million???? huh??? dude get ur fact stright

Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:

another things,PS3 sales are bigger elsewhere where VGC tracking is low whereas 360 software are more accounted for as bigger part is in the US

BS, Microsoft and Sony have quarterly press conferences where they tell the world total console sales worldwide. VGC total figures mimic those numbers. Unless you are claiming MS or Sony are falsifying their numbers, this is completly wrong.

no they don't

MS never disclose SW sales

u surely haven't been following the industry and dunno know what u're talking about

and VGC numbers are sell through and most of the time VGC is left behind as it cannot predict sales in EMEAA correctly

Michael-5 said:

snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

stop nitpicking.

sure it does

yes they are but the gap has been reducing and the lead MS has it not able to cover the gap PS3 sales are over the year.

u don't know what nitpicking means,do you?

As for diversification, 360 has just as much or more then Sony. RPG's exclusives sell better on 360 too. 360 also has more racing games, party games, and

yeah,the old genre's,the genre's list has firther diversified.which year are you living in,1995.

we have more detail genre's these days

generally more exclusives of every genre.

what?

Sales might be focused on Shooters, RPG's, Party games, and Racing games, but that's only because many of 360's shooters, racing games, RPG's and Party games sell over 5 million units, some well over. How many PS3 exclusives have cross that barrier?

when did i say anything about barrier?

stop trying to go off-topic

PS3's diversification lies in games which sell around 1 million units, and 360 has just as diverse of a selection at that sales point. You point thus makes no sense.

we are not talking about diversification of sales point but games

As for proving you wrong, you said PS3 software is greater then 360 software.

i was talking as of today not old sales

It isn't, you were wrong and I showed you that.

ooooh i'm scared

PS3 software may become greater in the future, but you said in the present PS3 software is greater, which is wrong. Yes PS3 is 1,500 more sales now, but Gears of War 3 alone will make up for the difference,

we will see where the total SW goes for the FY

nevermind the typically noticably higher sales 360 has in fall.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TYPICALLY?

sales change over the generation and as by buisiness strategy

360 software will be greater in 2011, just like it has been every single year.

they might but the gap will be even lower leading into bigger sales for PS3 in 2012

As for other trends, let's actually take a look. MW1 sold 50% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well there was also 76% more 360's on the market then PS3's at the time (thanks to the head start 360 had).MW2 sold 35.8% better on 360 then PS3 correct? Well at the time there were only 15.4% more 360's then PS3s. Account for the difference in consoles and well MW2 sold 9% more units per console on 360 then MW1 did.

sure but that difference was distributed among other PS3 titles as PS3 fans aren't that FPS focused.you can take that as a genre locating system thing

AH,NOW you see

we aren't discussing titles based sales.

was just pointing out that some gap have been made up in title to platform comparision

don't relate total to specific title sales directly,i too wasn't

Around the Network
rf40928 said:

Wow heres a guy in DENIAL..  PS2 was undertracked too huh? 

yes it was

VGC keeps on doing adjustments,many time where they don't find sales and the gap is too much they take the company sales info and adjust near tio it

be on this site for long and you will understand what i mean

I guess it was so undertracked which is why it was number 1...Where were all the MS AND Nintendo cry babies when PS2 was number 1? 

this site was nowhere near functional in the days of PS2 so don't even both there

No one was crying about undertracked consoles then....A major  POINT being this - sometimes consoles or software get undertracked, but its corrected in months.. not years...The 360 was undertracked for months in a few countries as well... Undertracking is not exclusive to a console ( such as the PS3 )

it is more,it is very hard to track in EMEAA territories where developing countries lie

JAPAN,western europe,australia,NA are the main locations where data is near the sales

UK,NA is where 360 has sold in the past and is still selling the best

your comments show that you are not atall updated with what happens with the site,very naive judgements

because  it happens in many countries which have less efficient logistical catalogueing... Undertracking is actually gettng more and more rare...

no it isn't

this isn't a thing that just keeps improving as years go by,you need people sending you data to a small site.it is hard.

i have been here since the days of the beginning of this site

but Sony loves to use it to make stockholders happy... SECONDLY..you want to play the whole under-tracked card..

no i don't and stop taking this dabate as a fan vs fan warr kind of thing,it isn't.

You're probably a payed Sony troll..

immature

u will learn alot over the years

and stop calling people troll that kinda word playing and debates don't go on here,u will get banned

Corportate trolling is getting more common... back to the point...360 has OVER 100 current  GAMES Like Halo Reach which are on XB LIVE for download ( not store bought )... those current games like NBA LIVE ( downloadables on XB LIVE )  are IN FACT NOT TRACKED here..

Looking here... those numbers are shown as ZERO..  Heres the example.. this link for Vgchartz Halo Reach

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/35024/halo-reach/

yup same has PS3 but we cannot debate that as there is absolutely no data,so leave it.no point

we debate sales not what a company will do or not.

Half way down You'll see 'other versions'.. the game is on Xbox live and shows zero sales...

that is with many PS3 games too.we cannot debate it.

also many of the 360 games on LIVE from there inception were already very very old so they wouln't have done big.only few new titles could have.

we did big debate when it started and how sales would be not counted.doesn't matter

many people are downloading it instead of buying store copies because they dont go bad or get stolen..

that will keep on happening,no point in debating it

bad hardrive.. doesnt matter.. you replace the HD and download it as many times as you want/ need to as long as its you gamer tag.. you dont have to pay again.. i downloaded REACH because i had one copy stolen ..

you did most others didn't

rf40928 said:
mantlepiecek said:
The main reason why Ps3 games sell less than 360 is because of US gamers buy more games than other countries due to relatively higher standard of living combined with population. And the 360 dominates in the USA.
Its got nothing to do with PS3 owners not buying their exclusives. Maybe a little to do with the exclusive variety.

Its one of the reason why 360 can match the PS3 WW in hardware sales even if PS3 outsells it in EMEAA and Japan.

Its a combinations of reasons, but I beleive your reason above is part of it..  The PS3 outsells the 360 in most of the EMEAA areas.. but not by a staggering amount.. sometimes its very close.. rarely is it a crazy number like you get in America.. Look back 10 yrs ago.. The PS2 sold what percentage in the USA?  If the PS3 was selling at that same percentage ..the PS3 would be number 1, not the WIi..  Im not sure if Sony can win the US back next gen.. the only reason PS3 is slowly catching 360 is mainly Japan's PS3 sales.. subtract  Japan who is fiercly loyal to their companies and PS3 would be dead last.. What I always see happening though is the 360 does well like 3 months a year and almost always nullifies any progress the PS3 did the other parts of the year.. nearly every year the PS3 was supposed to have caught up and nearly every year this happens - PS3 slightly outsells Xbox 360 ( enough, but not huge outselling either ).. then a few months 360 sells above PS3 and nearly makes it the way it was before PS3 caught up.. Im waiting to see how Gear 3 increases console sales and the holidays in which 360 usually does better.. Also.. when one drops the price - the other does not far after.. It wont be long till 360 gets a price cut.. Does anyone think MS will sit on its hands long beefore a price cut?  Well they wont wait long.. The PS3 sales are doing better this year , but  fans need to take  into account the 360 is having its best year( of two best selling years of its life )  so far.. so its sales aren't dropping off either.. and the Wii can't be beat or ever caught

The difference between 360 and PS3 in EMEAA is about as much as in Japan. So yeah if we substract these the PS3 would be dead last. While your at it, might as well substract the US and the 360 will be deadlast. What kind of argument is this? lol

PS3 doesnt sell more software then 360, but it is very successful in selling software, no reason to say otherwise. With a slightly smaller userbase then 360, a lot smaller userbase then Wii, it is able to perform near its competitors. And thats without having the bigger percentage of its userbase in rich countries. Where is the problem?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sales2099 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:
Mainly because Sony's lineup is built on diversity while Microsoft chooses to brainwash people with their marketing.

That sir is Sony fan made propaganda. 

Numbers dont lie. Global software difference between 360 and PS3 is at about 90 million approx. And im sure that didnt come from the year 360 was out before ps3 released.

This "diversity" is only because Sony has NO IDEA what their demographic wants and is taking shots in the dark. MS on the other hand knows their core audience and what they want....so thats what they deliever. 

Propaganda debunked :)there was non to begin with

srry sir but your wrong. my library is mostly full of PS3 exclusives. the last 3 yrs the PS3's library has been the leader in game buy's in my house with Wii a far second and the 360 totaling only 4 games.

the multiplatform list is small even with back catalog games. very exclusive ip for the PS3 comes first as technicaly its the only console i own. lucky for me the other 2 consoles are in the house so i see a game i want on it. i get it.

You talk like your opinion is the majority held one.....cause it isnt.

If it was then PS3 wouldnt be 3rd place and behind in software sales by 90 million.  ? don't get it. i have no idea wht your trying to point out here. sales mean nothing to me.

well your arguement made it seem like PS3 fans aren't as diverse as they claim! wht are you gettting at? i don't see your point. 

who caress wht console is in third place dud thats a dead issue and the worst argument for your case which i still don't get. you have no idea wht the PS3 fanbase wants so i see your points as irrelevant as your quotes in this thread to me and Rol.

your forgeting one thing. people buy the games they want and its that simple. i know i don't want to see games on a console dedicated to 1 genre. i only hate 2 genres and thats sports and RTS games, and i only hate 1 PS3 exclusive and that white night chronicles.

MS does not no wht there fans want either or i would own more the 4 games for there console. both companies pay other people to tell them wht the markets want and neither of them get it 100% right, so your point there makes no sense either.

are you driving with blinders on cause all you have for proof is numbers and that means nothing. go out and do some real research.

Do some real research? Its about video games......i pity anyone who does any real research concerning serious opinions on pieces of plastic meant solely for entertainment.

I love how you said that sales means nothing to you. Funny since this is a forum dedicated to sales and the thread TITLE is talking about sales. Perhaps you should find a different forum or different thread if sales dont concern you 

Im afraid very much that the last place issue is alive and well. Itll be alive and well until the day PS3 takes 2nd. You wont have to look hard on the internet to see PS3 fans raving about how they are gonna take 2nd place with the new price cut. To deny this is foolish, even if you yourself think its a dead issue. 

And im seeing the sales of every gears, Halo and COD game (multiplat but a series MS takes the effort in getting early DLC). 360 has other genres but the flagship titles are shooters. The sales show it....its what we want. You may disagree but then again you dont seem like the majority opinion at all concerning the 360 userbase.The title is asking why Sony exclusives and software arent selling close to 360 and I pointed out the 90 million software gap. Id say thats question answered. 

Why is the gap so big? Could be anyones guess. My opinion is that PS3 gamers just dont care as much. You dont have to agree.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sales2099 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:

That sir is Sony fan made propaganda. 

Numbers dont lie. Global software difference between 360 and PS3 is at about 90 million approx. And im sure that didnt come from the year 360 was out before ps3 released.

This "diversity" is only because Sony has NO IDEA what their demographic wants and is taking shots in the dark. MS on the other hand knows their core audience and what they want....so thats what they deliever. 

Propaganda debunked :)there was non to begin with

srry sir but your wrong. my library is mostly full of PS3 exclusives. the last 3 yrs the PS3's library has been the leader in game buy's in my house with Wii a far second and the 360 totaling only 4 games.

the multiplatform list is small even with back catalog games. very exclusive ip for the PS3 comes first as technicaly its the only console i own. lucky for me the other 2 consoles are in the house so i see a game i want on it. i get it.

You talk like your opinion is the majority held one.....cause it isnt.

If it was then PS3 wouldnt be 3rd place and behind in software sales by 90 million.  ? don't get it. i have no idea wht your trying to point out here. sales mean nothing to me.

well your arguement made it seem like PS3 fans aren't as diverse as they claim! wht are you gettting at? i don't see your point. 

who caress wht console is in third place dud thats a dead issue and the worst argument for your case which i still don't get. you have no idea wht the PS3 fanbase wants so i see your points as irrelevant as your quotes in this thread to me and Rol.

your forgeting one thing. people buy the games they want and its that simple. i know i don't want to see games on a console dedicated to 1 genre. i only hate 2 genres and thats sports and RTS games, and i only hate 1 PS3 exclusive and that white night chronicles.

MS does not no wht there fans want either or i would own more the 4 games for there console. both companies pay other people to tell them wht the markets want and neither of them get it 100% right, so your point there makes no sense either.

are you driving with blinders on cause all you have for proof is numbers and that means nothing. go out and do some real research.

Do some real research? Its about video games......i pity anyone who does any real research concerning serious opinions on pieces of plastic meant solely for entertainment.

I love how you said that sales means nothing to you. Funny since this is a forum dedicated to sales and the thread TITLE is talking about sales. Perhaps you should find a different forum or different thread if sales dont concern you 

The title is asking why Sony exclusives and software arent selling close to 360 and I pointed out the 90 million software gap. Id say thats question answered. 

Why is the gap so big? Could be anyones guess. My opinion is that PS3 gamers just dont care as much. You dont have to agree

i was really hoping we'd find somthing we could agree on by now.

in the begigning i came to VGC to stop the Bs, lies, and sales. but now i'm here to help improve the site the best way i can.

your 90m software sales lead is not important to me, but the current global sales of software and hardware are whts important to me as the past is to far back to live in.

its not that i don't agree. you stated a fact (the 90m software gap)which i give you credit for, but this isn't about total global software. its about exclusive software and individual sales of exclusive IP in comparison to the comp's exclusive ip and if you can't present that then you have no argument and thats why i said do real research.

"behind in software sales by 90 million" is a great argument about a sales lead but not for the exclusives which the op is talking about.

i don't mind agreeing with the great points you've made but the op is talking about exclusive software not software as a whole. read the title of the thread again and answer the question.

why aren't PS3 exclusives/software selling anyware close to 360?