By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why aren't Sony exclusives/software selling anywhere close to Xbox360?

Why does this question get asked every 3 days? Is this the only thing people want to talk about -___-

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
rf40928 said:
snakenobi said:
worldlyfall said:
snakenobi said:
SaviorX said:
snakenobi said:
they are,its just that diversity distribute over alot of games

PS3 software actually trumps both Wii and 360 software sales these days in total

????? Since when ??????

And I agree with what was stated earlier that MS does a megaton of marketing in comparison. In terms of ad money spent it is MS>>>>>Sony>>>Ninty

Worldwide 2011 Software Totals

wii loses as it has bundled games on its value bundle

Console 
Wii 60,608,895      
PS3 55,142,496 (-    
X360 53,565,434      
DS 42,042,239      
PSP 17,137,182      
PC 8,751,011  
3DS 6,075,834  
PS2 4,778,740  

You do know by the end of this year the ps3 will be behind the 360. Gears, COD, Halo, and Kinnect games will make sure of that.

that is just an assumption by you that the old years sales will replay

actually PS3 could trump 360 still as the trends have been changing,software sales on the PS3 have been growing tremendously.and the software choice provides alot of space for sales.

I Posted above.. in total software sales the PS3 is so far behind the 360 it'll never catch up..  In just the top 50 games list i posted above ( from Vgchartz ) the PS3 is behind nearly 50 million game copies.. much more if you go top 100 games on each console.. As close as the two consoles are in userbase.. the PS3 is the last choice for games

what total software sales

50mllion game copies is nothing,you haven't been following the gaming industry,that is a small gap.

look at how wii's software sales dropped alot.

PS3 is the last choice for games?it has a great game attach ratio,and it has price-cut space which will grow the userbase,still being relvant with the brand name and in the future and great game diversity.

First off 50 million is a huge difference..5 million copies is a  small gap... not 50 million... its nearly 3 Billion more dollars??

Secondly.. the gap is  MUCH MORE THEN 50 million.. its 50 million forJUST the top 50 games... if you look at total games(ALL)  the 360 is AHEAD well over 100 million copies.. 100 MILLION - 1/3 the population of the USA... So quit downplaying the 50 million for just the top 50 games.. when two consoles are basically 3 million apart in userbase.. and the 360 has sold 100 million PLUS more games.. thats nothing to scoff at.. if the PS3 was in this situation we'd hear it all day long..

kickazz113 said:
LordMatrix said:
RolStoppable said:
Mainly because Sony's lineup is built on diversity while Microsoft chooses to brainwash people with their marketing.

LOL Yeah keep telling yourself that. Microsoft`s exlusives are just more popular usually. Most Xbox exclusives have a much larger community attached to them. If you enjoy online play you likely are an Xbox gamer.  Gears, Halo & Forza are some big one`s that come to mind but when even games like Fable use online features in unique ways can you really blame users for flocking to them?

loloolol the only popular game xbox got is halo so all u saying is wrong. and really??? last time i checked no one even go on forza

The proof is here at this webiste... look at games that really matter.. the ones that really sell.. those are the top 10 games each year on each console.. the top 10 games are the ones that sell.. Top ten 360 games OWN Top ten PS3... MAny of the top 10 games on each console and multiplatform.. LIKE COD... Ilike Fanboys like you say Halo is all 360 has.. but Halo sold as many copies  as COD on PS3 ( and COD was PS3's best seller !) ..The same  COD on 360  sold millions more then COD on PS3... Anyone looking at the top 10 cant deny the numbers dont lie

snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

This is pure nonsense. 360 typically sees stronger software sales in Q3 and Q4 to make up for it's marginal loss (3% for 2011) sales during the spring and summer. Also PS3 has seen an exclusive Black Ops Bundle already, what has 360 gotten?

small time bundles like black ops keep happening,they don't matter much

360 typically had stronger software sales,doesn't have or will have.

PS3's price range keeps bringing new consumers so their is room for growth

diverse and more exlcusive range that SONY has formed

COD gap between PS3 and 360 sales has been shrinking  big time.

360's replacement consoles leave small room for growth,price also leaves small room for growth,software range is a problemt too.

and even last year when PS3 HW sales were lower,PS3 software sales were so good

Look at 2010 figures

Console Yearly (change) Total (tie ratio)
Wii 184,450,648 (+1%) 628,377,813 (7.62)
X360 136,565,517 (+25%) 446,658,991 (8.86)
PS3 131,078,275 (+37%) 353,640,517 (7.64)
DS 122,323,057 (-16%) 645,707,411 (4.53)
PSP 43,547,344 (+10%) 217,088,163 (3.32)
PS2 17,842,192 (-38%) n/a
PC 17,658,763 (+102%) n/a
Total 653,465,796(+7%)  

360 software is actually stronger then PS3 software worldwide.

they were barely stronger and if you take into account PS3's growth,they will trump 360

This diversity arguement is nonsense too. Of the top 10 best selling exclusives 360 has 5 shooters, 1 party game, 2 racing games, 1 RPG, and 1 Sports games.

yeah but where does the majority of the sales contribution come from?

PS3 has 5 shooters, 3 racing games, 1 platformer, 1 Action game. 360 has more diversification is anything, and they both have 5 shooters.

lmao

you seriosly haven't been following the game industry what causes trends and where does the growth come from

The week Black Ops was bundled, PS3 saw a hardware increase of 18% in Americas only. It did not see an increase the week on InFamous 2 or E3, don't tell me Call of Duty bundles don't matter. When the difference is 3% they do. Everything else you said just makes no sense.

Just because 360 has good shooters that sell and except for Uncharted PS3 shooters don't, doesn't mean 360 lack diversification. It just means that shooter fans prefer 360, but the games are still diverse.

What trends are you talking about? You claimed PS3 software is higher, yet you were the one ignoring the trend where 360 sells considerably more software in the holidays. 2010 360 software was stronger :P. I proved you wrong and said what I had to say, don't intend on arguing with you further.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

This is pure nonsense. 360 typically sees stronger software sales in Q3 and Q4 to make up for it's marginal loss (3% for 2011) sales during the spring and summer. Also PS3 has seen an exclusive Black Ops Bundle already, what has 360 gotten?

360's replacement consoles leave small room for growth,price also leaves small room for growth,software range is a problemt too.

Look at 2010 figures

ConsoleYearly (change)Total (tie ratio)
Total653,465,796(+7%)  

they were barely stronger and if you take into account PS3's growth,they will trump 360

This diversity arguement is nonsense too. Of the top 10 best selling exclusives 360 has 5 shooters, 1 party game, 2 racing games, 1 RPG, and 1 Sports games.

PS3 has 5 shooters, 3 racing games, 1 platformer, 1 Action game. 360 has more diversification is anything, and they both have 5 shooters.

lmao

you seriosly haven't been following the game industry what causes trends and where does the growth come from

The week Black Ops was bundled, PS3 saw a hardware increase of 18% in Americas only. It did not see an increase the week on InFamous 2 or E3, don't tell me Call of Duty bundles don't matter. When the difference is 3% they do. Everything else you said just makes no sense.

Just because 360 has good shooters that sell and except for Uncharted PS3 shooters don't, doesn't mean 360 lack diversification. It just means that shooter fans prefer 360, but the games are still diverse.

What trends are you talking about? You claimed PS3 software is higher, yet you were the one ignoring the trend where 360 sells considerably more software in the holidays. 2010 360 software was stronger :P. I proved you wrong and said what I had to say, don't intend on arguing with you further.

Ps3 fans love to talk about diversity, but the truth hurts.. First Person Shooters ARE the best selling games on both consoles.. For some reason PS3 fans typically see Halo or COD selling so many copies on 360 the first thing they say is "All they have is FPS's " when in fact FPS's are the best sellers on PS3 as well.. both consoles have alot of games..  And it used to be if you had the best 3rd party support you were golden.. I think the business model is changing.. 3rd party support isnt as important as it used to be.. because back in the day if you had 3rd party support from a certain company they were loyal to you.. well they arent anymore..In fact all of Sony's loyal 3rd party companies are doing multi platform games now for Nintendo and MS .. Sony lost some exclusives too which would've been "Unheard of" in the Good Ole PS2 days....and  If you're selling alot of games it really doesnt matter if it 3rd or 1st party..

Around the Network
rf40928 said:
snakenobi said:
rf40928 said:
snakenobi said:
worldlyfall said:
snakenobi said:
SaviorX said:
snakenobi said:

PS3 software actually trumps both Wii and 360 software sales these days in total

????? Since when ??????

And I agree with what was stated earlier that MS does a megaton of marketing in comparison. In terms of ad money spent it is MS>>>>>Sony>>>Ninty

Console 
Wii 60,608,895      
PS3 55,142,496 (-    
X360 53,565,434      
DS 42,042,239      
PSP 17,137,182      
PC 8,751,011  
3DS 6,075,834  
PS2 4,778,740  

You do know by the end of this year the ps3 will be behind the 360. Gears, COD, Halo, and Kinnect games will make sure of that.

actually PS3 could trump 360 still as the trends have been changing,software sales on the PS3 have been growing tremendously.and the software choice provides alot of space for sales.

I Posted above.. in total software sales the PS3 is so far behind the 360 it'll never catch up..  In just the top 50 games list i posted above ( from Vgchartz ) the PS3 is behind nearly 50 million game copies.. much more if you go top 100 games on each console.. As close as the two consoles are in userbase.. the PS3 is the last choice for games

50mllion game copies is nothing,you haven't been following the gaming industry,that is a small gap.

PS3 is the last choice for games?it has a great game attach ratio,and it has price-cut space which will grow the userbase,still being relvant with the brand name and in the future and great game diversity.

First off 50 million is a huge difference..5 million copies is a  small gap... not 50 million... its nearly 3 Billion more dollars??

Secondly.. the gap is  MUCH MORE THEN 50 million.. its 50 million forJUST the top 50 games... if you look at total games(ALL)  the 360 is AHEAD well over 100 million copies.. 100 MILLION - 1/3 the population of the USA... So quit downplaying the 50 million for just the top 50 games.. when two consoles are basically 3 million apart in userbase.. and the 360 has sold 100 million PLUS more games.. thats nothing to scoff at.. if the PS3 was in this situation we'd hear it all day long..

50million is the total software sales over generation,generation wise tits small.why are u just looking at the present and think the future the present thing will continue?

i am not downplaying anything,stop acting immature

360 has sold more but it had the first start,brand building which helped them at the start of the generation.

another things,PS3 sales are bigger elsewhere where VGC tracking is low whereas 360 software are more accounted for as bigger part is in the US

Michael-5 said:
snakenobi said:
Michael-5 said:

Look at 2010 figures

Console Yearly (change) Total (tie ratio)
Total 653,465,796(+7%)  

lmao

THEY DO MATTER BUT JUST SHORT TERM like any other bundles.like the ones 360 got with GTA,HALO,GEARS,etc throughout this gen

stop nitpicking.

not saying 360 lacks diversification,its just that 360 isn't as diverse as PS3 and its sales aren't as spread over.

again stop concentrating on one single detail of what i say.

sure it does

each console has its times but that is also how much the gap between 360 and PS3 holidays sales was 3 years ago,what was it 2 eyars ago and what was it last year.you can just look at the gaps of COD games.

u didn't prove shit wrong.

i was debating whether 360 sells better on holidays or not,just that the gap is getting small and when we look ta the whole year the 360 doesn't have that much more in the holidays that will compensate the lower sales full year long

rf40928 said:
Michael-5 said:

Ps3 fans love to talk about diversity, but the truth hurts.. First Person Shooters ARE the best selling games on both consoles.. For some reason PS3 fans typically see Halo or COD selling so many copies on 360 the first thing they say is "All they have is FPS's " when in fact FPS's are the best sellers on PS3 as well.. both consoles have alot of games..  And it used to be if you had the best 3rd party support you were golden.. I think the business model is changing.. 3rd party support isnt as important as it used to be.. because back in the day if you had 3rd party support from a certain company they were loyal to you.. well they arent anymore..In fact all of Sony's loyal 3rd party companies are doing multi platform games now for Nintendo and MS .. Sony lost some exclusives too which would've been "Unheard of" in the Good Ole PS2 days....and  If you're selling alot of games it really doesnt matter if it 3rd or 1st party..

Exactly, and it's not just shooters that sell better on 360. 360 exclusive RPG's sell better. Fable 2 and 3, and Mass Effect 1 all outsold PS3's best exclusvie RPG (Demon's Souls), which is now a multiplatform franchise. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia sold over 500k. That's 9 strong or modest selling exclusive RPG's compared to 3 modestly well selling PS3 RPG Exclusives (Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, and WKC).

Racing games too, although GT5 is the best selling Racing game this gen, Forza 3 is a moderatly close second, and Forza 4 will do as well or better. There are also 8 racing games on 360 selling over 500k, and only 5 for PS3.

This goes for other genres too, the only ones PS3 tops 360 in are Action Adventure and Platformer, 360 shows just as much diversification as PS3, probably more with Kinect software.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

snakenobi said:

another things,PS3 sales are bigger elsewhere where VGC tracking is low whereas 360 software are more accounted for as bigger part is in the US

BS, Microsoft and Sony have quarterly press conferences where they tell the world total console sales worldwide. VGC total figures mimic those numbers. Unless you are claiming MS or Sony are falsifying their numbers, this is completly wrong.

snakenobi said:
rf40928 said:
snakenobi said:
rf40928 said:
snakenobi said:
worldlyfall said:
snakenobi said:
SaviorX said:
snakenobi said:

????? Since when ??????

Console 
Wii 60,608,895      
PS3 55,142,496 (-    
X360 53,565,434      
DS 42,042,239      
PSP 17,137,182      
PC 8,751,011  
3DS 6,075,834  
PS2 4,778,740  

50million is the total software sales over generation,generation wise tits small.why are u just looking at the present and think the future the present thing will continue?

i am not downplaying anything,stop acting immature

360 has sold more but it had the first start,brand building which helped them at the start of the generation.

Wow heres a guy in DENIAL..  PS2 was undertracked too huh?  I guess it was so undertracked which is why it was number 1...Where were all the MS AND Nintendo cry babies when PS2 was number 1?  No one was crying about undertracked consoles then....A major  POINT being this - sometimes consoles or software get undertracked, but its corrected in months.. not years...The 360 was undertracked for months in a few countries as well... Undertracking is not exclusive to a console ( such as the PS3 ) because  it happens in many countries which have less efficient logistical catalogueing... Undertracking is actually gettng more and more rare... but Sony loves to use it to make stockholders happy... SECONDLY..you want to play the whole under-tracked card.. You're probably a payed Sony troll.. Corportate trolling is getting more common... back to the point...360 has OVER 100 current  GAMES Like Halo Reach which are on XB LIVE for download ( not store bought )... those current games like NBA LIVE ( downloadables on XB LIVE )  are IN FACT NOT TRACKED here.. Looking here... those numbers are shown as ZERO..  Heres the example.. this link for Vgchartz Halo Reach

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/35024/halo-reach/

Half way down You'll see 'other versions'.. the game is on Xbox live and shows zero sales...  many people are downloading it instead of buying store copies because they dont go bad or get stolen.. bad hardrive.. doesnt matter.. you replace the HD and download it as many times as you want/ need to as long as its you gamer tag.. you dont have to pay again.. i downloaded REACH because i had one copy stolen ..