By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why aren't Sony exclusives/software selling anywhere close to Xbox360?

DirtyP2002 said:
small44 said:
Beacause it's America and beside Gear of War and Halo Xbox360 exclusives don't do mouch better then PS3 exclusive.
Look at Alan wake it's sold hardly more then 1 millions and heavy rain close to 2 million this is unexpective for many people who said Alan Wake will outsell Heavy Rain.

Boah, for some people this never gets old, right?
Yes, Alan Wake did not sell too well. 1 million is not a disaster either, but 2 million would have been better and more deserved.

What about Fable? Both titles sold 4 million  on 360.
What about Forza? Both titles sold about 4 million on 360.
What about Dance Central? 3 million is likely.
What about Kinect Sports? 4 million easily.

But you can bring up Too Human and some JRPGs if you like to.

I am tired of this " OMG! Xbox only has Halo and Gears!!!!111" stuff when the Xbox 360 has one of the biggest libraries in history. I am not saying PS3 exclusives are not selling well. But somehow Sony was not able to create an IP as big as Gears or Halo. Gran Turismo is selling well, but if you look at it without fanboy goggles, GT5 and GT PSP were some of the most disappointing titles this generation. Delay after delay and the final result was just not as brilliant as it used to be. Now the last AAA GT game is 10 years old. GT5 is still a great game though, but not a showstopper. I think Sony makes some mistakes the way they handle their IPs. Marketing is only one point. Timing for example is another.

we are the ones wearing fanboy googles??? hmm

Around the Network

I'm not sure if this is the main reason, but PS3s got bought by tons of people who intended only to use them as Blu-Ray players. People who buy Xbox 360s intend to use them for games exclusively. It's very possible that there are millions of PS3s sitting next to TV and never play any games because their owners aren't gamers and never buy or pre-order games at all. Like I said I can't say for sure, but it's a possibility.

kain_kusanagi said:
I'm not sure if this is the main reason, but PS3s got bought by tons of people who intended only to use them as Blu-Ray players. People who buy Xbox 360s intend to use them for games exclusively. It's very possible that there are millions of PS3s sitting next to TV and never play any games because their owners aren't gamers and never buy or pre-order games at all. Like I said I can't say for sure, but it's a possibility.

i could imagine that might be a few million people

kain_kusanagi said:

thats the excuse for all you xbox fanboys, you should be ashame of yourself

People have limited disposable income / time to spend on games and the PS3 has a lot more exclusives than the 360. Therefore the sales are spead over more games and thus the average PS3 exclusive sells less.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
small44 said:
Beacause it's America and beside Gear of War and Halo Xbox360 exclusives don't do mouch better then PS3 exclusive.
Look at Alan wake it's sold hardly more then 1 millions and heavy rain close to 2 million this is unexpective for many people who said Alan Wake will outsell Heavy Rain.

Yes, Alan Wake did not sell too well. 1 million is not a disaster either, but 2 million would have been better and more deserved.

I am tired of this " OMG! Xbox only has Halo and Gears!!!!111" stuff when the Xbox 360 has one of the biggest libraries in history. I am not saying PS3 exclusives are not selling well. But somehow Sony was not able to create an IP as big as Gears or Halo. Gran Turismo is selling well, but if you look at it without fanboy goggles, GT5 and GT PSP were some of the most disappointing titles this generation. Delay after delay and the final result was just not as brilliant as it used to be. Now the last AAA GT game is 10 years old. GT5 is still a great game though, but not a showstopper. I think Sony makes some mistakes the way they handle their IPs. Marketing is only one point. Timing for example is another.

Well said.

However there is no point drilling this arguement. Do you ever argue with the older members of VGC like Machina or ioi? They know to avoid these bs arguements. I should stop engaging people like they do, there is no point argueng with people who are clearly biased. Any real gamer knows both the 360 and PS3 have the most diverse third person library ever, and both have a pretty damn strong first person library.

As for GT5, it's a great game, but it's not as breathtaking as older GT's used to be. If all the cars were prenium, then that would be a different story, but to be fair PD did rebuild this game from the ground up (they threw away the old engine).

As for the Sony not being able to creat and IP as big as Gears, that's only true because GT is an old IP. Uncharted did get pretty big though, and so did LBP.

To all other debaters/commenters: Don't judge Kinect until you play some of the games. Kinect Adventures is a pretty average game, but Dance Central is damn fun. I consider myself a Hardcore gamer, and I'm more excited for Dance Central 2 then I am for Assassin's Creed or Elder Scrolls.

Maybe you just need someone to play with to enjoy Dance Central? Just like Mario Kart, it's not fun alone.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
small44 said:

Well said.

However there is no point drilling this arguement. Do you ever argue with the older members of VGC like Machina or ioi? They know to avoid these bs arguements. I should stop engaging people like they do, there is no point argueng with people who are clearly biased. Any real gamer knows both the 360 and PS3 have the most diverse third person library ever, and both have a pretty damn strong first person library.

As for GT5, it's a great game, but it's not as breathtaking as older GT's used to be. If all the cars were prenium, then that would be a different story, but to be fair PD did rebuild this game from the ground up (they threw away the old engine).

As for the Sony not being able to creat and IP as big as Gears, that's only true because GT is an old IP. Uncharted did get pretty big though, and so did LBP.

To all other debaters/commenters: Don't judge Kinect until you play some of the games. Kinect Adventures is a pretty average game, but Dance Central is damn fun. I consider myself a Hardcore gamer, and I'm more excited for Dance Central 2 then I am for Assassin's Creed or Elder Scrolls.

Maybe you just need someone to play with to enjoy Dance Central? Just like Mario Kart, it's not fun alone.

I am on this site for some time now. I know there are people who can't argue at all.

Uncharted if a great franchise and a high-quality game and a perfect example of Sonys struggle to create huge IPs. So they have got a great game, but they were not able to create as much buzz outside the gaming media like MS did with Gears. That is something Sony needs to learn from MS.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Michael-5 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Well said.

As for the Sony not being able to creat and IP as big as Gears, that's only true because GT is an old IP. Uncharted did get pretty big though, and so did LBP

I am on this site for some time now. I know there are people who can't argue at all.

Uncharted if a great franchise and a high-quality game and a perfect example of Sonys struggle to create huge IPs. So they have got a great game, but they were not able to create as much buzz outside the gaming media like MS did with Gears. That is something Sony needs to learn from MS.

Well Uncharted 2 is looking to get 5 million sales or so lifetime, and I expect Uncharted 3 to do the same. For a game which isn't multiplayer focused, that's still pretty damn good. Mass Effect (another story rich shooter....mix), never saw sales that strong when it was 360 exclusive.

Still you are right, Sony needs to learn how to market better, and time their releases better. I'm not sure if having a release so close to Call of Duty is a smart idea, especially since it's so late in the holiday season. MS moved all it's major franchises to Sept/October release dates, and damn Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable seem to be doing great. Had GT5 had a solid release date (which wasn't delayed 2 weeks before launch), it would have sold a lot better, without any changes in quality.

However when you think about it. More then 50% of the 360 audience is in Americas, and outside of US and Canada 360 has clear dominance in select regions (UK, Australia, etc). MS only has to advertize hard in a few countries to generate sales. Sony has to advertize all over Europe, as well as Americas, so I can understand it being difficult.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

LAG... Dropped my computer too many times.

osamanobama said:
DirtyP2002 said:
small44 said:

we are the ones wearing fanboy googles??? hmm

GT5 is a great game, but it's not as magnificent as GT1 or GT3 were when they launched. GT5 could have been a much better game, I know many people who were expecting this game to be a 10/10 rating, and sell 15 million units.

However I wouldn't say this game is a dissapointment, it's my most played PS3 game.