By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your excuse for not being a Pokemon Champion?

Acevil said:
RolStoppable said:
I am older than eight.

Jack Tretton thinks you aren't older than eight.

Judging by some of his statements, he's seven himself.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Not any kind of competitions whatsoever here in Portugal. Other than that, me and a couple of friends organize competitions between ourselves, my Dragon team has had a bit of a winning streak xD.

Last I checked, Salamence was the very defintion of UBER and using Garchomp is just plain playing in God mode.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
lestatdark said:
Not any kind of competitions whatsoever here in Portugal. Other than that, me and a couple of friends organize competitions between ourselves, my Dragon team has had a bit of a winning streak xD.

Last I checked, Salamence was the very defintion of UBER and using Garchomp is just plain playing in God mode.

Salamence can be easily replaced by Dragonite (which is still not banned) which with a proper IV and Nature can give an equal speed advantage over the rest of the field. That's the beauty of the Dragon's, they're extremely versatile.

Plus, don't think that either Garchomp and Salamence are the strongest link in my team. My Kingdra is heels above both of them and Hydreigon is a destruction machine (I cleared the entire Elite 4 (2nd round) using only it at level 70).

Edit - I forgot about the 380 Atk stat from my level 80 Haxorus. Usually he goes first to thin out the field xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I just use the Pokemon that I like, I don't really have a strategy.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Cos I cant go :(

Around the Network

I joined Team Rocket as soon as I heard their motto.

Re: the video, what's with all of those "VGC" champions? I've never heard of any of those guys on our site!

I got carried away doing misty...

d21lewis said:
I joined Team Rocket as soon as I heard their motto.

Re: the video, what's with all of those "VGC" champions? I've never heard of any of those guys on our site!

LOL that's what i was thinking as well.

Too much time dedication to create a perfect team.  I make mine the best they can be bar thier IV's, getting perfect IV's just isn't worth spending so much time.

Also the offical rules are kinda whack to me.

You have to play doubles, and only use 4 pokes.  I very much prefer the classic singles 6v6.

I dislike the use of legendaries greatly, yet only four of them are banned in offical tournaments (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys).

The only non-legendary banned is Wobbufet with Leftovers. 

However this year's tourny makes it so you can only use Black/White poke's, but that could very well be an entire team of B/W legendaries.

Plus people can use any move (minus Sky Drop, idk why), which means alot of them using moves like Double Team and Minimize so they have a high chance of never being hit, then spam one shot moves like Horn Drill, Fissure, and Sheer Cold until it hits. 

All and all I like the fan made tiers for pokemon.

Uber - Godlike poke's.  Anything goes.  (Basically a banlist for OU)

OU - Overused: Very powerful pokes but not godlike Ubers.  (This is where I play my stall team)

UU - Underused: Great/Good poke's.  (Probably the most varied and balanced tier)  (Making a team for this atm)

NU - Neverused: Average/Bad poke's, usually alot of one trick ponies and gimmicks.

From there you can set clause's, like:

Species Clause: No 2 of the same spcies.

Item Clause: No 2 of the same items.

Evasion Clause: No Minimize/Double Team.

etc.

It's much more controlled and fair, and you  can customize to fit your needs.

With this system every pokemon (minus NU tier)  has a place where they can fit and you can (mostly) have any poke on your team.

I beat the elite four and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.