By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Megadeth and Iron Maiden

disolitude said:
Xen said:
Megadeth is the shit, though Iron Maiden blows chunks IMO.

(quietly gets back to his Arch Enemy album)

Funny you should say that as I hear a lot of Maidens as an influences when I listen to Arch Enemy... I thought they were kinda sucking lately but new Arch Enemy album turned out great.

Melodeath is swamped in Maiden influences indeed - but the band itself, I just hate. Vocals, lack of heaviness, anything and everything about them.

AE is a sure bet these days, I think.

Around the Network

HELL YEAH!!! I absolutely love both!!! Megadeth would be my favourite band.

disolitude said:
Seen Megadeth 8 times live. Seen Maiden only twice.

Here is me playing guitar, covering both bands.

Megadeths Ashes in your Mouth - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rie5fvEsz7s
Iron Maidens Wicker Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojcrtV30YSM

So yeah, Ima a fan :)

Very nice playing. One question though, why do you use your pinkie for power chords?

Deffo not the only "old" metalhead in here. I love both Maiden and Megadeth, been listening to both since I was around 12. Add in Metallica as well and you have all the good stuff in one thread!

Like both Maiden and Megadeath. I like more to listen to Iron Maiden, but Megadeath are more fun to see live.

Around the Network
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:

Funny you should say that as I hear a lot of Maidens as an influences when I listen to Arch Enemy... I thought they were kinda sucking lately but new Arch Enemy album turned out great.

Melodeath is swamped in Maiden influences indeed - but the band itself, I just hate. Vocals, lack of heaviness, anything and everything about them.

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out which band you're dissing here...

ultima said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:

Maiden, of course.

Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:

I can love you no more.  =(

^Don't :P
At least I don't have to like the band if so :D

Xen said:
ultima said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:

Maiden, of course.

Seriously??? Iron Maiden probably has the best vocals of any metal band... imo of course.