By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Megadeth and Iron Maiden

ultima said:
disolitude said:
Seen Megadeth 8 times live. Seen Maiden only twice.

Here is me playing guitar, covering both bands.

Megadeths Ashes in your Mouth - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rie5fvEsz7s
Iron Maidens Wicker Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojcrtV30YSM

So yeah, Ima a fan :)

Very nice playing. One question though, why do you use your pinkie for power chords?

Thanks!

Unless I plan to play the notes below the power chord or a full chord I just use my pinky to bar the octave and the fifth in the power chord. Cause I'm lazy to use all my fingers I guess... :)

Around the Network
ultima said:
Xen said:
ultima said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:
Megadeth is the shit, though Iron Maiden blows chunks IMO.

(quietly gets back to his Arch Enemy album)

Funny you should say that as I hear a lot of Maidens as an influences when I listen to Arch Enemy... I thought they were kinda sucking lately but new Arch Enemy album turned out great.

Melodeath is swamped in Maiden influences indeed - but the band itself, I just hate. Vocals, lack of heaviness, anything and everything about them.

AE is a sure bet these days, I think.

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out which band you're dissing here...

Maiden, of course.

Seriously??? Iron Maiden probably has the best vocals of any metal band... imo of course.

Blind Guardian is where it's at with vocals.

Possibly I've read too much, megadeth thread I know too much!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Metallica kicks both their asses.

Other nice, similar bands: Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Machine Head, Evile, Corrosion of Conformity, Mastodon...

Chrizum said:

Other nice, similar bands: Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Machine Head, Evile, Corrosion of Conformity, Mastodon...

Megadeth *cough* thrashes any Metallica you can throw at it, IMO. Rust in Peace <3

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ultima said:
disolitude said:
Seen Megadeth 8 times live. Seen Maiden only twice.

Here is me playing guitar, covering both bands.

Megadeths Ashes in your Mouth - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rie5fvEsz7s
Iron Maidens Wicker Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojcrtV30YSM

So yeah, Ima a fan :)

Very nice playing. One question though, why do you use your pinkie for power chords?

Thanks!

Unless I plan to play the notes below the power chord or a full chord I just use my pinky to bar the octave and the fifth in the power chord. Cause I'm lazy to use all my fingers I guess... :)

I see. I just tried it. It really squishes your fingers together on higher frets. And it's kind of hard to bar the octave with the pinkie; I guess it's a good strength building exercise for the pinkie though.

Xen said:
Chrizum said:

Megadeth *cough* thrashes any Metallica you can throw at it, IMO. Rust in Peace <3

Agreed.Especially 90s and onwards (minus Risk which we can all pretend never happened)

Metallica is a great "school of metal" type of band... but once you're ready to branch out their sound gets boring.

disolitude said:
Xen said:
Chrizum said:

Agreed.Especially 90s and onwards (minus Risk which we can all pretend never happened)

Metallica is a great "school of metal" type of band... but once you're ready to branch out their sound gets boring.

Variety is the spice of Megadeth.

Metallica, I like a few songs. But I like whole albums of Megadeth.

Love em all, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Metallica. Never seen any of em live but maybe one day.....

^_^

Metallica were incredible in the 80s, then they turned to shit in the 90s.