By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does being athiest mean to you?

sapphi_snake said:

Considering all the so-called exorcisms that happen worldwide all the time, I'm just gonna say that it's was probably all fake. I didn't know exorcisms were practiced by muslims too. Was your relative 'possessed'?

I don't even know how to explain it...the way it all happened couldn't have possibly been staged. It just boggles the mind...

Either that...or well, my relative deserves an Oscar. Because what I saw puts any exorcism related movie/show to shame.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
benao87 said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

So please tell us in detail what it means to be an atheist and how is life supposed to be functional without reincarnation or how it just continues to be how it is

Eh? Do you need to believe in the after-life in order to have a functional life?

I just can't believe in the existence of a higher being, who controls our destiny. When you die, thats it.

believing in god doesn't mean he controls you

it just makes us understand before creation and after creation realms

Uhmm, don't know dude, its just like I think that if there is a God who created the universe and blah blah blah, its like a person with a giant ant farm. He goes there and poke that. If it is indeed its creation, it was made for its amusement. Thats how I interpret the view from the people who believe in any form of god.

Btw, I really didn't get your point about life.

had you been made for God's amusment, he wouldnt have given you free wil. He wold constantly interact with your life and events in it

BUT then life would be boring

its like destiny where history has already been written but future is new to us and we think we are forming it

benao87 said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

So please tell us in detail what it means to be an atheist and how is life supposed to be functional without reincarnation or how it just continues to be how it is

Eh? Do you need to believe in the after-life in order to have a functional life?

I just can't believe in the existence of a higher being, who controls our destiny. When you die, thats it.

Uhmm, don't know dude, its just like I think that if there is a God who created the universe and blah blah blah, its like a person with a giant ant farm. He goes there and poke that. If it is indeed its creation, it was made for its amusement. Thats how I interpret the view from the people who believe in any form of god.

i was talking about the cycle of life and reason

pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

3. republicans talk religion form it into propaganda to get the devoted religioous to follow there lead to win elections so they can continue to have power the blindfollow without question, just like religion.

republicans also believe in something

what do you think there is a person sitting on top and they have nothing to do,whatever a person does is for something

yea. there for something alright. greed, power, and money

money is just a commodity of measuring hardwork and service

power is a way of using it

greed only persists within the poor not the rich as they have worked for it

What?

majority of the people rich have earned it and they know what it means and the value of money

people like celibrities who just turn rich in one day think of it as a cool thing and powerfull object abuse they were poor one day.they think of it as a sprint for enjoyment but not marathon to enjoy forever

I think you're generalising way too much now

my way of saying it would be wrong above but i'm not generalising that much

its just the way it works and its not generalization but human way

snakenobi said:
benao87 said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

What so you mean with the words cycle and reason? I understand the language barrier, so no offense intended.

Around the Network

"Which is why most scientists are agnostic. The reason why they're also mostly atheist is because if there is no proof of something the default position is to not believe in it. Basically do you believe that magical unicorns don't exist? For the same reason I believe deities don't exist."

Lol. I wouldnt even have responded to you if you hadnt wrote this:

"Somebody who believe it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of a deity"

Somebody who is agnostic dont believes god cant be disproven. THEY KNOW like everybody else should.

To the magical unicorn its not exactly the same. First you have to define what magical means ? If the Universe is infinite I KNOW there are unicorns for sure. To the magical it really comes down to how you define magical. If its against our physical laws then no. Not here in our universe another set of natural laws could make an unicorn with abilitys we would consider magical and in a multiverse there are definetly magical unicorns then. I dont believe in magical unicorns on earth. But god and a magical unicorn are two different things. An unicorn is bound by the set of rules in a universe god supposedly created the laws he is not bound by them. Maybe he is a concious energy bubble that emulates all possibilitys that can exist based on a certain set of rules.

Magical beeings (as in able to do things which are against natural laws) cant exist within a universe making it very unlikely for them to exist.)

But god isnt unlikely not even when you use occams razor. Why is a god like existance as source of all existance any more unlikely then the other explanations like infinite11 Dimensional room with branes endlessly colliding and creating infinite new universes ?In the end it ALWAYS comes down to infinite mass of energy the question is is it selfaware or not. God isnt unlikely no god isnt unlikely either it comes down to believe pure and simple. Atheists and Theists are equaly wrong/right both believes are equally justified.

snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
benao87 said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

had you been made for God's amusment, he wouldnt have given you free wil. He wold constantly interact with your life and events in it

BUT then life would be boring

its like destiny where history has already been written but future is new to us and we think we are forming it

Its a matter of persepctive. Either we are like a videogame to God and he can control the characters, or we are like a TV show, in which we are the directors and prodce the plot ourselves

Netyaroze said:
"Which is why most scientists are agnostic. The reason why they're also mostly atheist is because if there is no proof of something the default position is to not believe in it. Basically do you believe that magical unicorns don't exist? For the same reason I believe deities don't exist."

Lol. I wouldnt even have responded to you if you hadnt wrote this:

"Somebody who believe it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of a deity"

Somebody who is agnostic dont believes god cant be disproven. THEY KNOW like everybody else should.

To the magical unicorn its not exactly the same. First you have to define what magical means ? If the Universe is infinite I KNOW there are unicorns for sure. To the magical it really comes down to how you define magical. If its against our physical laws then no. Not here in our universe another set of natural laws could make an unicorn with abilitys we would consider magical and in a multiverse there are definetly magical unicorns then. I dont believe in magical unicorns on earth. But god and a magical unicorn are two different things. An unicorn is bound by the set of rules in a universe god supposedly created the laws he is not bound by them. Maybe he is a concious energy bubble that emulates all possibilitys that can exist based on a certain set of rules.

Magical beeings (as in able to do things which are against natural laws) cant exist within a universe making it very unlikely for them to exist.)

But god isnt unlikely not even when you use occams razor. Why is a god like existance as source of all existance any more unlikely then the other explanations like infinite11 Dimensional room with branes endlessly colliding and creating infinite new universes ?In the end it ALWAYS comes down to infinite mass of energy the question is is it selfaware or not. God isnt unlikely no god isnt unlikely either it comes down to believe pure and simple. Atheists and Theists are equaly wrong/right both believes are equally justified.

You're totally missing the point of the argument. It is a consistent world view that unless positive proof is shown for something the default position should be disbelief, to anybody with this world view until there is evidence of a deity then the logical position is atheism.

Ah ok thats logical ofcourse. Your use of the unicorn example sounced a lot like what a lot of atheists use to make god sound like something unlikely illogical and less credible.

I get your point. Way easier to see your position now then with the unicorn example because not everyone uses the same way.

Chrizum said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:
snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

What so you mean with the words cycle and reason? I understand the language barrier, so no offense intended.

nah,ther is no language barrier,its just hard to make the other person understand what you are thinking and feeling about physics and dimensions,etc

by reason i meant why should there be life

and by cycle i meant why shouldn't life and conciousness end,why does it exist and reproduce and fell itself

research on conciousness,quantum physics and unified theory and u will understand