By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Speculation on PSV battery life.

As I'm quite pleased with my PSP, I'm looking forward to this system with cautious optimism, as long as it continues with the kind of games I grew to love on the PSP. 3DS hasn't done the same with the 3DS, which is one reason I'm not interested in that system right now, regardless of the price.

Another mistake of the 3DS was Nintendo surrendering their battery life advantage. So the question is, will Sony make sure the PSV battery life is actually respectible?

With all the tech on it, that might be a tough thing to do (especially with the 3G version), but if they pull it off, then Sony will have a major advantage over the 3DS, that would even trump price for a lot of people.

Heck, if they pull that off, have more games in the vein that worked for the PSP (including a GTA game that doesn't rehash settings from past games), and just let me play the games on my PSP memory stick with little hassle, then the PSV shoots near the top of my wish list (after the PS3, for the Nippon Ichi and Insomniac games).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

TNK .... why would you want to inflict self injury with Insomniac games...but Nippon Ichi is awesome

How happy are you with PSP battery life? I believe SONY said PSV was in the same ball park.

Xxain said:
TNK .... why would you want to inflict self injury with Insomniac games...but Nippon Ichi is awesome

How happy are you with PSP battery life? I believe SONY said PSV was in the same ball park.

1. *bleep* you. R&C and the original Spyro games are awesome.

2. Well they should still shoot for better. It can only help them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

7 to 10 Hr would be perfect

I wonder if when Sony said in the same ball park as PSP if they were talking PSP 3000 or the earlier PSP"s. Didn't the origional have a battery life of 3-4 hours playing a game. The 3000 has what 4-5 hours playing games.

Now considering all the powerful tech in the Vita a four to five hour battery life would be very good. But since as another user said same ball park we could easily assume a healthy 4 hour battery life possibly less. The 3DS having a 3-5 hour battery life, that would mean Vita's Battery life will not be a selling point for Sony.

From the statements I have heard and from the tech the PSP comes equiped with. A 3-5 hour battery life sounds pretty plausable for PSVita putting it inline with 3DS.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

The battery life should be pretty good because OLED screens don't require a back light

I'm thinking 4-5 hours max.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I predict that it will be longer than 30 minutes.

5-6 hours, the psp lasts over 5 hours running games from a mem stick. since the psv has no umd and the screen is an oled it should last that long with the wi-fi turned off at least.

My guess it is 2-3 hours