By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Counter Strike Officially ANNOUNCED called CS Global Offensive (CSGO)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

About the Game

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

so many good PC games coming out, Social Life is way overrated

Around the Network

I'm gonna be so all over this...can't wait

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Oh hell, PLEASE have cross platform play. That would be the greatest.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Oh hell, PLEASE have cross platform play. That would be the greatest.

i'm pretty sure its going to be Mac + PC cross platform.

Man, VGChartz is so slow/dead when it comes to PC gaming news, I don't really bother here any more. I don't even recall seeing a thread about DotA2's "The International", and this is like 10 hours late.

Downer aside, I'm so happy about this news.  I wonder if it'll be able to sway the 1.6 loyalists.

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:

Man, VGChartz is so slow/dead when it comes to PC gaming news, I don't really bother here any more. I don't even recall seeing a thread about DotA2's "The International", and this is like 10 hours late.

Downer aside, I'm so happy about this news.  I wonder if it'll be able to sway the 1.6 loyalists.

i

i'm not on the internet 24/7 (thank goodness)

Nice

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Day 1... Now I wish I was 16 again like when the first one came out.... wasted lots of good study hours on that game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

"The team-based shooter game is "targeted" for an early 2012 release on the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, Mac and PC in early 2012."

nice!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

PullusPardus said:
SeriousWB said:

i

i'm not on the internet 24/7 (thank goodness)

This wasn't aimed solely at you, so you don't need to get so defensive.  The whole world isn't running on your timezone, unless you think the times you're not browsing the internet absolutely no one else is.  As a whole, this community is really slow with PC news.  Either that or the news is completely ignored.