Genesis 13 16.67%

Virtual Boy 5 6.41%

Saturn 3 3.85%

Dreamcast 14 17.95%

Can't Choose/See Results 12 15.38%

Total:78

get an Amiga god among computers

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

SNES - Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Terranigma, Zelda ALttP. Those 5 games alone justify the SNES' place as an epic platform

I would recommend the 64 for a plethora of reasons. First and foremost it is almost indestructible, and that goes for the games as well. When buying used hardware reliability becomes more relevant. Moving parts are a concern with older disc based consoles, and older carts were more prone to being brittle. So the 64 is just the safest bet on the mechanical side of the equation.

Second the console had a library very different from modern libraries, and was fairly varied in respect to the library for the console itself. You are not going to find a lot of modern contemporaries for the likes of Pilotwings, Shadows, BlastCorps, Starfox, Banjo, and so on. Not to mention there are probably a great many games in the second tier that you haven't played with still averaged in the low nineties in reviews.

Third it is going to be a better investment over time, because as I pointed out earlier it will be more reliable, and the very different library will maintain a healthier demand. Along with the fact that it is fairly child proof. So if you find that your nostalgia has totally dried up. You should be able to sell it back into the market, and make back a little of that green.

Fourth you will find more games to choose from, and that is really important. The console did well enough to set millions of games into the market, and their durability means they will have lasted till today. I guarantee that if you go for a genesis your going to find a lot of cracked carts, and if you go for the Saturn or Dreamcast you will find scratched discs.

I have owned a lot of consoles, but the only one I had a legitimate chance of selling that I did not was the 64. For the simple reason that I knew it wasn't going to rot, and the games would still be working decades from now. You know until the internal memory gives out on the carts. If your going to buy something old. Buy something that is going to last.

SNES

Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Mario All Stars, all of them are pinnacle of their series.

Dodece said:
I would recommend the 64 for a plethora of reasons. First and foremost it is almost indestructible, and that goes for the games as well. When buying used hardware reliability becomes more relevant. Moving parts are a concern with older disc based consoles, and older carts were more prone to being brittle. So the 64 is just the safest bet on the mechanical side of the equation.

Second the console had a library very different from modern libraries, and was fairly varied in respect to the library for the console itself. You are not going to find a lot of modern contemporaries for the likes of Pilotwings, Shadows, BlastCorps, Starfox, Banjo, and so on. Not to mention there are probably a great many games in the second tier that you haven't played with still averaged in the low nineties in reviews.

Third it is going to be a better investment over time, because as I pointed out earlier it will be more reliable, and the very different library will maintain a healthier demand. Along with the fact that it is fairly child proof. So if you find that your nostalgia has totally dried up. You should be able to sell it back into the market, and make back a little of that green.

Fourth you will find more games to choose from, and that is really important. The console did well enough to set millions of games into the market, and their durability means they will have lasted till today. I guarantee that if you go for a genesis your going to find a lot of cracked carts, and if you go for the Saturn or Dreamcast you will find scratched discs.

I have owned a lot of consoles, but the only one I had a legitimate chance of selling that I did not was the 64. For the simple reason that I knew it wasn't going to rot, and the games would still be working decades from now. You know until the internal memory gives out on the carts. If your going to buy something old. Buy something that is going to last.

Poor argument.

I'm 20 and my Model 1 Genesis is... older than I am and works like a charm. All its games do too, of which it has far more and far better.

Around the Network

SNES for my money. Though you can't go wrong with N64 or Genesis either.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Since you're enjoying your 3DS I say you should get the Virtual Boy. It's the pinnacle of 3D gaming.

Double post

Either the Saturn or the Dreamcast, these were my favourite consoles as a child, there are so many gems and underrated games on those systems, most of which people have never heard of.

Super Nintendo, it has a lot of games like super mario world, donkey kong country, and star fox. It should be under 50 dollars, make sure to not buy a fake contoller. The fakes have a greenish tin near the a/b buttons and have an embossed nintendo logo on the front.