By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 32 - Harry Potter

oh the cat joke was voluntary... :-p

anyways, i concur with prof here. this type of humor is oft linked to an anti town role... but it's usually never picked up onto because it's still random.

/takes the mirror piece and sees a bearded old man...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
every single thing?

It's more like, your joke is suspicious, and the fact that you thought my suspicion was important enough to address with a thorough explanation is also suspicious.

Also, for a supposed student of my behavior I am puzzled as to why you think a possibly gratuitous amount of explanation is notable. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hephaestos said:

anyways, i concur with prof here. this type of humor is oft linked to an anti town role... but it's usually never picked up onto because it's still random.

What's with you and all those /does something... at the end of every post? Trying to tell us who you are? Dumbledore perhaps (I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to Harry Potter so if anyone has a better guess. go ahead)

Signature goes here!

Ok, I;ve been sitting in front of the computer for close to 10 hours now. So this is my one post for the day

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
every single thing?

It's more like, your joke is suspicious, and the fact that you thought my suspicion was important enough to address with a thorough explanation is also suspicious.

Also, for a supposed student of my behavior I am puzzled as to why you think a possibly gratuitous amount of explanation is notable. 

It's true that you do tend to explain things unnecessarily :D

Still, it's only day 1. This is all I have to go off of.

Around the Network

By mid morning, the team of wizards from the Ministry of Magic had arrived at Hogwarts.  Along with them was none other than the famous retired Auror, "Mad Eye" Moody.

Upon the team arriving at the school, the students were allowed to go back to their dormitories, and informed that it was of utmost importance that they do not wander the halls without permission.

Not long after, Harry had gotten permission from Percy to check the owlery to see if he had gotten any messages.

Pidwigeon immediately flew down to Harry and dropped a letter next to him.

Dear Harry,

I have been informed of what has recently happened in school.  It is of utmost importance that you listen to Dumbledore's orders, and stay in your dormitory.  No matter the temptation, you must not roam the halls with your invisibility cloak.  It is far too dangerous.

Sincerely,
Snuffles

As Harry walked back to his dormitory, with the letter folded up in his hands, he briefly saw somebody he thought he recognized.  Rather than chase after the unknown person, Harry decided he would simply look at the Marauder's Map as soon as he got back to his dormitory.

Upon looking at the map, Harry saw the last name he ever expected to see on the map, Lucious Malfoy.

He immediately went to Ron and Hermione, and showed them what he saw on his map.

"You need to tell somebody, Harry!" insisted Ron.

Immediately after, Hermione stated, "But we aren't supposed to leave the dormitories without permission."

"That is where my invisibility cloak will come in handy," stated Harry.

"Moody will be able to see you with his eye, though," said Hermione.

"Which is why I will be going directly to him," said Harry confidently.

After Hermione was finally convinced that this was for the best, Harry went and got his invisibility cloak, despite Sirius Black's warning to stay in the dormitory.  Hermione immediately went to Percy, insisting that she had to go to the library to get the book.  As she went through the portrait, Harry snuck through as well, with his invisibility cloak on.

Harry quickly went towards the Great Hall, which was his best guess as to where Moody would be.  On his way there, he happened to catch Moody walking down a hallway by himself.  Harry immediately went towards Moody.  Knowing Moody could see Harry through the cloak with his eye, Harry waved Moody towards him, indicating he had to say something.

"You shouldn't be out here!" insisted Moody.

"I have something you must see.  Lucious Malfoy is showing up on my Maurader's Map.  I think he might be the one that killed Cedric Diggory," said Harry.

"I'm going to need to borrow your map from you, and you must get back to your dormitory immediately, Harry.  Thank you," stated Moody.

Harry met Hermione at the portrait, and as she walked through with several books in her hand, Harry also snuck in.

Soon after, Percy once again told the students that they all had to get to the Great Hall immediately.

After all the students had gotten into the Great Hall, Dumbledore silenced them, and had a message to deliver.

"Attention students!  The Ministry of Magic recently discovered Lucious Malfoy has been roaming Hogwarts.  Fortunately, Professor Moody has been able to find him very quickly.  Despite being urged not to inform you of this, we have discovered due to a Veritaserum potion that it was indeed he who murdered Cedric Diggory in the bathroom.  Due to further investigation still being necessary, however, classes are still indefinitely suspended, and the Quidditch match is still delayed until further notice," stated Dumbledore.

Radishhead has been modkilled.  He was Lucious Malfoy, a member of the mafia.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

The day is still going on right?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Hephaestos said:

What's with you and all those /does something... at the end of every post? Trying to tell us who you are? Dumbledore perhaps (I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to Harry Potter so if anyone has a better guess. go ahead)

That's what I'm wondering about, too. First I though it has something to do with his role, but then I remembered this is a vanilla game, so the only thing left are hints to his name.

Anyway, this game is on a rather slow pace.

Baal, how long does this day still last?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Lasts until 1:00 UTC on 8/16/11, so that would be 5 1/2 hours.

As I said previously, I would have allowed a 24 hour extension, but it seemed not enough people wanted that.

TruckOSaurus said:
The day is still going on right?

For another 5 1/2 hours, yes.