By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 32 - Harry Potter

theprof00 said:
@ff
Well, because others joked about different things. You joked about tom riddle being good. You have a tendency to act clueless when you're mafia. This joke comes off as supporting that, almost in a defiant way. You know that your "cluelessness" last time got you in trouble. After reading a PM this game that said you were mafia, are you the type of person who would have that no his mind? I think you are.

I don't know what you know about Harry Potter, but the joke was based on the OP combining two of his murders.  He ordered the death of Cedric Diggory, and he was responsible for the death of a girl in a bathroom.  So when Cedric gets murdered in the bathroom I say someone is trying to frame Voldemort.  He doesn't even have to be good, just not guilty -- I said "poor Tom Riddle" for extra silliness, the pitiable plight of the Dark Lord etc.  (Although for all I know the mafia are in fact death eaters led by Voldemort, in which case he's guilty after all.) 

As for my clulessness, my memory is not always great and I honestly do not recall what you are referring to, though I do recall that you're referred to it before.  I seriously doubt I could overcompensate for something I don't remember. 

Oh, I think maybe you're talking about how I supposedly expressed confusion about things that were happening to an abnormal extent.  Well, I don't see how that's in any way relevant to this.  Also I think it's a bit much to call a single data point (one game) a "tendency". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
TadpoleJackson said:
In reality

Vote: Jackson

He's posted in several other threads, and not in this one

i second dsis

vote: tadpoleJackson

Could you edit your post and close the b tag please?

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

I apologize for misunderstanding you, but no reason to get insulting.

I thought with safe you meant being scum, since you answered Tadpole's question about being diabolical.

No, you're right, that was my fault. I didn't think that safe could be interpreted as being "safely mafia", and the context IS weird. When I look at it, it doesn't even look like I'm talking about them being town at all.

But, you know what, given this misunderstanding, I think it's funny that Trucks almost leapt at the chance to try and seem "jokey"

I wasn't trying to seem jokey, I was pointing out a real contradiction in your arguments but since it's not that big a deal I went with only a Finger of Suspicion. For the record, I thought you were expressing your suspicions about me and ST and that Final-Fan was strongly town to you.

Signature goes here!

Ok, I asked trasharmdsister to replace radish, but he hasn't responded. If anybody knows of any other people who can replace him, it would be greatly appreciated.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Bold!!!

L-5

L-4
Truck Linkz Final-Fan
Jackson Tadpole -
Tadpole Heph -

For players:

L-4, Truck: Linkz, Final-Fan

L-5, Jackson: Tadpole

L-5, Tadpole: Heph

L-6, Yo_john: Tadpole, (Tadpole)

By players:

Linkz: Truck

Final-Fan: Truck

Tadpole: Yo_john->Unvote->Jackson

Heph: Tadpole

Edited, had Heph's vote incorrect.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

read my vote again....i never voted for marcus.

(and i did close the bold... dunno why it didn't work.... but as can be seen in baal's post, anyone can close it ^^ )

/watches carefully, now! the mouth opens and the chocolate frog falls right into it.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
@ff
Well, because others joked about different things. You joked about tom riddle being good. You have a tendency to act clueless when you're mafia. This joke comes off as supporting that, almost in a defiant way. You know that your "cluelessness" last time got you in trouble. After reading a PM this game that said you were mafia, are you the type of person who would have that no his mind? I think you are.

I don't know what you know about Harry Potter, but the joke was based on the OP combining two of his murders.  He ordered the death of Cedric Diggory, and he was responsible for the death of a girl in a bathroom.  So when Cedric gets murdered in the bathroom I say someone is trying to frame Voldemort.  He doesn't even have to be good, just not guilty -- I said "poor Tom Riddle" for extra silliness, the pitiable plight of the Dark Lord etc.  (Although for all I know the mafia are in fact death eaters led by Voldemort, in which case he's guilty after all.) 

As for my clulessness, my memory is not always great and I honestly do not recall what you are referring to, though I do recall that you're referred to it before.  I seriously doubt I could overcompensate for something I don't remember. 

Oh, I think maybe you're talking about how I supposedly expressed confusion about things that were happening to an abnormal extent.  Well, I don't see how that's in any way relevant to this.  Also I think it's a bit much to call a single data point (one game) a "tendency". 

the fact that you try and explain your joke seems even more suspicious.

What I'm talking about is not the content of the joke, but the mindset of the joke. I get the joke. I really do. What I'm saying is that the mindset of the joke comes off as a suspicious one. For example, in the hatmoza round where Heph was mafia, he mistakenly made suspicious jokes at the beginning like the pic of the cat run over. He didn't mean to be so overt, it was that he was in a dark humor mindset. It's a guilty minset that makes jokes like these.

prof: "every single thing you do is a reason for me to suspect you"

I am calling bullshit on this. I haven't decided if it is worth a vote.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Actually it reminds me of your complaint about me in our early games together!

every single thing?

It's more like, your joke is suspicious, and the fact that you thought my suspicion was important enough to address with a thorough explanation is also suspicious.